SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  

The Question.

It was ages ago, and my fiance and myself were looking for a marriage like each of our parents had enjoyed.

We each wanted to be close to God and be members of a church where we could bring our children when

they were born, so they could be close to Him. We were having a church wedding many miles from my

home, but close to my fiance's home. The pastor who was to marry us was a different type of Baptist

from my pastor, and fiance warned me that he sometimes asked each man and woman if they were certain that

they were saved in Jesus Christ. I was raised in church, and had been water baptized, but had not been

told that one should have to be certain we were saved. To me it was up to the Lord, and I would not lie

to the pastor about it.

So we prayed about it, and when he interviewed us, he only asked us if we were sure that God wanted us

to marry. That was a different question and neither of us had any trouble saying yes to that. So we were married there.

It was three decades later, after prayer from others brought me through my near death illness,

and after my prayers to the wonderful Lord for the healing of some others was also answered that

I was told something in the spirit. I was told that I was saved in the Lord Jesus, along with my wife, and we were

bound for Heaven. Finally I could answer that question the right way. Thank you, Jesus.

Sue D.

Your term "saved in the Lord Jesus" what do you mean by that?

I mean, like Billy Graham would have said, that you might one day hear that I am in the grave, but don't

you believe it! There is a place for me in Heaven. I bet that you, Sue D. are going to the same wonderful place.

Now, I am not really talking here about my being saved, but my KNOWING that I was for sure saved.

I think that I was saved when I got married, because of his wonderful promises. I just felt that I should

hear it from the Lord also before I told others about being saved. I think that I felt this way because

of how I was taught at my local church.

Edited by 2002

Sue D.
I mean, like Billy Graham would have said, that you might one day hear that I am in the grave, but don't

you believe it! There is a place for me in Heaven. I bet that you, Sue D. are going to the same wonderful place.

Now, I am not really talking here about my being saved, but my KNOWING that I was for sure saved.

I think that I was saved when I got married, because of his wonderful promises. I just felt that I should

hear it from the Lord also before I told others about being saved. I think that I felt this way because

of how I was taught at my local church.

When I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior -- I immediately had an inner peace. It That what you're referring to -- the inner peace?

Why do you say that you were 'saved' when you got married. I'm Also married -- for many years, but didn't feel that I 'saved' by getting married.

How do you mean that you should ' hear it from the Lord" before telling others about your salvation? What is it that you'd Be 'hearing'.

• Like 1

I had an inner peace also when I was saved, but that was not really what I was talking about.

The married part did not have anything to do with salvation, not for me anyway.

I am talking about knowing for certain sure that I was saved in Jesus Christ.

To me it seemed like perhaps it was wishful thinking to just decide that I was saved, just because

I was baptized. I wanted to hear it in my heart, and be totally certain. Meanwhile I believed in

Christ, and continued to ask for my sins to be forgiven. It was not until I was in my early fifties

that I heard him speak in my heart that I knew that I was for sure saved, that I was 100% certain.

Perhaps I did not have the perfect training in this area in church.

Anyway it is nice to finally know what it means to be certain of my salvation!

Thanks to Jesus!

Sue D.
I had an inner peace also when I was saved, but that was not really what I was talking about.

The married part did not have anything to do with salvation, not for me anyway.

I am talking about knowing for certain sure that I was saved in Jesus Christ.

To me it seemed like perhaps it was wishful thinking to just decide that I was saved, just because

I was baptized. I wanted to hear it in my heart, and be totally certain. Meanwhile I believed in

Christ, and continued to ask for my sins to be forgiven. It was not until I was in my early fifties

that I heard him speak in my heart that I knew that I was for sure saved, that I was 100% certain.

Perhaps I did not have the perfect training in this area in church.

Anyway it is nice to finally know what it means to be certain of my salvation!

Thanks to Jesus!

Scripture says that there's no other name under heaven by which a person Can be saved.

Is it really Scriptural to 'just decide that I'm saved" ? It's believing that Jesus Christ is God's Son and that Scripture says that Christ died on the cross and that He was buried and that He rose again on the 3rd day. -- believing in one's heart and confessing with one's mouth - the Lord Jesus. That's in 1 Corinthians 15.

HOW did you hear Him speak in your heart? That's what I'm trying to understand -- because you've said that you Did have an inner peace when you were saved. That 'inner peace' is the Holy Spirit 'letting you know' that He Has come to indwell us.

I was just re-reading your opening comments -- it was the pastor who questioned you about 'being saved in Jesus Christ'. And That's what you've been confused about.

John 14:6 is Christ saying that "I am the way, the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father, but by Me." That is Jesus Christ talking.

Hope this is helpful.