SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  

Praise for Answered Prayer

I was a Baptist for all of my life, and had been taught that we should pray for those badly in need

of help from the Lord. But very little seemed to happen in answer to any of my prayers until I was

just past fifty years old. Did what happen then surprise me? It certainly did. More things sort of like this came to me

not long after this.This is what happened...

I was going down the road very early in the morning, one Sunday morning, and I prayed to the Lord,

and asked if there was something that I could do for him that day. I didn't really expect a direct answer,

but I guess I got one. Just as I finished my prayer I pulled up behind a small pickup truck going the

same direction I was, and there was also another car stopped coming from the other direction.

I got this like message in my mind, a string of thoughts. I was to pray for the driver of each of those

cars stopped with me at the light, pray for their personal safety, and for their salvation in Jesus Christ.

I didn't know where this answer was coming from, but in case it was from the Lord I figured I had better

do what I was told. I quickly prayed, and then the light was green and off we went. I followed the

little pickup for two or three blocks and then I heard something, and I saw the little truck swerve off

the road and slam into the bushes adjoining the road. It raised a lot of dust. I stopped and got out of my car.

He got out and ran over to me, and I asked if he was OK. He was, but his pickup was going nowhere.

He said it had a broken axle, and as we looked at the scene I could see that his pickup had missed

a fairly large tree by just a few inches, and hitting the bushes had not done him or the vehicle much

damage. Not compared to what would have happened had he hit that tree.

Neither of us had a cell phone, so he asked me to drive him to a service station, so

he could call his boss who owned the truck. I did so and I knew that I was supposed to

say something about the Lord, so I did. I told him that God had really looked out for him

that time, because he surely saw how close he had come to that tree. He said yes,

and he admitted that was all true. He looked a little funny when I mentioned God's name.

Then I brought him back to the scene and left him off there, wishing him a Good Luck.

Nothing like this had ever happened to me before and it blew my mind. Why did this

all happen? I have had years to think about all this, and I am wondering if he was

someone being pursued by God. Someone who was supposed to come into

his fold of believers. If this is true, then I pray that it all came about. Praise to Jesus.

This all happened about a year before my own near death, after which I learned to pray

for the healing of others who were close to death also. The Lord is wonderful

and merciful to us!

Edited by 2002

Just Mike

2002, God is in control all the time and every time. You were where God wanted you to be at the very time he wanted you to be. Isn't that fantastic? Thanks so much for sharing that 20002.

• Like 1

It all happened according to how He wanted it all to happen. God has the best timing!