SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
marknoo

Colossians 2:8

marknoo

Colossians 2

8 See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, according to the tradition of men, according to the elementary principles of the world, [a]rather than according to Christ.

Here is a brief explanation for Augustine's Just War:

https://www.mtholyoke.edu/~jasingle/justwar.html

this is not something that I have any real knowledge about so I am hoping it is accurate in its representation of a Just War

A few of the conditions that need to be met are:

3. ]Just Cause

A just war needs to be in response to a wrong suffered. Self-defense against an attack always constitutes a just war; however, the war needs to be fought with the objective to correct the inflicted wound.

5.]Right Intention

The pirmary objective of a just war is to re-establish peace. In particular, the peace after the war should excede the peace that would have succeeded without the use of force. The aim of the use of force must be justice.

6. Proportionality

The violence in a just war must be proportional to the casualties suffered. The nations involved in the war must avoid disproportionate military action and only use the amount of force absolutely necessary.

Here is where the controversy comes in:

Can a Capitalist that is afraid of a Communist travel anywhere to fight the communist. Or is it different if the Capitalist just sends money and guns to South America and Africa but does not go himself.

I think fighting Terrorist is a Just War but I it seems that our Domino Theory may not fit the requirement for a just war.

I need to get a handle on this because I don't want my patriotism to get in the way of what is important. My life as an American is not important compared to who I am becoming eternally.

theophilus

We can't always tell whether a war our country in engaged in is just of not, but that isn't the real issue we face. We much decide to what extent we will support our countries military activities. In Romans 13 we are commanded to submit to governmen authority. If the country engages in an unjust war that is the responsibility of the leaders, not the citizens. When those leaders are up for reelection we need to take all of their actilvities into consideration, but otherwise we are simply to obey the government.

Many of the early converts were soldiers in the Roman army. From what I know of Roman history, I doubt that many of the wars the Roman Empire engaged in were just wars, but there is nothing indicating that Christian soldiers had any right to disobey their commanders.

The Bible says that the purpose of government is to punish wrongdoing and certainly fighting terrorism would fit into that purpose. Supporting the government in this issue is an act both of patriotism and of obedience to God.

• Like 1