The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  

I was just home from work, and my wife and mostly grown daughter were not home yet, so I warmed up a frozen dinner and

waited for it to be ready. All of a sudden I began having the worst headache that I ever had, and I swallowed an aspirin

to get some relief. Instead I collapsed to the floor like a scarecrow, and my last thought was that this was it. I was

going to die right then and there, and I was very nearly right.

Daughter came in soon after, and found me and called an ambulance for me, but I knew absolutely nothing. They

later learned that I had suffered a cerebral bleed caused by a long ago cerebral birth defect. It was called

an "AVM" and it is something that people from about ten to sixty years do sometimes get, and sometimes do die from.

My wife called the church that we were members of and asked for prayers. They were not into healing, but

they prayed for me. Two whole Protestant churches were asked to also pray. Others were also asked to pray including one group of Roman Catholics, and various Protestant believers, and some charismatics. I needed all the prayers I could get.

I had an eight hour operation to save me, and even with the tons of prayers it was weeks before I slowly came back.

I had recent memory problems, and walking problems, and talking problems, just for starters.

Slowly I came back even though a wake was at one point planned for me. When I came back I was allowed

to return home, and later I prayed for the ability to pray for the healing of others, others of faith. God was

wonderful to help many and to totally heal some of them. After 4 years I was back to normal, though I do

not have the faith to pray for others that I used to have.

I love to thank the Lord for my healing. I think I will do that again! Thank you, Jesus for giving me a second life

that I do not deserve! Praise God!

If you need a healing, ask for prayers. God is merciful!

• Like 1

2002 Awesome! Thank you for sharing this testimony. I have always asked that God would place me in the center of His will when I entered very serious health issues. I can think of no other place I wouls rather be.

• Like 1