SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Scott9591

Old Fart Christian - New to Forums

Scott9591

I'm looking get away from the dogmatic narrative of the one side of certain debates my church and my peer group has always agreed with and be open to the scriptural evidence of why those on the other side believe the way they do. And to do so with gentleness and respect.

• Like 1

theophilus

I hope you can find what you are looking for here. Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

reformed baptist

welcome

• Like 1

William
Staff

Welcome to Christforums!

God bless,

William

• Like 1

Innerfire89

Welcome.

• Like 1

Origen

Hello and welcome

• Like 1

Just Mike
I'm looking get away from the dogmatic narrative of the one side of certain debates my church and my peer group has always agreed with and be open to the scriptural evidence of why those on the other side believe the way they do. And to do so with gentleness and respect.

Scott welcome. I don't care too much for the title of your thread. I am one to be respectful and with gentleness so we should get along.

So what dogmatic narratives and debates have you been dealing with? Maybe you will find what your looking for here in the forum.

• Like 1

Scott9591

Scott welcome. I don't care too much for the title of your thread. I am one to be respectful and with gentleness so we should get along.

So what dogmatic narratives and debates have you been dealing with? Maybe you will find what your looking for here in the forum.

I apologize for the title, I can be a little "crude" sometimes, but it certainly doesn't go much beyond that I can assure you.

As far as your question about which dogmatic narratives. It is mostly some of the usual debates; some specifics would be those who debate "hell" as being eternal torment vs annihilation, premillennialism vs amillennialism, dispensational vs covenant, young earth vs old earth, etc.. I come from an evangelical background (whatever that is these days) and the churches I have been involved in have had a pretty one-sided view of those debates; some questioning the orthodoxy of others who disagreed. Even to the point of casting doubts towards their being in the Kingdom.

• Like 1

reformed baptist

I think you will find disagreements on all those things here - I hope those disagreements are in love and as these matters are discussed people are able to weigh up the arguments on their merits - iron sharpens and iron as so forth :RpS_thumbup:

• Like 2

William
Staff

I apologize for the title, I can be a little "crude" sometimes, but it certainly doesn't go much beyond that I can assure you.

As far as your question about which dogmatic narratives. It is mostly some of the usual debates; some specifics would be those who debate "hell" as being eternal torment vs annihilation, premillennialism vs amillennialism, dispensational vs covenant, young earth vs old earth, etc.. I come from an evangelical background (whatever that is these days) and the churches I have been involved in have had a pretty one-sided view of those debates; some questioning the orthodoxy of others who disagreed. Even to the point of casting doubts towards their being in the Kingdom.

There's a saying, those that do not know history are bound to repeat it. Well, some of us say, those of us that do know history are bound to witness its repetition. The church for 2000 years is full of great debates which circulate over and over again. On one hand I can see and understand your position. On the other hand I would not support unorthodox missions. What we evangelize someone by is what they are led to. Should they be led by truth or falsehood? In other words I think orthodoxy is extremely important when evangelizing. Without orthodoxy there's the risk of idolatry.

Needlessly said, I think there's something for everyone on this particular board. If you wish to only discuss things light heartedly then there are sub-forums for that. If you want to get serious and debate there too are sub-forums for that. Regardless of our engagement staff does, however, expect members to follow our rules. If you think someone is violating the rules and therefore making the place unenjoyable for you, then each post has the option to be flagged. Report the incident and staff will directly handle the problem child.

God bless,

William

• Like 2