SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Former President Jimmy Carter Will be Liberty University's Commencement Speaker

Support

Former President Jimmy Carter will be Liberty University’s commencement speaker in May.

More...

Just Mike

This will be a sticky wicket. President Carter says he is a Christian Man. He helps Habitat for humanity building homes for needy people. However is Presidency was not so good. Perhaps worst of all is he is a democrat, which has murdering babies as its core plank.

At 93 he is our oldest living President.

Edited by Just Mike
I misrepresented Carter, after Williams post I corrected my serious mistake.

William
Staff
This will be a sticky wicket. President Carter is a fine Christian Man, a good example in is helping Habitat for humanity building homes for needy people. However is Presidency was not so good. Perhaps worst of all is he is a democrat, which has murdering babies as its core plank.

I would love to meet the President, at 93 he is our oldest living President and we should treasure him while is is still with us. God bless you President Carter.

I dunno how someone can be a "fine Christian man" and advocate murder of the innocent. Charity, homes built from votes that support the murder of the innocent. Liberals love to promise charitable gifts from the U.S. treasury, only catch is you'll have to sign your soul away. Hey, Justme, want a free cell (Obama) phone or housing, just sign here and you'll endorse a pro-death/abortion candidate, blood money. Hey buddy, Carter will give and give and give until he runs out of "other" people's shirts to give off their backs. Liberals are really charitable with other people's money.

You realize Carter promoted liberalism and post modernism in a time where Fundamentalism rose up to oppose it? He is an enemy to Christianity and he opposes absolute truth.

The article states: "In 2005, Carter released his 20th book, Our Endangered Values: America’s Moral Crisis. In the book, Carter argues that Christian fundamentalism has endangered the separation between church and state."

Carter was the first "Post modernist President". You know what post modernism is right? It is taking experience over reasoning. It is suggesting that all truth is relative to an individual. Therefore, what is true for you is not true for me. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc are all equal and valid and deserving of the same respect.

We even owe our Iran controversy to Carter. Good job Mr President for over throwing and putting in power the current regime. Your party complains about Russian meddling but you're the pinnacle of unethical foreign relations.

I was greatly disturbed to hear someone such as Carter even teaches a bible study in church. I am not surprised he is speaking at Liberty University as the commencement speaker. Wasn't it Falwell Jr. that sold out to Trump? I believe Falwell opposed Trump until Trump dug into his wallet and made a nice contribution to Liberty University. Trump is the candidate that boasted about having others in his back pocket. In other words, Trump boasted about his bribes Exodus 18:21.

I want nothing to do with Jimmy Carter, and should I ever "enroll" in any online courses etc I'd never go to or recommend Liberty University.

God bless,

William

Faber

Carter thinks those who espouse heresy are Christians.

Newsweek: Do you think a Mormon is a Christian?

Carter: Yes, I do. I have a cousin who is a Mormon and she married one of the Marriott family. I don’t know anyone who’s more devout in their faith than she and her family. I admire them very much.

http://www.dennyburk.com/jimmy-carter-says-mormons-are-christians/

• Like 1

William
Staff

Carter: Yes, I do. I have a cousin who is a Mormon and she married one of the Marriott family. I don’t know anyone who’s more devout in their faith than she and her family. I admire them very much.

http://www.dennyburk.com/jimmy-carte...re-christians/

Billy Graham also opposes Mormonism until Mitch Romney paid him a visit: After Romney meeting, Billy Graham website scrubs Mormon’cult’ reference

[h=1][/h]

• Like 1

Just Mike
This will be a sticky wicket. President Carter is a fine Christian Man, a good example in is helping Habitat for humanity building homes for needy people. However is Presidency was not so good. Perhaps worst of all is he is a democrat, which has murdering babies as its core plank.

I would love to meet the President, at 93 he is our oldest living President and we should treasure him while is is still with us. God bless you President Carter.

I dunno how someone can be a "fine Christian man" and advocate murder of the innocent. Charity, homes built from votes that support the murder of the innocent. Liberals love to promise charitable gifts from the U.S. treasury, only catch is you'll have to sign your soul away. Hey, Justme, want a free cell (Obama) phone or housing, just sign here and you'll endorse a pro-death/abortion candidate, blood money. Hey buddy, Carter will give and give and give until he runs out of "other" people's shirts to give off their backs. Liberals are really charitable with other people's money.

You realize Carter promoted liberalism and post modernism in a time where Fundamentalism rose up to oppose it? He is an enemy to Christianity and he opposes absolute truth.

The article states: "In 2005, Carter released his 20th book, Our Endangered Values: America’s Moral Crisis. In the book, Carter argues that Christian fundamentalism has endangered the separation between church and state."

Carter was the first "Post modernist President". You know what post modernism is right? It is taking experience over reasoning. It is suggesting that all truth is relative to an individual. Therefore, what is true for you is not true for me. Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam etc are all equal and valid and deserving of the same respect.

We even owe our Iran controversy to Carter. Good job Mr President for over throwing and putting in power the current regime. Your party complains about Russian meddling but you're the pinnacle of unethical foreign relations.

I was greatly disturbed to hear someone such as Carter even teaches a bible study in church. I am not surprised he is speaking at Liberty University as the commencement speaker. Wasn't it Falwell Jr. that sold out to Trump? I believe Falwell opposed Trump until Trump dug into his wallet and made a nice contribution to Liberty University. Trump is the candidate that boasted about having others in his back pocket. In other words, Trump boasted about his bribes Exodus 18:21.

I want nothing to do with Jimmy Carter, and should I ever "enroll" in any online courses etc I'd never go to or recommend Liberty University.

God bless,

William

Thank you William I rewrote my post. I needed to be reminded of some things you said.

Just Mike

http://www.dennyburk.com/jimmy-carte...re-christians/

Billy Graham also opposes Mormonism until Mitch Romney paid him a visit: After Romney meeting, Billy Graham website scrubs Mormon’cult’ reference

[h=1][/h]

Rev, Graham surly was not a perfect man. He made a serious error is dealing with Mitch Romney without a doubt, this I totally agree with you William.

The Lord used Billy Graham is a very unusual way. The Holy Spirit called many souls to Follow Jesus Christ in Billy Grahams preaching. I am think he stood before the Lord and heard "well done" I hope that can be said of me when I go home.

deade

Here is why these tele-evangelist go wrong: 1 John 2:15: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." They wind up in bed with the devil.

6279.gif.9f951948bc1f4b3f929be67c0c67d0df.gif

• Like 1

Just Mike
Here is why these tele-evangelist go wrong: 1 John 2:15: "Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him." They wind up in bed with the devil.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"6279.gif","data-attachmentid":64610}[/ATTACH]

Surly your not saying he was a bad tele-evnagelist are you?

I feel when I have even shared Christ with even 1/1,000,000,000 of the number of people Billy Graham has then I have the right to condemn him.

Just as Billy Graham is answerable to God for his life so it shall be with me. I am accountable only for me. So it is with Rev. Graham.

• Like 1

deade

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"6279.gif","data-attachmentid":64610}[/ATTACH]

No justme, I am just saying money and fame has a corrupting aspect to it. I am sure any of us would be just as susceptible, given the same circumstance.

Dutch

How did this go from a post about Carter at Liberty to a thread about Billy Graham?

nolidad

God bless,

William

Well too many believers spend too much time worrying about American politics. I voted fro Trump. Why? Because there were no Christians on the ballot in my state and the alternative (Hillary) was far worse.

I love to remind people that in elections, we are not electing a pastor but a secular ruler! We should vote for the lesser of the evils on the ballots.

I am dismayed that Liberty is allowing Carter to speak there. 2 of my sons went there and it at least was an awesome School with very strong biblical values. I hope that this is not the downward move of Liberty. Many Godly men and women who have made an enormous difference in the world for christ have graduated from there.

nolidad
My question concerning the original post is Why?

Someone should ask the regents that needed question.

• Like 1