SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
KingJamesVersionOnly

My argument of Christianity to Jewish Faith

KingJamesVersionOnly

From a Christian standpoint:

- Muslims see Jesus as a Holy prophet

- Jewish faith or parts of Jewish faith recognize Jesus as a prophet

- In the eyes of Christianity, He is our Christ.

54% of world population supposedly belong to the religious groups above.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=world+religion+percentages&form=EDGTCT&qs=PF&cvid=b2c1cce72a5c440090b65fc12a7b3d5d&refig=9a2a39e13fb74049f9bbfee88e6b40c0&cc=US&setlang=en-US&PC=ASJS

Christian Scripture that would interest you:

- Acts 5:34-42 (KJV Bible): Is proof there is foundation in the Holy name of "Jesus Christ."

- Leviticus 23:14 (KJV Bible): All though this example is found in Christian scripture, Why am I not under wrath for eating bread or parched corn on days without offerings

to God? By Christian doctrine, Matthew 15:11 (KJV) was set the day Christ fulfilled the law (Matthew 5:17, KJV) by dying on the cross as an offering of Salvation to those who follow him.

What is Christian Salvation and how do you receive it?

- Ephesians 2:8-9 (KJV)

Notice "through faith;" because

God is so gracious and giving.

He provides everlasting life

- John 3:16 (KJV)

Everyone makes mistakes

- Romans 3:23 (KJV)

Yet, all you have to do is

believe in Christ as Savior;

- John 14:6 (KJV)

- John 3:17-18 (KJV)

Know Christ by knowing the books of the Gospel:

Matthew, Mark, Luke and John.

(Please read of the King James Version Bible)

Asking God to enter your life and heart:

I ask you; If committing to the faith of Christianity, to ask God: that he becomes a part of your life, and that he will accept your heart as a dwelling place for him.

Origen
From a Christian standpoint:

- Jewish faith or parts of Jewish faith recognize Jesus as a prophet

Name them?
  • Like 2

deade

No, the Jews deny Him altogether. If the Muslims consider Him a Holy Prophet, why do they disregard everything He said. He called Himself God: "Before Abraham was, I AM." My maternal Great-grandfather was Jewish by blood; but his daughter and I were raised fully Christian.

To my fellow Jews, I offer:

Isaiah 53:1-12: “Who hath believed our report? and to whom is the arm of the LORD revealed? For he shall grow up before him as a tender plant, and as a root out of a dry ground: he hath no form nor comeliness; and when we shall see him, there is no beauty that we should desire him. He is despised and rejected of men; a man of sorrows, and acquainted with grief: and we hid as it were our faces from him; he was despised, and we esteemed him not. Surely he hath borne our griefs, and carried our sorrows: yet we did esteem him stricken, smitten of God, and afflicted. But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed. All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all. He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth. He was taken from prison and from judgment: and who shall declare his generation? for he was cut off out of the land of the living: for the transgression of my people was he stricken. And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth. Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand. He shall see of the travail of his soul, and shall be satisfied: by his knowledge shall my righteous servant justify many; for he shall bear their iniquities. Therefore will I divide him a portion with the great, and he shall divide the spoil with the strong; because he hath poured out his soul unto death: and he was numbered with the transgressors; and he bare the sin of many, and made intercession for the transgressors.”

How can they not see Christ in this? 7062.gif.84426ac66438f14756da3f26ed2275b8.gif

• Like 1

Eric T.
Everyone makes mistakes

Actually, I think sin and mistakes are different. I think mistakes are things like getting the wrong answer in a math test or taking the wrong turn on the highway.

• Like 1

Sue D.
Everyone makes mistakes

Actually, I think sin and mistakes are different. I think mistakes are things like getting the wrong answer in a math test or taking the wrong turn on the highway.

Good point.

• Like 2

theophilus
If the Muslims consider Him a Holy Prophet, why do they disregard everything He said.

They believe the Bible has been corrupted and is no longer an accurate account of what he taught.

• Like 2

CDF47

Jewish people should read Isaiah 53, Daniel 9:25-27, and then Acts 4:12.

• Like 2

Luvoneanother

I love the Jewish people, but from what I have learned through my studies and prayers to understand them is that God sees those who deny His Son Jesus Christ and claim the title of "Jew" as robbers and thieves. I don't mean to offend by my interpretation of the word of God, only to enlighten as to what I've been shown through the scriptures.

While keeping in mind the types and shadows of the Old Testament, the Jews were God's chosen people because they prayed to the one true God. In the New Testament, many of the same Jews denied Christ when He appeared as God promised them in the Old Testament under the Mosaic law. God told them then, to deny My Son you also deny Me/God. Now keeping in mind what God told the Jews that denied His Son, here's what the Apostle Paul said:

Romans 2:29 King James Version (KJV)

"29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Paul is referring to *true Jews* those who accepted Christ via the Holy Spirit, now being under the New Law of Faith/Jesus Christ and not under the Old Mosaic Law, which Paul refers to as "the letter" whose praise was of men and not God. Now being written upon their hearts by the Holy Spirit instead of the written letter of the Mosaic Law. Which by the way, Moses himself, after writing his law (Mosaic Law) had the Levites place the Mosaic Law in the side of the Ark as a witness against the Jews who failed to keep that law perfectly and to the letter. Deuteronomy 31: 24 "24And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,25That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 26Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. 27For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? 28Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. 29For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands."

Moses law was placed in the side of the Ark for a reason, to prove that it was only a temporal law and only Jesus Christ the savior is able to keep the Law of God perfectly and to the letter where the OT Jews failed. Now under the New Law of Faith/Jesus Christ the savior freeing mankind and the OT Jews from the curse of the Old Mosaic law, if they still rebelled and denied The Promise, which was always Jesus, God would also deny them. The Ten Commandments were place in the very dead center of the Ark, to show that the Law of God was at the very center of the will of God. This law could only be fulfilled by His Son Jesus Christ.

Further study leads to the Book of Revelation where God says this about those claiming the title of "Jew", which was always meant for God's truly chosen Jews, which are those who accepted the Son Jesus Christ and the Promise when He appeared in the NT.

Revelation 3:8 "8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

God's chosen were always those Jews who believed in the Promise/Jesus Christ and when He appeared, recognized Him as the Son of God. Christians are the "true Jews" and God does express His anger with those claiming to be His chosen, when indeed, they are quite the opposite who deny His Son as God states in Revelation 3: 8-13. God does not recognize or honor those claiming bloodline to the OT Jews. God said, no flesh and blood shall enter heaven. Only those filled with the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's not our place to persecute unbelievers, but rather draw them into the truth and love of God by revealing the truth to them. This is how we witness through the love of Christ, to bring them into the body of Christs love for them. May God bless the Messianic Jews because God is using them to bring the Orthodox Jews into the fold of Christ. They are great witnesses to other Jews that have not found Christ yet. Again, this is why God has scattered His treasure throughout different denominations, all with a specific purpose and gift to draw others into the love of Christ.

Edited by Luvoneanother
  • Like 2

deade

Before we get too hard on the Jews, let's remember they were purposely blinded:

Romans 11:7-10: "What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day. And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them: Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway."

We are also warned that Israel's blindness is not permanent:

Romans 11:25: "For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in." Keep reading in Romans to get the whole plan.

4869.gif.572f03f729d75f58e9e8d89c55773a00.gif

• Like 1

CDF47
I love the Jewish people, but from what I have learned through my studies and prayers to understand them is that God sees those who deny His Son Jesus Christ and claim the title of "Jew" as robbers and thieves. I don't mean to offend by my interpretation of the word of God, only to enlighten as to what I've been shown through the scriptures.

While keeping in mind the types and shadows of the Old Testament, the Jews were God's chosen people because they prayed to the one true God. In the New Testament, many of the same Jews denied Christ when He appeared as God promised them in the Old Testament under the Mosaic law. God told them then, to deny My Son you also deny Me/God. Now keeping in mind what God told the Jews that denied His Son, here's what the Apostle Paul said:

Romans 2:29 King James Version (KJV)

"29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God."

Paul is referring to *true Jews* those who accepted Christ via the Holy Spirit, now being under the New Law of Faith/Jesus Christ and not under the Old Mosaic Law, which Paul refers to as "the letter" whose praise was of men and not God. Now being written upon their hearts by the Holy Spirit instead of the written letter of the Mosaic Law. Which by the way, Moses himself, after writing his law (Mosaic Law) had the Levites place the Mosaic Law in the side of the Ark as a witness against the Jews who failed to keep that law perfectly and to the letter. Deuteronomy 31: 24 "24And it came to pass, when Moses had made an end of writing the words of this law in a book, until they were finished,25That Moses commanded the Levites, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, saying, 26Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee. 27For I know thy rebellion, and thy stiff neck: behold, while I am yet alive with you this day, ye have been rebellious against the LORD; and how much more after my death? 28Gather unto me all the elders of your tribes, and your officers, that I may speak these words in their ears, and call heaven and earth to record against them. 29For I know that after my death ye will utterly corrupt yourselves, and turn aside from the way which I have commanded you; and evil will befall you in the latter days; because ye will do evil in the sight of the LORD, to provoke him to anger through the work of your hands."

Moses law was placed in the side of the Ark for a reason, to prove that it was only a temporal law and only Jesus Christ the savior is able to keep the Law of God perfectly and to the letter where the OT Jews failed. Now under the New Law of Faith/Jesus Christ the savior freeing mankind and the OT Jews from the curse of the Old Mosaic law, if they still rebelled and denied The Promise, which was always Jesus, God would also deny them. The Ten Commandments were place in the very dead center of the Ark, to show that the Law of God was at the very center of the will of God. This law could only be fulfilled by His Son Jesus Christ.

Further study leads to the Book of Revelation where God says this about those claiming the title of "Jew", which was always meant for God's truly chosen Jews, which are those who accepted the Son Jesus Christ and the Promise when He appeared in the NT.

Revelation 3:8 "8I know thy works: behold, I have set before thee an open door, and no man can shut it: for thou hast a little strength, and hast kept my word, and hast not denied my name. 9Behold, I will make them of the synagogue of Satan, which say they are Jews, and are not, but do lie; behold, I will make them to come and worship before thy feet, and to know that I have loved thee. 10Because thou hast kept the word of my patience, I also will keep thee from the hour of temptation, which shall come upon all the world, to try them that dwell upon the earth. 11Behold, I come quickly: hold that fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown. 12Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. 13He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches."

God's chosen were always those Jews who believed in the Promise/Jesus Christ and when He appeared, recognized Him as the Son of God. Christians are the "true Jews" and God does express His anger with those claiming to be His chosen, when indeed, they are quite the opposite who deny His Son as God states in Revelation 3: 8-13. God does not recognize or honor those claiming bloodline to the OT Jews. God said, no flesh and blood shall enter heaven. Only those filled with the Spirit of the Lord Jesus Christ.

It's not our place to persecute unbelievers, but rather draw them into the truth and love of God by revealing the truth to them. This is how we witness through the love of Christ, to bring them into the body of Christs love for them. May God bless the Messianic Jews because God is using them to bring the Orthodox Jews into the fold of Christ. They are great witnesses to other Jews that have not found Christ yet. Again, this is why God has scattered His treasure throughout different denominations, all with a specific purpose and gift to draw others into the love of Christ.

Great post. I agree, I think the Messianic Jews today play a very important role and are excellent witnesses.

• Like 2