SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
jimd

Please help me believe

jimd

I have spent many years not knowing what to believe. My wife's family are Christians but they are also hypocrites. They are very smart when it comes to the bible but yet their actions say how mean and judgmental they are. I have spent so many years not knowing what to believe, one moment i will think I believe in God and the other i think when i die their is nothing else. My brother and his daughter are athiest and say they believe in science not in god.....I have had rough life after being hit by a car when i was 3 and I was in a coma for 10 days and had brain damage which I did overcome but my life has been a struggle as a result, but i constantly try to believ ein god but i find it so hard and everyone says to get in the word so i did and i thought as they say my life would get better and things would happen for the better if I did that but nothing changed and then there are people that said pray about it so i did that over and over again asking god to build my belief help me believe and understanding while reading the bible everyday but after doing it for such a time period and as i still struggled and i want to believe....I have diabetes and i wont live a long life and im so scared of death and if i believe in god it would make it easier but i just dont know what i believe.....im hoping one of you can tell me something that would help me believe in God without a doubt.....so can you help me believe? Please.....my wifes family being so judgmental but they slam god down your throat and it makes it even harder for me to believe in god because of it.....before i married my wife i married her after a short time only to please her family after i would get hateful emails from them about how im facing the wrath of god and i was not ready to get married but to make things easier i just proposed, thought they would backoff and stop judging us but that has never ended, so can you please help me believe

• Like 1

Innerfire89

Welcome to Christforums.

​​​​​​No one can help you believe except God himself. Although God can use us to help you build and defend your faith.

It's common for athest to say they believe in science and not God, but the truth is they don't believe in science either, it's scientifically impossible for life to come from nothing.

I can't say much about your inlaws because I don't know enough about them.

But this is the most important thing. You need to recognize that you are a sinner in need of The Saviour, Jesus Christ. If you believe that he is the Son of God, that he came and walked on the earth, was crucified in your place for your sins, and three days later raised from the dead, then you have nothing left but to turn from your old life of sin and live for Christ.

• Like 4

revelation13

Thanks for sharing with us. I know from experience how easy it is to judge Christianity based on the people who claim to follow Christ, but they will always let you down. It's only through reading the Bible that one can know who Christ is and what it means to follow Him. I always recommend reading the book of John in the New Testament since it expresses well who Christ is, what His mission is, and why anyone would want to follow Him. It's also important to pray for the Holy Spirit to guide you into all truth. It seems like you have a genuine interest to know the truth, so I am confident that God will guide you. I pray that you will not look to any human to see what it means to follow Christ's example, but rather look to Christ Himself for the love and acceptance that you desire. He will never fail you. God bless!

• Like 4

deade

Welcome to Christforums jimd, if the Holy Spirit is really drawing you, you have just started looking for your Savior. It is a process that draws you, and if it is God's doing, nothing will stop it. Do not give up. God has more for you.

• Like 2

Matto

Read Psam 27 in a quiet place each day, and realise Jesus is with you. Talk to Jesus as a real person, ask Him to reveal Himself and grant you the graces necessary for the inner life with Him.

• Like 3

Sue D.

Romans 10:9-10 "that is you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation."

1 Corinthians 15: 1-4 or so. "I declare to you the gospel....by which also you are saved......that Christ died for our sins according to the Scriptures, and that He was buried, and that He rose again the third day according to the Scriptures."

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23 "For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord."

5:8 "But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us."

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son that who so ever believeth in Him will not perish but have everlasting life."

• Like 4

theophilus

Welcome to the forum. If you want to learn about God you came to the right place.

• Like 3