SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Small Ohio Town Grapples with Construction of Medical Marijuana Dispensary

Support

Huron, Ohio is“A Great Lake Place,” a small town with a handful of stop-lights, situated on the picturesque shores of Lake Erie. But a recent development in its real estate has some residents concerned about the future of the city’s family-friendly atmosphere.

More...

Just Mike

Unless the Attorney General Jeff Sessions moves fast in attacking the growers and those who dispense tis mind altering drug, it will become Nation wide soon.

Even among self confessed Christians there is confusion about being medically acceptable.

I have personally been in such terrible pain that I screamed out for relief. I can fully appreciate how desperate a person can be for some pain relief no matter how little it could be. But I doubt I would ever consent to this unproven pain killer. But a person desperate enough will try anything.

Opioids are a serious problem, and right now many people are addicted by no fault of their own. Sold on the open market by drug dealers many have died by being self over dosed. When Opioids are used for recreational high experiences, what is to help kill pain winds up killing people.

What do you think is the answer?

• Like 2

Innerfire89

Pot works as a pain killer but it makes people too high, higher than they can realize most of the time and it's effects last longer than most people notice. They may not feel under the influence but their mind is still processing there surroundings slower than normal.

It also works for glcoma in high doses, but there's better treatments for glcoma that dont make you hallucenate and forget most of what you're doing.

​​​​​​​There's a sorts of silly myths that smoking pot helps with lung cancer, that makes no sense.

• Like 2

Sue D.

One of My concerns about pot smoking is that it causes the person to Not really care. And, yes, making people Too high. When a person drives while under the influence of it -- it won't register that there's a car too close or there's a pedestrian in their way. No sense of personal responsibility for their actions.

And, yes, there Are better treatments available -- but there's the novelty of having a prescript for it. It can be used Legally, then.

• Like 3

Just Mike

Smoking anything is bad for the lungs. Its also bad for your DNA and a persons brain.

• Like 3

just_me

Well, when I was young and stupid, I did just about every drug that I could get ahold on, except for the real hard stuff and I can tell you from experience that smoking dope simply stopped me from growing beyond the age, maturally that I was when I started smoking it. It also did wonders with depleting my pocketbook

Those were the days that were the mst forgetable, because I was useless as an individual during those times.

• Like 1

Innerfire89

Another serious problem is that people will smoke the stuff around their kids, even if the kids aren't in the same room they're still getting it in their bodies. Then the kids behavior problems are blamed on ADD/ADHD.

• Like 1

Innerfire89
Well, when I was young and stupid, I did just about every drug that I could get ahold on, except for the real hard stuff and I can tell you from experience that smoking dope simply stopped me from growing beyond the age, maturally that I was when I started smoking it. It also did wonders with depleting my pocketbook

Those were the days that were the mst forgetable, because I was useless as an individual during those times.

I did the same, and it did stunt my growth a little. I was 14 the first time I smoked. It wasn't long after that I started playing around with pills, magic mushrooms, and whatever else I could get my hands on. Its a miracle I'm not dead or burnt out.

• Like 1

just_me

@Innerfire89

It was God. I overdosed on what I found out later was Angel Dust, which If I'm not mistaken can from embalming fluid, God used my brother to keep me breathing or I would not be here today. What makes me want to slap myself is that I didn't attribute the continuation of my life to anything and meerly laughed it off I thought it was a badge of honor and ket on using everything I could in a hopeless attempt to fit in where I didn't belong. I was destined to be a Christian and God knew that. He was just waiting for me to get a clue.

Thinking about all this just tells me how much of my life has been wasted on hedonistic desires and how little I have left to further the cause of Christianity and the work that our Lord has set in front of me.

I know there was a reason that I went through that and it was by my minds eye today to mold me into something that he could use.

BTW. Those shrooms are the nastiest tasting thing, I think I've ever put in my mouth. They even beat my 12 year old Chocolate labs tungue, when he attacks my face with a barrage of licks and hits pay dirt when I smile too big and his aim is just right. lol:RpS_scared:

• Like 2

just_me
Another serious problem is that people will smoke the stuff around their kids, even if the kids aren't in the same room they're still getting it in their bodies. Then the kids behavior problems are blamed on ADD/ADHD.

People who smoke anything around kids are probably kids, themselves, maturely anyway. They think they are the cool paernts and most likely try to be their kids friend instead of their parent. It's surprising just how many of these people become shocked or angered because their kids don't honor and respect them after they raised that kids a a buddy, instead of their child.

• Like 2

Sue D.

If I could ask -- where were your parents? Sometimes parents are part Of the problem and sometimes they are very Good parents and simply can't do anything with the teenager. And, what prompted the start of the drug usage for you? I was in a very calm area to grow up in. Was it the community you grew up In? Were you surrounded by it and got caught up in it? I know -- Lots of questions. This is a learning time for Me.

Innerfire89

Most of my family on both parents sides had drug and alcohol problems. My cleaned up before my father did and was the responsible parent for the most part, but my father is more of an old hippy and very laid back about most everything. The first time I drank alcohol was with my dad at the age of 13, it have me a feeling of stress relief and fun. Not long after that I found someone in school to buy pot from, which was very easy. Drugs and alcohol seemed fun and helped with normal teenage stress and anixity, until the high wore off, and eventually I would build a tolerance and need more to get high. There was a lot of bad influence for me, at home, in dirty rap music and old rock n roll, and in school. None of that excusing my of course.

I grew up half of life in a dirty, run down trailer park in florida and the other half in rual Mississippi were I started using drugs, sin is everywhere.

I'm not trying to give my parents a bad name in this. My dad cleaned up for awhile after becoming homeless and taking two heart attack, but when I talked to him on the phone about a month ago he says" I'm sober, but I still smoke a joint to take the edge off. And that's noboies business".

He's been going to AA religiously for years now, all AA is, is a pity party where people tell there story over and over again and hook up with other people. I pray one day he will finally grow up.

Innerfire89

People who smoke anything around kids are probably kids, themselves, maturely anyway. They think they are the cool paernts and most likely try to be their kids friend instead of their parent. It's surprising just how many of these people become shocked or angered because their kids don't honor and respect them after they raised that kids a a buddy, instead of their child.

That too, but I mean small children. Quite a few times I've seen people smoke with their kid sitting on thier lap.

• Like 1

theophilus

I don't see anything wrong with using marijuana for medical purposes. Other drugs that are normally illegal can be used this way. It only becomes a problem when it can be obtained without a doctor's prescription and used for recreational purposes.

just_me

@Sue D. I was going to tell you about my upbringing, but I don't think that would be consistent with honoring my Father and Mother. I am rather hard on myself about this and really have to pinch myself at times to keep me from tossing blame their way. For a long time I was an irresponsible little twerp and I blamed everyone except me for what I had made of myself. I have in the past blamed them for me not being who I was but what I thought everyone else wanted me to be. I know, now that that was me, trying to be something I wasn't and in my desperate attempts to be false, I pushed those people away who might have been sent by God to help me be who he knew I was. I know know that the Lord has always had my back, even when I didn't know it. My parents were dealing with their own lives and what they learned from their youth. Good, bad or ugly, It was what it was and I lived through my life from it's beginning to now.

My parents feed and watered me. They kept me in clothing and did the best that they could. The one Vital thing that happened in that headlong dash into puberty is that I learned about the concept of God and Christ. I learned about a book called The Bible and In the dying light of a life that I was about to end, I found new hope in this person called God, when I truly reached out to him, after so many times I'd reached out to him without conviction, because I simply wanted to be saved from a situation, instead of the life I thought I controlled.

• Like 1

Sue D.

WoW -- thank you for sharing -- a rough up-bringing. It was all around you. It was inevitable that you got into all of that. Drugs and alcohol Would take the edge off which is why they can be very hard To overcome. And they Do alter the brain/ inner body to the degree / amount being used / consumed.

Sue D.

How many adults started smoking as teens or younger to Prove themselves to their friends. And , as adults, tried 'how many times' to quit and found it nearly impossible to do so in an effort to show they could be Responsible adults for the sake Of their kids. And some Do continue To smoke with their kids on their lap. Because their bodies are so hooked on the nicotene. Very sad. For some people it's the habit of having something between their fingers or in their mouths. And it suppresses their appetites. They gain weight when they Do try to stop. Some of it depends on why and person Started smoking in the first place as to how stopping will affect them.

Sue D.
I don't see anything wrong with using marijuana for medical purposes. Other drugs that are normally illegal can be used this way. It only becomes a problem when it can be obtained without a doctor's prescription and used for recreational purposes.

And there are always those who find a way to get an illegal presc. and either sell it / use it for recreational purposes. No easy answers. Always the potential for abusing even the Good things. Much less the marijuana.

Sue D.
@Sue D. I was going to tell you about my upbringing, but I don't think that would be consistent with honoring my Father and Mother. I am rather hard on myself about this and really have to pinch myself at times to keep me from tossing blame their way. For a long time I was an irresponsible little twerp and I blamed everyone except me for what I had made of myself. I have in the past blamed them for me not being who I was but what I thought everyone else wanted me to be. I know, now that that was me, trying to be something I wasn't and in my desperate attempts to be false, I pushed those people away who might have been sent by God to help me be who he knew I was. I know know that the Lord has always had my back, even when I didn't know it. My parents were dealing with their own lives and what they learned from their youth. Good, bad or ugly, It was what it was and I lived through my life from it's beginning to now.

My parents feed and watered me. They kept me in clothing and did the best that they could. The one Vital thing that happened in that headlong dash into puberty is that I learned about the concept of God and Christ. I learned about a book called The Bible and In the dying light of a life that I was about to end, I found new hope in this person called God, when I truly reached out to him, after so many times I'd reached out to him without conviction, because I simply wanted to be saved from a situation, instead of the life I thought I controlled.

Young people Do have a tendency to do that -- blaming everyone else Except taking personal responsibility for our decisions. People are All looking for 'love' -- something to fill that 'void' in our lives. The reality is that only God can really fill it -- but we'd rather try to 'do it ourselves'. We seem to think that God needs Our help. Maybe it's just because God is not visible. We're looking for someone Visible and Then we Still want our own independent way.