SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Jeanne D'Arc

On Suffering and the obstacles it's putting in my path

Jeanne D'Arc

This is a completely frank post. Please bear in mind that while some of what I share might be alien to the experience of other people on the forum,but right now I am so cut off from everything - except God, who is waiting for me, but I am not coming to Him as I should and could. There seem to be so many things in my way.

Recently I began a topic titled "The Doctrine of Hell and My Faith". By the way, I started that post under a different username ("Agnes A") - due to a glitch I had to change it. The Hell question was really pressing on me a few weeks ago because finally I know - I KNOW - that if I want to live (I don't mean eternal life - I mean just live right now) I must make Jesus the centre of my life. There is no other answer. But the "flesh is weak" even if my spirit is willing.

Firstly, the doctrine of eternal damnation has, indeed, stood in my way and even caused me to have nervous breakdowns. Now it's not worrying me so much. In large part this is because of some of the very intelligent and erudite posts from people on that particular issue. We shouldn't presume to know the limits of God's mercy. But another reason why it's not worrying me so much anymore is because I now feel that in large part I've used this "fear of hell" question as a sort of excuse. The idea of Hell as a place of eternal torment for any human being MUST, of course, stand in the way of loving God for many people. Setting aside one's own fear of hell, there's all sorts of questions: how can anyone stand the idea of ANYONE ELSE, any other human being, being shut off from God forever? Some people seem able to cope with it: I just can't and if I pretend I can accept this idea then I'm bound to proceed in bad faith. Jesus knows why I hate the idea. I trust in him to understand that. I trust Him to want me back. It seems to me that the ways a person find Christ MUST be very individual. The only thing required is to love and accept God - but not as some abstract force. One has to accept God's will. It seems to me that the hard thing is accepting God's WILL. Everything else will follow, if only I can do that. But so much stands in the way, sometimes, doesn't it?

For example, when I was a child - in fact, up until the age of about 35 - I was immensely ambitious. I was egoistical in many ways, although I thought of myself as a "nice person". I love, and still love, learning and scholarship. I have a doctorate in Literature. Actually, right now, that's about all I have left in the way of any claim to worldly success. I'm a pauper. I've even begged on the streets - you know,with a sign and a hat! I do have a home, at least, and that's something.

The last ten years - I am now about to turn 45 - just seem to have been utterly disastrous. My little daughter was taken out of care for years: I had problems but nothing that warranted such brutal treatment and hatred from her father, or such stupid Family Court decisions. The problems I've had have been emotional - so much anxiety. I have been on the run from fear forever, it seems. I am dependent on multiple prescription drugs. I drink sometimes - thank God, not as much as in the past - but it's still dogging me. Over the last two years I've been unable to do anything constructive at all. A lot of the time I just want to lie in bed and read, read, read. I haven't had real employment for nearly ten years - just casual teaching jobs. My daughter, now nearly 15, despises me for being impoverished. It's not her being nasty. She can't help it. Her father has raised her to think of me as incompetent, although I know I wasn't incompetent. I surprised everyone, including myself, by not sucuumbing to post-natal depression or anxiety. I looked after her almost entirely on my own during her really formative years - from birth to the age of six. They were the happiest years of my life. She now attends an "elite" high school for gifted teens, and while I don't take all the credit - well, I must have done something just a little bit right when she was so young, surely?

When she was 6, she was taken from me. Her father instigated this very aggressive family court action, which drove me around the twist, as it was no doubt supposed to. If only I had kept my head! My very fear of losing her caused me to lose her. It destroyed my second relationship, I argued with my employers and lost my job, I was forced to move back in with my parents ... I fought with my parents ... sometimes I felt like they LOATHED me so much ...then there was police involvement ... over the course of about four months, I went from being employed, competent, independent, and generally unassailable as a parent ... to being told by child welfare caseworkers that I HAD to commit myself to a mental hospital or lose custody altogether.

I did what they said, and they took my baby off me anyway. It took almost two and a half years before I got my daughter back 50% of the time. It took as long as it did for many reasons .... too much to go into here, but I'm being completely honest when I say that my particular child custody battle was fraught with the most farcical mess-ups: bad lawyers, endless, endless lies told by her father, and I really tried my best to make everything right with the court. I quit drinking, I quit prescription medicine, I spent tens of thousands of dollars renting an apartment I couldn't afford. I took any job I could get. At one point I cleaned other people's toilets for a living (me, with my PhD! my published book! WHAT a humbling!)

It was just sheer persistence and my decision to represent myself that got me the 50% access in the end. But my mother didn't survive. Losing her only grandchild precipitated her into a catastrophic depression and she hanged herself in her own back garden five years ago. It wasn't planned. There was not a note. She was in the throes of a panic attack. My father, brother and myself were all on the premises when the body was found. She was only 64, not a thing wrong with her physically- she could've lived to be a 100, I am sure. It was and is indescribable. I am not getting over it. I never will. My mother and I were close, close, close. Almost too close. I am the spitting image of her physically. At her funeral, one mourner even said he thought I WAS her - standing next to her grave!

My father's been an alcoholic for years, but he's even worse since my mother died. My only brother is in a bad way. I'm in a bad way.

And so I rebel! It is so hard to accept all of this. Many of these things are my own fault - some are not - what is, and is not, my own fault is no longer distinguishable to me a lot of the time.

I'm underweight. I can't eat. I don't want to eat. I don't want to do anything, except trick my pain away, when I can, with pills, or drink .... I have no fear of death and while I would never kill myself, I do think about death a lot.

I've been "involved" with only one man over the last ten years: an unqualified disaster.

There's no daughter, no work, no sex, there's no joy, there's no money, none of that has ever worked anyway. There's nothing to look forward but sleep. Which seems like an abominable waste of life.

I don't even know why I'm posting this ...it is so long-winded. Please, please pray for me.

• Like 3

Matto

Jesus loves you and he wants you to realise it, He wants you to be still and rest in Him. Jesus does not want to see you anxious and afraid, He will help you in any situation, just surrender and trust Him. Say, Jesus I trust in you, say it constantly, say it until the joy and the calm comes.

The more you trust Him the more He will bless you and heal you.

If you have no confidence ask Jesus to be your confidence. You are a lamb caught in the barbed wire, and you need to bleat the name of Jesus for help. Jesus is the Good Sherherd and can never ignore the lamb that calls out to Him.

Know that Jesus is with you now, rest, trust, and don't worry, let Him untangle you.

• Like 3

revelation13

I will be praying for you. The only real encouragement I can give you is that Jesus is the only One that will never fail you. But you have to learn to trust in Him and believe that He cares for you. In my own experience, that trust and love for Jesus came only through reading His word often, allowing me to get to know Him better. I also had to develop a deep prayer life where I constantly cried out to Jesus to help me, and He always came through. Sometimes you have to spend an hour in prayer before He takes away the pain/anxiety/worry/etc. This is because He is teaching us all how to trust in Him completely. And that is why we face trials of many kinds. I will leave you with this quote: "The Savior cannot withdraw from the soul that clings to Him, pleading its great need". God bless you, and I pray that you will seek for satisfaction in Christ alone.

"Jesus answered and said unto her, Whosoever drinketh of this water shall thirst again: But whosoever drinketh of the water that I shall give him shall never thirst; but the water that I shall give him shall be in him a well of water springing up into everlasting life." John 4:13,14

• Like 2

theophilus

You appear to be in a situation that is impossible to get out of. Fortunately we serve a God who is quite capable to doing the impossible. I will pray that he will work in your life to solve all of your problems.

• Like 2

Jeanne D'Arc

Thank you, thank you, thank you for those kind replies. It is very tempting to think: it's all too hard, impossible: how can I ever live properly again? I don't think I can with making God the centre of my whole identity.

The thing it's still life after all, even if not the sort of life I ever imagined having in my younger years. So it's easy to put off having to give up everything I know - the things that are at least predictable - I do it all the time - it's always tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow. Even just getting older is depressing me now, which I never thought it would!

There's a lot of resentment in the way, of course. Sometimes I just wish I could forget everything and LET IT ALL

At least it wasn't someone else's car. Or someone else, per se.

Pray for me, I have taken your kind words up and you've helped me. I'm not perturbed that my situation is described as "impossible": it IS impossible! It's refreshing to have that acknowledged!

• Like 1

deade

Hi Jeanne D'Arc, you are in a state of depression. I also have been treated for depression since my health got really bad while serving God in the mission field. I just couldn't understand why God would allow that. I went through about four surgeries and eventually, retired. I do not know what God has planned for me but I will serve Him regardless of what I mist endure.

When the three Hebrews were about about to be thrown into the fiery furnace in Babylon, here is what they said: Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, answered and said to the king, O Nebuchadnezzar, we are not careful to answer thee in this matter. If it be so, our God whom we serve is able to deliver us from the burning fiery furnace, and he will deliver us out of thine hand, O king. But if not, be it known unto thee, O king, that we will not serve thy gods, nor worship the golden image which thou hast set up. (Daniel 3:16-18). They would rather burn than turn their backs on God. I know God could have prevented these calamities from befalling me, but He didn't. Once I got over my bitterness over that, I have come into a state of acceptance.

God led me to write two books that I am now getting published. Maybe some great is in my future yet. My experience has been: when God lets this much trouble into your life, He is preparing you for something great.

Here are few verses that might help:

John 16:33: "These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world."

James 1:2-4: My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing.

Yours in Christ,

Deade :RpS_thumbup:

Just Mike

Jeanne, You have a lot your dealing with. As I read your post there was very deep hurt and pain that you have been struggling with a long long time. The loss of your mother, especially as close as you were to each other is so sad, I am so sorry for you. Throughout your post I see pain and sorrow, and distrust in just about everything.

My intention is to show you sincere compassion, for everything you have been forced to endure; a failed marriage, your daughter being taken unfairly from you, and your mother leaving you alone. I don't know how you have been able to share all these things with us. I appreciate you confidence in sharing this with us here. You can be assured we are praying for you. To be honest its a little hard to know exactly what the biggest need you want us to pray for.

You have presented one need that is key to helping you with all the things you have shared with us. You started with your not coming to God as you should. This is the central KEY to most everything you have posted. God is the missing part in your life. Jesus Christ is the Way, the Truth, and the Life you are missing. It is in Jesus Christ that we have receive the endurance to face anything in this life on Earth. Without Jesus Christ in my life I could never have made it with all my serious health issues and the pain that came with them. God did not take them away but through Jesus Christ I had the power to see God was with me in a way I felt His presence. All my life Jesus Christ has been with me. The thing that has amazed me is I have had the JOY of Jesus Christ in my life. Joy is what people who do not have Jesus Christ are missing, and the ability to endure everything knowing Jesus will never giveme more than what I can endure/

Jeanne its with genuine compassion and kindness I think you need to ask Jesus Christ to save you. Confess your sins and acknowledge you need for Jesus Christ to Save you. This is the first step, then start reading John in the Bible, Find a Bible preaching church and tell the pastor what you have done. This will start your new Life In Jesus Christ. This does not mean your problems will instantly go away, but slowly you will be able to walk in the newness of Jesus Christ. Its all about a relationship with Jesus Christ that LOves YOU. You will walk as a new person. I will pray you will take this step in Faith in Jesus Christ. God bless.

• Like 1

Matto

"Some people seem able to cope with it: I just can't and if I pretend I can accept this idea then I'm bound to proceed in bad faith. Jesus knows why I hate the idea. I trust in him to understand that. I trust Him to want me back. It seems to me that the ways a person find Christ MUST be very individual. The only thing required is to love and accept God - but not as some abstract force. One has to accept God's will. It seems to me that the hard thing is accepting God's WILL."

Jesus does want you back Jeanne, He never stopped wanting you back. Jesus hates the idea of Hell more than anyone, He created us to be with Him forever. Jesus made an Eternal sacrfice so that no one would have go Hell, As High Priest He is before the Father for Eternity in reparation for us, the Cross is Eternal reparation, so that we can have life eternal.

Only in Meditation on Jesus suffering for us can we grasp how much He loves us, He would go through all that again just for you.

If there only one prayer you do, say " Jesus I trust in you ". Jesus name has great power, it brings light and guidance and sure help. Trust and confidence unlocks all His power, say it constantly no matter what happens.

Doing God's Will frees us and makes us truly happy, desire his Will, and if you don't have the desire, ask for the desire. I asked for the desire until I could not sleep, I was on fire with desire for God's Will.

I was shown just how dangerous and vicious our human wills are, how much needless suffering my own will caused me. I begged Jesus to take this nasty thing away from me, to free me from the tyranny of my broken human will.

Our wills cause us untold suffering, but that is not what God desires for us. Our safety our security is to be living in God's Will.

Every morning tell Jesus you hand over your human will and that your only desire is to live in His Holy Divine Will.

I remember being flat broke and had $40 in my bank account. I said I'll by a 6 pack and a large rump steak, and leave it to providence, I can't do anymore I am not going to worry, but only trust.

I woke up the next day and checked my bank account and it had $6000 in it, so I paid all my bills, just in case it was a huge mistake. But then I saw who had made the payment, it was a guy who owed me money from years before. I had given up on it and totally forgotten about it. I rang him and he said he just felt compelled to pay me the money he owed, despite himself.

Trust.

Matto

If Angels thought it was God's Will for them to shovel manure for eternity, they would do it with pure Joy and Complete happiness.

God's Will is Holy it is the fountain of Diety. When man did live in God's Will it was called Eden, when man operated in God's timing and in God's Grace.

We can be taken up there if we desire it, but so few truly desire it, even among believers.

The Holy Divine Will is not to be feared, far, far from it, it is your greatest Joy, it is what you were created for from all eternity, it is your whole purpose. It is to be greatly desired, Jesus is infinitely intelligent, Good, Holy and Loving, why not throw your nasty human will at Him, let Him take it. How has our nasty human will served us in the past accept cause us misery.

First I had to ask for docility, this is important, even before I asked for the desire for The Divine Will.

Then by constantly asking for detachment from it, slowly like an elastic it stretched and broke free. It was painful because I had used my human will all my life, but being free of it was an incredible relief.

People fast from food for spiritual results, try fasting from your human will, this is the biggest sacrifice you can make.

In this ugly world of " my will be done " , do you know what a soul looks like when it says " Thy Will be done ", it stands out from all the earth, and pierces heaven.

Ask for docility, ask for the desire, a burning desire, ask for God's Holy Will to live in you and reign in you every day. That is when your Soul will know true happiness.

Ransol

I must say something. This may sound a little (or a lot) gruff, but it needs to be said. But know this first, I too suffered much of what you shared. The problem, i learned later, wasn' my sin, it was my THINKING. My wrong THINKING did lead to sin, and also bad choices. And pride also does play a large roll, but pride only had a place because of the wrong THINKING.

pretty much all of what you listed are the "curses of the law" found in Deuteronomy chapter 28. If you are in Christ, you ARE redeemed from the curse of the law. So why are you still being cursed? You are allowing it. You speak in agreement with it. It is in NO WAY God's will for any of His children to suffer in any way. Any one who tells you different, is probably suffering in some way, too and they are just trying to justify themselves.

You are the Beloved child of The Most High God. You are Royalty. And you have a right to healing, abundance, joy, and peace. You are not claiming your right. Instead, you're speaking against it. Mark 11:23 tells us that we will have what we speak, if we believe it and do not doubt. WE WILL HAVE WHAT WE SAY.

Piece and Grace are multiplied by the knowledge of Christ as God. I believe, therefore I speak. So stop speaking in agreement with Satan and speak instead God's word, His promises. He said His Word would not return void. So speak His promises.

The law was given by a messenger Moses, but Grace and TRUTH CAME by Jesus Christ. Know the truth, and then the Truth will set you free. If you'e not free, the maybe it' because you DON'T know the truth. Romans 5:17 tells us that those of us who reign in life have RECEIVED the abundance of Grace. When we reign, sin doesn't, sickness doesn't, poverty doesn't, depression doesn't, and so on. Personally, I want everything Christ died to give me. You should too.

Praying for something God a aready promised is actually not believing Him. All His promises are YES. You really don' even have to ask Him, He already gave them on the cross. We just have to receive them. This is what it means to work out our own salvation (sozo in the Greek). Faith comes by hearing, and that is true even if what you're hearing is not true--You grow to believe it if you're constantly hearing it. So start speaking His Word over your life, His Blessings, and His love and favor (Grace and TRUTH: Christ), and stop speaking the curses. Speak it over and over until you believe it. Faith comes by hearing, even if it' your own voice you're hearing.

You are the righteousness that God requires, in Christ. It' not because you keep the law perfectly, but because Christ did. And we are IN CHRIST by faith, and as He is, so are we while in this world (1 John 4:17) .

First clean the inside of the dish (the way you think and believe) and the outside will be clean also.

You like reading, start where I did: DESTINED TO REIGN by Joseph Prince. That will make you hungry for more, Grace, more TRUTH, more Christ.

and never forget John 17:23 God loves you the same as He loves Christ. God Bless and keep you. Amen.

Just Mike
I must say something. This may sound a little (or a lot) gruff, but it needs to be said. But know this first, I too suffered much of what you shared. The problem, i learned later, wasn' my sin, it was my THINKING. My wrong THINKING did lead to sin, and also bad choices. And pride also does play a large roll, but pride only had a place because of the wrong THINKING.

pretty much all of what you listed are the "curses of the law" found in Deuteronomy chapter 28. If you are in Christ, you ARE redeemed from the curse of the law. So why are you still being cursed? You are allowing it. You speak in agreement with it. It is in NO WAY God's will for any of His children to suffer in any way. Any one who tells you different, is probably suffering in some way, too and they are just trying to justify themselves.

You are the Beloved child of The Most High God. You are Royalty. And you have a right to healing, abundance, joy, and peace. You are not claiming your right. Instead, you're speaking against it. Mark 11:23 tells us that we will have what we speak, if we believe it and do not doubt. WE WILL HAVE WHAT WE SAY.

Piece and Grace are multiplied by the knowledge of Christ as God. I believe, therefore I speak. So stop speaking in agreement with Satan and speak instead God's word, His promises. He said His Word would not return void. So speak His promises.

The law was given by a messenger Moses, but Grace and TRUTH CAME by Jesus Christ. Know the truth, and then the Truth will set you free. If you'e not free, the maybe it' because you DON'T know the truth. Romans 5:17 tells us that those of us who reign in life have RECEIVED the abundance of Grace. When we reign, sin doesn't, sickness doesn't, poverty doesn't, depression doesn't, and so on. Personally, I want everything Christ died to give me. You should too.

Praying for something God a aready promised is actually not believing Him. All His promises are YES. You really don' even have to ask Him, He already gave them on the cross. We just have to receive them. This is what it means to work out our own salvation (sozo in the Greek). Faith comes by hearing, and that is true even if what you're hearing is not true--You grow to believe it if you're constantly hearing it. So start speaking His Word over your life, His Blessings, and His love and favor (Grace and TRUTH: Christ), and stop speaking the curses. Speak it over and over until you believe it. Faith comes by hearing, even if it' your own voice you're hearing.

You are the righteousness that God requires, in Christ. It' not because you keep the law perfectly, but because Christ did. And we are IN CHRIST by faith, and as He is, so are we while in this world (1 John 4:17) .

First clean the inside of the dish (the way you think and believe) and the outside will be clean also.

You like reading, start where I did: DESTINED TO REIGN by Joseph Prince. That will make you hungry for more, Grace, more TRUTH, more Christ.

and never forget John 17:23 God loves you the same as He loves Christ. God Bless and keep you. Amen.

Ransol I don't want to offend you but Joseph Prince is a false teacher, he is a Word of Faith teacher / Preacher. To put in simpler therms; rat poison contains 99% real food, so it is with Joseph Prince. I would say truth is truth no matter who proclaims it. He has some pretty off things in what he says, so a person has to be a very solid Christian to see his false teachings.

I do not recommend Joseph Prince to anyone! I think you should burn his book so no one else will read it. I am not trying to offend you, but he is a false teacher.

• Like 2

William
Staff
I do not recommend Joseph Prince to anyone!

Neither do I.

Turn TBN and CBN off.

God bless,

William

• Like 2

Just Mike

. If a person was thinking those false teachers were preaching the Gospel, and began to follow their Word of Faith, they would shipwreck what ever faith they had.

As a side note one of the most wealthy WOF teachers, Pat Robertson had a stroke last weekend. Is that supposed to happen to him?

Just Mike

Ransol I don't want to offend you but Joseph Prince is a false teacher, he is a Word of Faith teacher / Preacher. To put in simpler therms; rat poison contains 99% real food, so it is with Joseph Prince. I would say truth is truth no matter who proclaims it. He has some pretty off things in what he says, so a person has to be a very solid Christian to see his false teachings.

I do not recommend Joseph Prince to anyone! I think you should burn his book so no one else will read it. I am not trying to offend you, but he is a false teacher.

William I am praying for you and your dad. Is he a Christian?

Ransol
. If a person was thinking those false teachers were preaching the Gospel, and began to follow their Word of Faith, they would shipwreck what ever faith they had.

As a side note one of the most wealthy WOF teachers, Pat Robertson had a stroke last weekend. Is that supposed to happen to him?

Really? Of all the Scriptures I listed, that you obviously don't believe, you didn't attack those, you condemn a righteous man??? Proverbs 17:15.

Sorry, but you haven't a clue what you're talking about. How many of those curses of the law, listed in Deuteronomy 28, do you experience on a regular bases?

What does Pat Robinson have to do with word of faith being true or not? Further shows you don't understand it. Maybe you should hear the matter before you pass judgment.

I'm not trying to start a fight or anything, but man it really ticks me off when Christians are telling other Christians that God really isn't THAT good, so you have to pay more attention to your flesh (stop sinning, start reading the bible for an hour a day, pray for 1/2 hour a day, fast, then God will bless you. No God will bless you because He promised Abraham He would.

And BTW, Joseph Prince is a Grace teacher, who believes in Faith. Grace upon Grace. Grace is enough. Grace IS THE GOSPEL (Galatians 1:6) . Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. He is Grace and truth. I could never get enough of Christ. I love showing Christians who Christ really is.

Do you understand there are 2 covenants? The new one that we are under is All about GRACE and TRUTH. Maybe you should start out listening to

Joseph Prince.

Do you understand RIGHTEOUSNESS (Hebrews 5:13)?

Just Mike

Ransol, I would NEVER say anything to harm you. However I do have a duty to alert you and others of a False teacher. Remember I said rat poison is 99% pure good food, not a single thing wrong with that food, but that 1% is deadly! Joseph Prince is not bad on most of his stuff. But when a teacher / preacher says something that is wrong that brings alarm bells ringing!

Word of Faith people stick close together, and that's why I mentioned Robertson.

I truly would rather just let you just post about Joseph prince's book and let it just go on by. But others just might pick up that 99% poison book, and in all honest I have a duty to warn them. My biggest concern is that Prince has so stealthy put his 1% poison in that book that you did not notice it. Please note I did not say he did not have good things to say, its how he puts wrong things in that were not noticed.

Reading Scripture more will alert you to his tactics. Word of Faith always live a lifestyle of wealth and great comfort. Be alert Ransol, I wish only Gods best for you, please pray before answering me in an angry post. I do care or I would not spent my time reaching out to you.

Ransol
Ransol, I would NEVER say anything to harm you. However I do have a duty to alert you and others of a False teacher. Remember I said rat poison is 99% pure good food, not a single thing wrong with that food, but that 1% is deadly! Joseph Prince is not bad on most of his stuff. But when a teacher / preacher says something that is wrong that brings alarm bells ringing!

Word of Faith people stick close together, and that's why I mentioned Robertson.

I truly would rather just let you just post about Joseph prince's book and let it just go on by. But others just might pick up that 99% poison book, and in all honest I have a duty to warn them. My biggest concern is that Prince has so stealthy put his 1% poison in that book that you did not notice it. Please note I did not say he did not have good things to say, its how he puts wrong things in that were not noticed.

Reading Scripture more will alert you to his tactics. Word of Faith always live a lifestyle of wealth and great comfort. Be alert Ransol, I wish only Gods best for you, please pray before answering me in an angry post. I do care or I would not spent my time reaching out to you.

I have learned over the past 10 years of Grace, to chew the meat and spit out the bones, so to speak. No one has perfect revelation. I know that. Lots of great pastors out there say a lot of great things, and they also say a lot of wrong things.

I am saddened when preacher's water down the Gospel by mixing it with the law (the 10 commandments) as if we are still in that covenant. So many do that, but not JP.

The reason I value JP is because he teaches Christ and who we are IN HIM. Most other pastors teach us to mind the flesh, what the flesh is doing or not doing. JP teaches us what Christ has done on our behalf.

I have learned to look to Him for everything, and He has never let me down. Where I am weak, He is strong. So, I'm weak in everything, when before I tried to be strong in everything.

I am really curious as to what that "1%" of poison is, though. What is it that you don't agree with?

Just Mike

May I suggest you watch John MacArthur within his last two weeks, he preached on who we are in Christ. Jesus lives in us. Charles Stanley is also very good, Adrian Rodgers, is too.

Joseph Prince was asked to leave NRB TV because of his WOF doctrine and because of his teachings. NRB is not a WOF station. He is now on stations that are in line with WOF doctrine. I have not read his book you suggested, nor would I. I hope you take not only my word for it but also Williams. You don't know me from Adam, but being accountable before the LORD I stand before you telling the absolute truth.

I wont bring this up again, I tell you this in brotherly Christian Love, and at this I will rest.

Ransol
May I suggest you watch John MacArthur within his last two weeks, he preached on who we are in Christ. Jesus lives in us. Charles Stanley is also very good, Adrian Rodgers, is too.

Joseph Prince was asked to leave NRB TV because of his WOF doctrine and because of his teachings. NRB is not a WOF station. He is now on stations that are in line with WOF doctrine. I have not read his book you suggested, nor would I. I hope you take not only my word for it but also Williams. You don't know me from Adam, but being accountable before the LORD I stand before you telling the absolute truth.

I wont bring this up again, I tell you this in brotherly Christian Love, and at this I will rest.

I have seen MacArthur, He doesn't seem to understand the difference of the two covenants. He mixes them like mixing new wine into old wineskins. Not a good idea. Charles Stably is great, He teaches a lot of Truth, but not the whole truth.

I know many Christians don't like JP, and that's fine, but to come out and accuse him of being a false teacher, they should at least be able to back it up.

A false teacher we will know by their fruits, which according to Jesus, is the evil that comes out of their mouths: the veil things they say of others. I have never heard JP say anything evil against someone, like MacAthur has about other professing Christians.

Most people think you will know a false teacher by what they teach, but that is not what Christ told us. They believe that because that is what the teachers they've come to trust have taught them, as they (the teacher) accuse the brethren, thinking they are serving God in doing so. But Satan is known as the accuser of the brethren.

I wish they'd be more careful about calling evil good. And good evil. At the very least, they should be bold enough in Christ to point to the wrong teaching and give the man a chance to explain himself.

I'm not really sure what you mean by word of faith, nor why it's bad, but Faith is the fight we are to keep fighting.

I'd really love to discuss this more with you, but I understand. When I first started hearing this kind of stuff, it bothered me, too. Not because it didn't set well with my spirit, but because I had been a Devoted Christian for 20 years, and never heard anything like it before. How could I be wrong? I believed like everyone else I knew. JP showed me that I didn't take the Word for what it says, I took it in a way that it agreed with my understanding (my doctrine). Once I realized I was doing that, I started rereading and gaining new understanding, that few believers I know will understand. They don't know who they are IN CHRIST. They don't realize they are set apart. They think they have to act different than the world, not even realizing they ARE different. Knowing that will cause them to act different. But they don't know, so they a re content just acting. Not me, I want the truth, and if my believing is flawed, show me in scripture. But don't condemn me and call me names, that just shows they're the ones believing wrong, not me.

Eric T.

Hello @Jeanne D'Arc I will be praying for you. I hope you find some relief from all the troubles that have been afflicting you.

• Like 1

Just Mike

I think when you first started being bothered you should have listened.

We are under one Covenant now, that is Jesus Christ. We are not under the Old Covenant any longer. But that does not mean the Law bound by the Commandments. We are no longer Under the Law, but we obey it. How do you see we are under two Covenants? Blessings

Ransol
I think when you first started being bothered you should have listened.

We are under one Covenant now, that is Jesus Christ. We are not under the Old Covenant any longer. But that does not mean the Law bound by the Commandments. We are no longer Under the Law, but we obey it. How do you see we are under two Covenants? Blessings

I don't see that we are under two covenants. Only one: Grace. It's Grace that teaches us to say No to ungodliness. The 10 commandments are the strength and power to our sin.

Zach (the little tree guy), was ready to give up 1/4 of everything he had, when Jesus came to visit him. No laws or commandments, no guilt or condemnation was given. Just Grace. That's how Grace effects you.

The rich young ruler walked away sad and not ready to give up anything, after Jesus gave him the law.

We are in Covenant with God thru Christ, as a promise to Abraham which was made 430 years before the law was given. The law does not change, add to or take away from our covenant. That's in Hebrews 3.

Two different covenants, as pointed out in Romans 7:1-4 , we really shouldn't be going into the second until the first is fulfilled. We are dead to the first, so that we can be alive to the second in Christ.

Mixing the two covenants is like putting new wine into old wineskins or mixing cold and hot getting lukewarm. Not going to work out. Don't bring old baggage from the first to the second. The 10 commandments are NOT part of the second covenant which is outlined in Hebrews 8. No mention of us keeping any laws or commandments, which is what causes us to keep them, believe it or not.

BTW, I'm still curious as to what JP teaches that you don't agree with.

The law kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Just Mike
Hello @Jeanne D'Arc I will be praying for you. I hope you find some relief from all the troubles that have been afflicting you.

I noticed she made two post's and we haven't heard anything beyond that.

• Like 1

theophilus

Her profile indicates her last activity on the forum was on the 2nd of this month.

• Like 1

Faber
On 2/6/2018 at 6:24 AM, Ransol said:

The 10 commandments are NOT part of the second covenant which is outlined in Hebrews 8. No mention of us keeping any laws or commandments, which is what causes us to keep them, believe it or not.

We are to keep the commandments of the Decalogue that are repeated in the New Covenant.

See post #24

https://www.christforums.com/topic/5585-why-do-most-modern-christians-only-follow-9-of-the-10-commandments-sabbath-day/?tab=comments#comment-30522

According to 1 Thessalonians 4:2 Paul does mention about keeping commandments.