SovereignGraceSingles

Welcome to SovereignGraceSingles.com. Where Reformed Faith and Romance Come Together! We are the only Christian dating website for Christian Singles in the Reformed Faith worldwide. Our focus is to bring together Christian singles of all ages. Reformed single Christian men and women who wish to meet other Reformed Christian singles for spiritually, like-minded, loving relationships.

SovereignGraceSingles

Then the Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone; I will make him a helper suitable for him.” - Genesis 2:18

SovereignGraceSingles

Meet Like Minded Believers Can two walk together except they be agreed? - Amos 3:3

SovereignGraceSingles

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.

SovereignGraceSingles

SGS offers a "fenced" community: both for private single members and also a public Protestant forums open to Bible-believing Christians such as Presbyterians, Lutherans, Reformed, Baptists, Church of Christ members, Pentecostals, Anglicans. Methodists, Charismatics, or any other conservative, Nicene-derived Christian Church.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Senate Democrats Refuse To Grant Legal Status To Children Dreaming Of Being Born

Support

WASHINGTON, DC—Voting down a measure that would have banned most abortions after 20 weeks gestation, Senate Democrats on Monday refused to grant legal status to millions of unborn children dreaming of one day being born. House Republicans passed a bill last week that would guarantee citizens’ rights for U.S. children over 20 weeks gestation, the […]

. . . finish reading Senate Democrats Refuse To Grant Legal Status To Children Dreaming Of Being Born.

More...

• Like 1

Sue D.

Referring to DACA in a joking manner. It's NOT funny.

Lots of people allowed here by a former Pres. who had no business granting that privilege.

Any / Every 'dreamer' needs to be a Citizen / Legal first and foremost. Other people have their dreams Also -- but they dream inside of jail / Prison because they do things that are Against The Law. Like being in This country illegally.

And I keep going back to the question -- what would happen if We went to different country illegally -- no matter What our 'dream' would be. We'd be in Their prisons wishing we were NOT there After all.

As a side- note -- not related to This topic.

Just recently -- there have been men who've received the death penalty back in the 90's and just now are getting it carried through. That's totally ridiculous. Whatever happened to Swift justice being carried out. If it was Me being convicted of a crime that I wasn't guilty of -- a look-alike actually did it. If I was sentenced to death -- it would probably be carried out in a few short months.

• Like 2

Just Mike

I should have known that stupid bee!

• Like 1

Sue D.
I should have known that stupid bee!

Maybe that bee could be sprayed with wasp and bee spray. I have some at home.

• Like 1

theophilus
what would happen if We went to different country illegally

The dreamers did not choose to come here illegally; they were brought by their parents when they were too young to have any choice in the matter. Many of them have spent most of their life in this country and no nothing of the countries of which they are citizens. It would be cruel to force them to leave the only home they know and force them to start life over in a strange country. Perhaps the parents that brought them here deserve punishment; they do not.

• Like 1

atpollard

Just some facts:

What is Daca?

Daca is a federal government program created in 2012 under Barack Obama to allow people brought to the US illegally as children the temporary right to live, study and work in America. Those applying are vetted for any criminal history or threat to national security and must be students or have completed school or military service. If they pass vetting, action to deport them is deferred for two years, with a chance to renew, and they become eligible for basics like a driving license, college enrollment or a work permit.

Who are the Dreamers?

Those protected under Daca are known as “Dreamers” – by the time Trump announced his decision to rescind the program, 787,580 had been granted approval. To apply, they must have been younger than 31 on 15 June 2012, when the program began, and “undocumented”, lacking legal immigration status. They must have arrived in the US before turning 16 and lived there continuously since June 2007. Most Dreamers are from Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras and the largest numbers live in California, Texas, Florida and New York. They range in age from 15 to 36, according to the White House.

Edited by atpollard
  • Like 1

Sue D.
what would happen if We went to different country illegally

The dreamers did not choose to come here illegally; they were brought by their parents when they were too young to have any choice in the matter. Many of them have spent most of their life in this country and no nothing of the countries of which they are citizens. It would be cruel to force them to leave the only home they know and force them to start life over in a strange country. Perhaps the parents that brought them here deserve punishment; they do not.

That's what I was referring to -- if we -- as parents with children, did that same thing --going to a different country with our small kids -- what Would happen to 'us' as a family. People have been coming to This country for sanctuary and just 'coming' because we have a lot To offer in comparison to where they Came From. And, unfortunately -- thousands have been getting here Non-legally with no real negative consequences. When the 'dreamers' Are old enough to realize the 'truth of the matter', shouldn't They start taking personal responsibility, too? And, yes, the parents Do deserve punishment. But - in order to punish the parents the children get included in the punishment,. Depending on what the punishment Is, maybe it's a good lesson To the kids as well as the parents. Do things Legally or live with the negative consequences.

As Pres. Trump was commenting last evening. The US dreamers should be helped with their dreams Before the non-legal dreamers. The non-legal dreamers don't really Have a right to 'dream' except to stay out of trouble and make their own way to legal citizenship.

atpollard

The article in the Bee was actually pointing to something far more sinister. Congress refused to take action to protect ANY unborn lives, rejecting legislation that would have taken the US off the shameful list of being one of only 7 countries on the earth that allow unborn infants to be killed at any time with no restriction. The fact that a baby can feel pain at 20 weeks was no reason to prohibit its being ripped apart and ripped out, according to Congress.

The Babylon Bee correctly points out that we are debating the wrong things. The plight of illegal immigrants, however bad, pales beside the modern genocide. People who vote to allow the murder of babies by torture have no right to speak of their compassion for immigrant children. Their words ring false.

• Like 2

deade

Deade here with my two-cents worth: We have been aborting babies so long in this country, most peoples's minds are hardened to the fact. It seems it no longer disturbs most the general public and the non-active Christians. Breeches of moral standards get easier the more they are practiced.

Stealing gets easier for the thief, killing gets easier for the murderer, etc. While we habitually carryout our transgressions, they continue bolder and more elaborate. Sue D brought up the lack of swift justice. I believe the justice and prison systems are to blame. All one has to do is act up, in our society, and you get free room and board for an extended period. Just saying....

• Like 1