The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
ChatterBox

Jesus to stop healing pre-existing medical conditions

(From Newsthump)

The controversial move, introduced by disciple Judas Iscariot, is designed to cut waiting lists in the Nazareth Health Service, which has seen queues of up to 5,000 waiting to see the healing miracle worker at times. Iscariot then summed up the new system: “As Jesus himself says, ‘Suffer the little children, come unto me’.

“But not the ones with chronic illnesses.”

Read the full article below*

*This isn't so much a slap at the US healthcare system as a response to one of the UK's top health mavens suggesting people should stop putting pressure on NHS resources by being ill...

• Like 1

Hilarious but truthful. The question, "why do faith healers not go into hospitals"?

God bless,

William

Now That Is a good question.

Hilarious but truthful. The question, "why do faith healers not go into hospitals"?

God bless,

William

There was an old UK drama about exactly that: a junior doctor who was a saint who could faith heal. The most cynical and accurate bit was where he told the hospital board what he could do. The Medical directors were debating ethics, Legal wanted to block him due to legal issues with laying on hands, and the Finance department were throwing their hands up to give thanks and overruling everyone else because of what it meant for the hospital's bottom line.

There was an old UK drama about exactly that: a junior doctor who was a saint who could faith heal. The most cynical and accurate bit was where he told the hospital board what he could do. The Medical directors were debating ethics, Legal wanted to block him due to legal issues with laying on hands, and the Finance department were throwing their hands up to give thanks and overruling everyone else because of what it meant for the hospital's bottom line.

And here we thought that hospitals were Nice , Good places to be. They are but a huge corporation. Medical malpractice suits, etc, etc. :RpS_wink: :RpS_ohmy:

God bless,

William

Oh, they do. When they have heart attacks...
  • Like 1

Charismatic pastor/televangelist Benny Hinn, known for his popular international healing ministry and Pentecostal styled services, reportedly suffered a heart attack and the details of his condition have now been released by his spokesperson.

I wonder why he didn't go to another faith healer. :RpS_confused:

• Like 1

God bless,

William

Because they know that they are complete frauds.

Yes I saw a man walking with a cane into the church in our neighborhood using the term church in the loosest sense of the word where they have a monthly miracle meeting(I can't make this stuff up). The temptation that came upon me to ask him why he was walking with a cane and didn't receive a faith healing miracle was resisted. The answer I figured was that he just didn't have enough faith