The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Hidden Manna

Daniel 9:24

Staff

Do orthodox Jews fit this Biblical description .

1Jn 2:22  Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son. 
1Jn 2:23  Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. 
1Jn 4:3  And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 
2Jn 1:9  Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son. 
2Jn 1:10  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 
2Jn 1:11  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. 

They sure do need the Gospel . Big time. I have not noticed a passage that tells Christians not to preach the gospel to Israel or Jews .. 

• Love 1

It's about accountability. God is not going to destroy any soul that is not fully accountable.

Looking at Apostle Paul's case before he became a believer. Saul was a Jew, a Pharisee, and even held the coats of those who stoned the prophet Stephen.

Per Acts 9, Saul had a letter of authority from his brethren the Jews to go hunt down Christians and bring them back to Jerusalem for trial.

So how is it that our Lord Jesus intervened with Saul directly, casting Saul down and blinding him literally, and speaking to him, and causing Saul to 'know' beyond any doubt that The Lord Jesus Christ was Who was speaking to him? Would that influence one to believe on Jesus?

Yes! Saul believed because of that event. Otherwise Saul would have stayed on his way on the road to Damascus hunting down Christians to put in chains.

So why doesn't our Lord Jesus do that divine intervention for every believer on Him?

Saul was a "chosen vessel" to Jesus He said in Acts 9. Even though Saul was an enemy working against Christ and His Church, Saul did it in ignorance.

1 Tim 1:12-13
12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, Who hath enabled me, for that He counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;

13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.
KJV

Saul was ignorant about Christ Jesus, until Jesus divinely intervened.

So what about today's majority of Jews that work against Christ Jesus still? Who can say they aren't living in ignorance today like Saul was? especially since Paul pointed out in Romans 11 that God put the "spirit of stupor" upon them so they don't have spiritual eyes to see, and ears to hear.

In final then, Jesus can...like He did with Saul, turn the Jew's hearts back to Him. And that is what Paul says at the end of that Romans 11 chapter. Paul even mentions God's calling upon them.

Staff
2 hours ago, davy said:

It's about accountability. God is not going to destroy any soul that is not fully accountable.

What passage says this?  

On 10/7/2018 at 5:34 PM, Becky said:

What passage says this?  

2 Peter 3:9
9 The Lord is not slack concerning His promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
KJV

1 Tim 2:3-4
3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;

4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
KJV

Now look at this...

Rom 11:7-8
7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded

8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear;) unto this day.
KJV

Paul spoke of two branches of Israelites there. The first branch God elected, like in the 7,000 Elijah example which preserved unto Himself. But the rest of Israel, i.e., Paul's brethren of the flesh, i.e., unbelieving Jews, God put that "spirit of slumber" upon them.

Yet like Peter and Paul both said, it's God's desire to have all men saved and come to the knowledge of the truth, and that none perish. So how can those which God Himself blinded come to the Truth, unless God first removes that blindness He put upon them?? How can our Heavenly Father hold those whom He blinded accountable? His Word shows in final He will remove their blindness when the fulness of the Gentiles comes in (i.e. at Christ's return). That I have already covered on this forum, more than once.

Edited by davy

Staff

There is no passage that says what you think it says. 

• Like 1

On 10/10/2018 at 9:56 AM, Becky said:

There is no passage that says what you think it says. 

That statement is only your opinion, while what I showed from God's Word is how accountability has to do with one's choice to accept Jesus as God's promised Saviour, or not.

Even the destruction of those at the end of Rev.20 after the thousand years that go up against the "camp of the saints" when Satan is loosed one final time is proof of this accountability matter, because throughout that thousand years those will have had proof all that time that Jesus is LORD, even being required to go up to Jerusalem and worship Him from year to year during that thousand years (Zech.14).

Those who believe in The One True GOD and His Son Jesus Christ believe in a Just GOD.

Staff

You chose God? You chose salvation? What made you  choose When the Scriptures from a Just God say this.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 
Rom 3:13  Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: 
Rom 3:14  Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: 
Rom 3:15  Their feet are swift to shed blood: 
Rom 3:16  Destruction and misery are in their ways: 
Rom 3:17  And the way of peace have they not known: 
Rom 3:18  There is no fear of God before their eyes. 

15 minutes ago, Becky said:

You chose God? You chose salvation? What made you  choose When the Scriptures from a Just God say this.

Rom 3:10  As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: 
Rom 3:11  There is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. 
Rom 3:12  They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. 
Rom 3:13  Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: 
Rom 3:14  Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: 
Rom 3:15  Their feet are swift to shed blood: 
Rom 3:16  Destruction and misery are in their ways: 
Rom 3:17  And the way of peace have they not known: 
Rom 3:18  There is no fear of God before their eyes. 

Now you're trying to preach to me an idea Paul covered that only speaks even more about each making their choice to believe, or not.

Nothing I said disagrees with Paul there.

Rom 3:24-26
24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:

25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God;

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.
KJV

So all you're attempts at preaching to me with your apparently thinking I'm being self-righteous with what I cover from God's Word (from His help), are for what purpose, especially since you are an administrator here? You have had this negative, biting attitude against me almost from the start.

Staff

I asked a couple  questions and quoted Scripture . 

Can we not simply disagree with out getting upset . 

Have you taken the time to read what this site is about? 

Many here are allowed the freedom to say as they wish even when they disagree with premise of what this site stands for. 

You have been given much latitude. 

• Like 1
  • Best Answer 1

32 minutes ago, Becky said:

I asked a couple  questions and quoted Scripture . 

Can we not simply disagree with out getting upset . 

Have you taken the time to read what this site is about? 

Many here are allowed the freedom to say as they wish even when they disagree with premise of what this site stands for. 

You have been given much latitude. 

My respect for William and Beck can't be much higher. The Christian way to show respect and Christian love, and firmness when its required, have been proven many times over, by the staff of ChristForums. 

This forum is no place for being angry, being disagreeable, or being disrespectful, there is no need for it no matter how a person tries to justify it.

A warning from William or Becky or the Moderators should be understood as an act of kindness given in Christ like love.

This is how I have witnessed this forum as long as I have been here with these fine loving brother's and sister's. I suppose if someone can not abide by the Forums written statement, the right thing to do is bow out. I try to abide not out of fear of being asked to leave, but out of genuine Christian love.

Edited by Just Mike
  • Like 1
  • Love 2