The Protestant Community

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Christian Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Hidden Manna

Daniel 9:24

Some people believe the 70 weeks of Daniel have not been fulfilled as of yet, as some say the last 7 years of that prophecy is somehow transported somewhere into the future to be fulfilled later. But to say the last 7 years of that prophecy is not yet fulfilled is like saying Jesus Christ being crucified is not yet fulfilled either. This is because Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last 7 in Daniels 70 week prophecy. So let us look at the words of God and see what was determined to be fulfilled in that 70 week prophecy.

Daniel 9:24 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

In this verse we understand “thy people” as being the Jews, the “holy city” as being Jerusalem, the “transgression”, because the Jews had transgressed the first covenant God had made with them.

But let’s first back up a bit to get a better perspective on what Daniel was talking about in context, and what Daniel was praying the Lord for prior to the angel Gabriel coming to Daniel.

In verse 2 we read Daniel 9:2 “In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.” And then Daniel goes into prayer to the Lord and says in verse 5 Daniel 9:5 “5 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:” And also in verse 11 Daniel 9:11 “11 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.”

Then Daniel goes on to explain in the next several verses how, because of all the sins, transgressions and great evil the people had done, the curses written in the law of Moses had come upon them and upon Jerusalem.

Then in verse 16 Daniel asks of the Lord in Daniel 9:16 “16 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.”

And then we see in the following verses Daniel pleading to the Lord for His forgiveness….and then Gabriel comes because of Daniels prayer, to give him understanding in the matter, and consider the vision. So Gabriel is answering Daniels prayer about the ending this period of a curse and judgment.

Then Gabriel said this time period of 70 weeks would include “to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

Alright let us look at each one of these things listed above, as all these things Jesus did accomplished.

1.To make an end of sin…

Jesus came to make an end of sin…. John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”

Romans 6:6 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

2.To make reconciliation for inquity…

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

3.To bring in everlasting righteousness…= Christ is our Righteousness

Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Matthew 9:13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Romans 10:4 “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hebrews 13:20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

4.To seal up the vision and the prophecy… (Daniel 9:27)

Jesus confirmed the vision and the prophecy given to and spoken of by Daniel.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Luke 21:20-22 “ And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

The words of Jesus and History confirm Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 ad.

5. And finally to anoint the most Holy….

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”

So you see this 70 week prophecy concerning the first coming of Messiah the Prince is already fulfilled.

Luke 24:44 “And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Prove all things by the words of God. Peace and God bless.

You are overlooking one thing; the Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah and as a result they have been scattered throughout the world. The 70 weeks will not be complete until they believe in him.

Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories.

1 Peter 1:10,11 ESV

The sufferings took place when he was crucified; the glories refer to the time he will reign on earth. We are now living in the time between these two events.

• Like 1

You are overlooking one thing; the Jews rejected Jesus as their Messiah and as a result they have been scattered throughout the world. The 70 weeks will not be complete until they believe in him.

Concerning this salvation, the prophets who prophesied about the grace that was to be yours searched and inquired carefully, inquiring what person or time the Spirit of Christ in them was indicating when he predicted the sufferings of Christ and the subsequent glories.

1 Peter 1:10,11 ESV

The sufferings took place when he was crucified; the glories refer to the time he will reign on earth. We are now living in the time between these two events.

I disagree, not all the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah, and all the Jews believing in Jesus has nothing to do with the fulfilling of the 70 week prophecy. If you have a verse that says all the Jews must first believe in Jesus before the 70 weeks can be fulfilled, then by all means post that verse. Peace

• Like 2

I am going to add this study into this thread as it may help some to understand the Daniel 9 prophecy.

Sacrifice and offering He did not want

Psalm 40:6Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire; mine ears hast thou opened: burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.”

Psalm 51:16For thou desirest not sacrifice; else would I give it: thou delightest not in burnt offering.”

Isaiah 1:11 “To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices unto me? saith the Lord: I am full of the burnt offerings of rams, and the fat of fed beasts; and I delight not in the blood of bullocks, or of lambs, or of he goats.”

Hosea 6:6 “For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings.”

Mark 12:33 “And to love him with all the heart, and with all the understanding, and with all the soul, and with all the strength, and to love his neighbour as himself, is more than all whole burnt offerings and sacrifices.”

Hebrews 10:1-10 “For the law having a shadow of good things to come, and not the very image of the things, can never with those sacrifices which they offered year by year continually make the comers thereunto perfect.2 For then would they not have ceased to be offered? because that the worshippers once purged should have had no more conscience of sins.

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance again made of sins every year.4 For it is not possible that the blood of bulls and of goats should take away sins.5 Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

6 In burnt offerings and sacrifices for sin thou hast had no pleasure.

7 Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;

9 Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.10 By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.”

Now many try to misrepresent Daniel 9:27 by saying antichrist is going to make a 7 year peace treaty in the future with Israel, but this doctrine is totally false. Daniel 9:27 is speaking of Messiah the Prince, who is also called in the OT as the messenger of the Covenant, who was none other than Jesus Christ who preached the New Testament in that final week of Daniels 70 week prophecy. Jesus is the one who brought into force the New Covenant by his death and the shedding of blood as is written; and Jesus also caused the need for sacrifice and offerings to cease. (Dan. 9:27)

This is exactly what Messiah the Prince did in the last week of Daniels 70 week prophecy. Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last week, causing the need for animal sacrifice and offerings to cease, thus also taking away the carnal ordinances of the first Covenant, and establishing the New Covenant. Jesus also declared to Jerusalem before he was crucified, their house was left to them desolate. (Matt 23:38)

He in Daniel 9:27 is referring to Messiah the Prince….

Daniel 9:27 “And he shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate.

Be not deceived by the doctrines of men; prove all things by the words of God. Mark

I disagree, not all the Jews rejected Jesus as the Messiah, and all the Jews believing in Jesus has nothing to do with the fulfilling of the 70 week prophecy. If you have a verse that says all the Jews must first believe in Jesus before the 70 weeks can be fulfilled, then by all means post that verse. Peace

Some Jews believed but the nation as a whole rejected him. Paul discusses this subject in chapters 9 to 11 of Romans. The Jews don't have to believe before the 70th week; it is during the 70th week that God will bring the Jews to believe in him.

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Romans 11:25 ESV

When the full number of Gentiles comes in the church will be removed from the world by the Rapture and God will once again begin working through the Jews.

• Like 1

Some Jews believed but the nation as a whole rejected him. Paul discusses this subject in chapters 9 to 11 of Romans. The Jews don't have to believe before the 70th week; it is during the 70th week that God will bring the Jews to believe in him.

Lest you be wise in your own sight, I do not want you to be unaware of this mystery, brothers: a partial hardening has come upon Israel, until the fullness of the Gentiles has come in.

Romans 11:25 ESV

When the full number of Gentiles comes in the church will be removed from the world by the Rapture and God will once again begin working through the Jews.

Again I disagree, and I see you did not provide a verse of scripture that says God will bring all the Jews to believe in Him during the 70th week. Also, I do not believe the scriptures support a "pre-tribulation rapture" theory either. The dead in Christ shall be raised first, and the living who remain shall be caught up to meet them in the air at the last day and last trump, per the words of God.

John 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24

Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:52

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

Some people believe the 70 weeks of Daniel have not been fulfilled as of yet, as some say the last 7 years of that prophecy is somehow transported somewhere into the future to be fulfilled later. But to say the last 7 years of that prophecy is not yet fulfilled is like saying Jesus Christ being crucified is not yet fulfilled either. This is because Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last 7 in Daniels 70 week prophecy. So let us look at the words of God and see what was determined to be fulfilled in that 70 week prophecy....

Yes.

To say that the last week of the seventy is separate and in the future...

no permission is given to do that either linguistically or as indicated in the Bible.

The idea that people are allowed to interpret the prophecies, by ignoring the grammar of the language it is written in...is the cause of countless errors.

Other prophecies of "time limits" ran CONCURRENTLY (Hebrews in Egypt 400 years, Jeremiah's 70 years of Jews in Babylon).

Daniel's 70 shauvim (70 weeks of years, 490 years) should also run CONCURRENTLY - there is no justification (imo) of springing this "GAP" between 69th and 70th week.

The way I understand it now is that Christ could have been cut off at 69.5 shauvim - veil rent in Temple, sacrifices there mean nothing from that point, and ultimately end totally in 70 AD with Temple destruction.

From the Cross til the stoning of Stephen is thought by many to be the second half of the seventieth week, and this seems logical to me.

69.5 shauvim is indeed AFTER 69 shauvim - it need not be inferred that Messiah is cut off exactly at the end of the 69th week, any more than the destruction of The Temple would be immediate in the last half of 70th week, and indeed we know it was not immediate, but roughly 40 years.

Daniel's prophecy is indeed complicated, yet amazingly accurate as a prediction - from a command to restore and rebuild Jerualem til Messiah is cut off/sacrifices become ineffectual is dead on, whether one views Daniel as written at the time the text indicates or in Macabean period 167 BC as some scholars say -- in any event Messiah being cut off is astonishingly and accurately foretold.

I used to believe in the GAP between 69th and 70th week, a pre-trib Rapture following which God deals with Israel again, I just became uncomfortable with THE CHURCH being viewed as a PARENTHESES -- it is NOT a parentheses, it is the mystery hidden for ages but now revealed.  There have been ENOUGH "Temples made by man" - and the Most High does not dwell in them anymore, nor will He again. Jesus told Samaritan woman "the hour is coming and now is" when it won't be THIS MOUNTAIN or THAT MOUNTAIN...

The hunt for a Red Heifer is itself a Red Herring - I just think nothing NEEDS to happen before WHAM, BOOM, it's all over - like in the days of Noah, people going about their business, then suddenly the Flood.

Nothing in my faith will be shatterred IF it turns out the "70th week is yet to come view" turns out to be right; I hope no pre-tribbers (or post-tribbers that look for 70th week yet to come) will have their faith shatterred if no Temple is ever rebuilt, no actual Gog of Magog comin' round the mountain ever happens, and the revealing of the Man of Sin/Son of Perdition turns out to be nowhere near as literal as some imagine it.

11 hours ago, Anto9us said:

there is no justification (imo) of springing this "GAP" between 69th and 70th week.

Daniel 9:26 says, "And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed."  This takes place after the 69th week and before the 70th week is mentioned.

Here is another reason:  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theophilus said:

Daniel 9:26 says, "And after the sixty-two weeks, an anointed one shall be cut off and shall have nothing. And the people of the prince who is to come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. Its end shall come with a flood, and to the end there shall be war. Desolations are decreed."  This takes place after the 69th week and before the 70th week is mentioned.

Here is another reason:  

Tell you tell me what exegetic hook in the text demands this 'gap' (please note that is not the same as asking, 'what in your interpretation demands this 'gap') 

23 hours ago, reformed baptist said:

Tell you tell me what exegetic hook in the text demands this 'gap' (please note that is not the same as asking, 'what in your interpretation demands this 'gap') 

The destruction of Jerusalem, which took place in AD70, is described after the 69th week and before the 70th week.

2 hours ago, theophilus said:

The destruction of Jerusalem, which took place in AD70, is described after the 69th week and before the 70th week.

Thanks for the response I would suggest that's a reason based on interpretation though - you interpret week 69 to include the destruction of Jerusalem, and you interpret the event of the 70th week to refer to the millennial kingdom - therefore there must be a gap - but isn't that to put the cart before the horse - doesn't exegesis normally come before interpretation? 

21 hours ago, reformed baptist said:

Thanks for the response I would suggest that's a reason based on interpretation though - you interpret week 69 to include the destruction of Jerusalem, and you interpret the event of the 70th week to refer to the millennial kingdom - therefore there must be a gap - but isn't that to put the cart before the horse - doesn't exegesis normally come before interpretation? 

You are wrong on both counts.  The destruction of Jerusalem takes place after the 69th week.  The 70th week isn't the millennial kingdom but the seven year tribulation which precedes it.  And I base both of these ideas on the plain reading of Daniel 9.  

5 minutes ago, theophilus said:

You are wrong on both counts.  The destruction of Jerusalem takes place after the 69th week.  The 70th week isn't the millennial kingdom but the seven year tribulation which precedes it.  And I base both of these ideas on the plain reading of Daniel 9.  

Ok, so I got the details of your interpretation wrong - my apologies :classic_biggrin:

However the point remains that you still haven't given me an exegetical reason to insert a 2000 year (and growing) gap between the 69th and 70th week 

There is a literal gap of time between fulfillment of the 69th and 70th week of the Dan.9 prophecy.

It's not the only example of time gaps involving prophecies in God's Word (compare Luke 4 what Jesus read from Isaiah 61, stopping to not read the "day of vengeance" which is for His 2nd coming). See Zechariah 9:9-10, which verse 9 is about Jesus' 1st coming, and verse 10 is about His 2nd coming.

It's also not that difficult to grasp that the events of the Dan.9:27 verse is hard-linked to the events in Dan.11 that the "vile person" does, pointing to the Antichrist at the end of this world.

We are not supposed to lose focus of what all was written in the previous Daniel chapters when studying about the 70 sevens prophecy of Dan.9. In Dan.2, we are shown there will be a 5th final beast of the feet with ten toes of part clay and iron, and that it together with all the other statue pieces will fall 'together'... when Jesus comes to smite it upon its feet, and then God will setup a Kingdom that will never be destroyed. By that, He showed us a final beast kingdom of ten toes (like the ten horns of Rev.17) that MUST be manifested on earth when Jesus returns with gathering His Church and establishing His everlasting Kingdom on earth. That final beast kingdom has never manifested in history, not yet, for it is to support ALL the previous beast statue pieces that came before it (Dan.2). And that is pointing to a "one world government" system over all nations and peoples on the earth, something no man has seen on earth yet, but that can be seen in the making today. Therefore, early on in Daniel 2, our Heavenly Father gave us a quick summary of the historical beasts through the idea of the beast statue pieces, to include the 'final'... beast kingdom yet to manifest today (ten toes), revealing the prophecy of the final beast king (the Antichrist) being at the very end of this present world.

Rev 13:1-2
13:1 And I stood upon the sand of the sea, and saw a beast rise up out of the sea, having seven heads and ten horns, and upon his horns ten crowns, and upon his heads the name of blasphemy.

2 And the beast which I saw was like unto a leopard, and his feet were as the feet of a bear, and his mouth as the mouth of a lion: and the dragon gave him his power, and his seat, and great authority.
KJV

In those first two Revelation 13 verses, our Lord Jesus is pointing us back to the Book of Daniel involving the idea of those animal symbols as symbolic for the final beast kingdom of ten horns, seven heads, and ten crowns.

Rev 17:12-14
12 And the ten horns which thou sawest are ten kings, which have received no kingdom as yet; but receive power as kings one hour with the beast.

13 These have one mind, and shall give their power and strength unto the beast.

14 These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.
KJV

In Revelation 17, our Lord Jesus defines some of the symbols of the beast system of ten horns and seven heads. The Rev.17:10-11 verses deal with the idea of beast kings, with verse 11 pointing to a specific beast king. Thus we have the idea of both a beast kingdom, and a beast king there in Rev.17. These ten kings of verse 13 give their power to the beast king, for that "beast" idea there is defined in verse 8:

Rev 17:8
8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.
KJV

Who is it that shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition (i.e., perish in the "lake of fire")? I'll give you a hint - no flesh born man has yet to be judged and condemned to perdition in the future "lake of fire". I didn't say no flesh man will be judged into it, I said no flesh born man has been judged and sentenced yet, to this day, not even Judas Iscariot. Who does that leave then? It leaves Satan and his angels, for they already have been judged and sentenced to perdition (Matthew 25:41). This is why that above verse says those whose names not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world will wonder at that beast. They will not know who he is when they see him at the very end of this world, on earth, in our earthly dimension.

On 1/4/2018 at 11:56 AM, Hidden Manna said:

Some people believe the 70 weeks of Daniel have not been fulfilled as of yet, as some say the last 7 years of that prophecy is somehow transported somewhere into the future to be fulfilled later. But to say the last 7 years of that prophecy is not yet fulfilled is like saying Jesus Christ being crucified is not yet fulfilled either. This is because Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last 7 in Daniels 70 week prophecy. So let us look at the words of God and see what was determined to be fulfilled in that 70 week prophecy.

Daniel 9:24 24 Seventy weeks are determined upon thy people and upon thy holy city, to finish the transgression, and to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

In this verse we understand “thy people” as being the Jews, the “holy city” as being Jerusalem, the “transgression”, because the Jews had transgressed the first covenant God had made with them.

But let’s first back up a bit to get a better perspective on what Daniel was talking about in context, and what Daniel was praying the Lord for prior to the angel Gabriel coming to Daniel.

In verse 2 we read Daniel 9:2 “In the first year of his reign I Daniel understood by books the number of the years, whereof the word of the Lord came to Jeremiah the prophet, that he would accomplish seventy years in the desolations of Jerusalem.” And then Daniel goes into prayer to the Lord and says in verse 5 Daniel 9:55 We have sinned, and have committed iniquity, and have done wickedly, and have rebelled, even by departing from thy precepts and from thy judgments:” And also in verse 11 Daniel 9:1111 Yea, all Israel have transgressed thy law, even by departing, that they might not obey thy voice; therefore the curse is poured upon us, and the oath that is written in the law of Moses the servant of God, because we have sinned against him.”

Then Daniel goes on to explain in the next several verses how, because of all the sins, transgressions and great evil the people had done, the curses written in the law of Moses had come upon them and upon Jerusalem.

Then in verse 16 Daniel asks of the Lord in Daniel 9:1616 O Lord, according to all thy righteousness, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy fury be turned away from thy city Jerusalem, thy holy mountain: because for our sins, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Jerusalem and thy people are become a reproach to all that are about us.”

And then we see in the following verses Daniel pleading to the Lord for His forgiveness….and then Gabriel comes because of Daniels prayer, to give him understanding in the matter, and consider the vision. So Gabriel is answering Daniels prayer about the ending this period of a curse and judgment.

Then Gabriel said this time period of 70 weeks would include “to make an end of sins, and to make reconciliation for iniquity, and to bring in everlasting righteousness, and to seal up the vision and prophecy, and to anoint the most Holy.”

Alright let us look at each one of these things listed above, as all these things Jesus did accomplished.

1.To make an end of sin…

Jesus came to make an end of sin…. John 1:29 The next day John seeth Jesus coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world.”

Romans 6:6 “Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.”

2.To make reconciliation for inquity…

2 Corinthians 5:18 And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

3.To bring in everlasting righteousness…= Christ is our Righteousness

Psalm 103:17 But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and his righteousness unto children's children;

Matthew 9:13But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.”

Romans 10:4 “For Christ is the end of the law for righteousness to every one that believeth.

Hebrews 13:20Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,

4.To seal up the vision and the prophecy… (Daniel 9:27)

Jesus confirmed the vision and the prophecy given to and spoken of by Daniel.

Matthew 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Luke 21:20-22 And when ye shall see Jerusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.21 Then let them which are in Judaea flee to the mountains; and let them which are in the midst of it depart out; and let not them that are in the countries enter thereinto. 22 For these be the days of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

The words of Jesus and History confirm Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 ad.

5. And finally to anoint the most Holy….

Luke 4:18 The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,”

So you see this 70 week prophecy concerning the first coming of Messiah the Prince is already fulfilled.

Luke 24:44 “And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Prove all things by the words of God. Peace and God bless.

1.To make an end of sin…

Seems to me the world is more sinful than ever

On 1/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, Hidden Manna said:

I see you did not provide a verse of scripture that says God will bring all the Jews to believe in Him during the 70th week. 

If you believe in the millennial reign, you know there will be skeptics then also.

On 1/6/2018 at 11:27 AM, Hidden Manna said:

Again I disagree, and I see you did not provide a verse of scripture that says God will bring all the Jews to believe in Him during the 70th week. Also, I do not believe the scriptures support a "pre-tribulation rapture" theory either. The dead in Christ shall be raised first, and the living who remain shall be caught up to meet them in the air at the last day and last trump, per the words of God.

John 6:39

And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.

John 6:40

And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:44

No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me draw him: and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 6:54

Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.

John 11:24

Martha saith unto him, I know that he shall rise again in the resurrection at the last day.

1 Corinthians 15:52

In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed.

When you say last day, do you mean the end of the world as we know it? (R.E.M. rim shot) What happens then?

On 4/28/2018 at 9:43 PM, Pillar said:

Yes.

To say that the last week of the seventy is separate and in the future...

no permission is given to do that either linguistically or as indicated in the Bible.

The idea that people are allowed to interpret the prophecies, by ignoring the grammar of the language it is written in...is the cause of countless errors.

Which version you using?

On 4/29/2018 at 11:01 PM, Anto9us said:

Other prophecies of "time limits" ran CONCURRENTLY (Hebrews in Egypt 400 years, Jeremiah's 70 years of Jews in Babylon).

Daniel's 70 shauvim (70 weeks of years, 490 years) should also run CONCURRENTLY - there is no justification (imo) of springing this "GAP" between 69th and 70th week.

The way I understand it now is that Christ could have been cut off at 69.5 shauvim - veil rent in Temple, sacrifices there mean nothing from that point, and ultimately end totally in 70 AD with Temple destruction.

From the Cross til the stoning of Stephen is thought by many to be the second half of the seventieth week, and this seems logical to me.

69.5 shauvim is indeed AFTER 69 shauvim - it need not be inferred that Messiah is cut off exactly at the end of the 69th week, any more than the destruction of The Temple would be immediate in the last half of 70th week, and indeed we know it was not immediate, but roughly 40 years.

Daniel's prophecy is indeed complicated, yet amazingly accurate as a prediction - from a command to restore and rebuild Jerualem til Messiah is cut off/sacrifices become ineffectual is dead on, whether one views Daniel as written at the time the text indicates or in Macabean period 167 BC as some scholars say -- in any event Messiah being cut off is astonishingly and accurately foretold.

I used to believe in the GAP between 69th and 70th week, a pre-trib Rapture following which God deals with Israel again, I just became uncomfortable with THE CHURCH being viewed as a PARENTHESES -- it is NOT a parentheses, it is the mystery hidden for ages but now revealed.  There have been ENOUGH "Temples made by man" - and the Most High does not dwell in them anymore, nor will He again. Jesus told Samaritan woman "the hour is coming and now is" when it won't be THIS MOUNTAIN or THAT MOUNTAIN...

The hunt for a Red Heifer is itself a Red Herring - I just think nothing NEEDS to happen before WHAM, BOOM, it's all over - like in the days of Noah, people going about their business, then suddenly the Flood.

Nothing in my faith will be shatterred IF it turns out the "70th week is yet to come view" turns out to be right; I hope no pre-tribbers (or post-tribbers that look for 70th week yet to come) will have their faith shatterred if no Temple is ever rebuilt, no actual Gog of Magog comin' round the mountain ever happens, and the revealing of the Man of Sin/Son of Perdition turns out to be nowhere near as literal as some imagine it.

A tad testy, are we? And who brought this up? This is not a salvation issue. No one says you are going to hell. What does a mountain or a red cow have to do with Daniel's 70th Week Prophecy? Nothing. You are using too much fluff and quoting too much stuff that doesn't even pertain. The third temple is ready to go. It will happen. You can search it. 

Let's relax and take a deep breath. Here is a quote from Nathan Jones at http://christinprophecyblog.org/2017/04/the-mighty-angels-of-daniel-9-foretell-483-years-until-the-messiah/

"What’s so amazing about Daniel is that the book has so many exact, precisely calculated prophecies that have already come true. Fulfilled Bible prophecy helps us put our faith and trust in the Bible.

When we look at the various decrees that act as a starting point for Daniel’s Seventy Weeks, there are two main decrees that make the most sense. One calculates almost to the day when Jesus made His Triumphal Entry into Jerusalem, known as Palm Sunday. That is the view that Dr. John MacArthur holds. In one of his studies, he calculates to the exact day from when Artaxerxes, King of Persia, in 445 B.C. issued his decree to Nehemiah to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem all the way up to when Jesus made His final entry into Jerusalem (Neh. 2:1-8).

Our own Dr. David Reagan wrote an excellent article on Daniel’s 70 Weeks of Years that I would highly recommend for those interested in this topic. He argues for another starting point that ends at the beginning of Christ’s ministry in 27 AD. His starting date is 457 B.C., when Artaxerxes issued a decree to Ezra authorizing him to reinstitute the Temple services, appoint judges and magistrates, and teach the Law (Ezra 7:11-26).

So, even with a 12 year variation between the two decrees, the numbers work out when you factor in whether the prophetic year is 360 or 365 days, Leap Years, and how off the Julian Calendar was. Either way, the Messiah was cut off from His potential kingship by execution. Jesus Christ was cut off, just as Daniel had been told by the Angel Gabriel.

That Daniel was given the exact number of years — 483 years to be exact — for when Jesus would come should really strengthen our faith in the Bible. Daniel wrote these prophecies centuries before Jesus came, and that this prophecy came true so many centuries later, provides the absolute proof that the Bible is indeed the Word of God. After all, how could Daniel have known the number of years unless the prophecy originated with the Word of God?"

Apologies if i seemed harsh. I cannot tell attitude with my aptitude. I was directing this to the original poster. I does believe you was being sincere.

Edited by Even So
clarificating

Staff

What are your views on who is "all Israel" ?

Staff
3 hours ago, Anto9us said:

regular "all" -- not Calvinist "all"

What are your opinions on this all Israel 

Rom_11:26  And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: