The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Manna

When they shall say peace and safety

I’ve heard some mention a time of peace, or a peace treaty that is yet to come, and this is to be set up by a single man figure called “Antichrist” here in the last days before Christ returns. But I personally believe this doctrine to be in error and false. First thing is antichrist is a spirit who works in “many deceivers” as scripture also confirms, and has come already as Jesus and the apostles confirmed in scripture. And also Jesus himself said he did not come to send Peace on earth at this time but a sword.

But let’s explore by scripture why “they shall say” Peace and safety.

Paul had said in 1 Thessalonians 5:3; "For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction comes upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." And so Jesus did say the people would be eating, drinking, and marrying before this sudden destruction comes upon the world. But one could say that has pretty much been the norm ever since Jesus was caught up to heaven. But is that really a true Peace by God’s definition?

Jesus said in Matthew 10:34 “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

At first glance one could say there seems to be a contradiction to these 2 prophecies of Paul and Jesus. But I believe it is important to note that Paul just simply said when "they shall say" Peace and safety, not that their statement was actually true. Paul had a way of pulling sayings out of other parts of the Old Testament, as we will see.

Many claim the prophecies given in Daniel 8:24-25 concerning a time of peace is yet future, and yet to be fulfilled. But many of those prophecies were concerning the coming of the Prince of this world and his spirit of a lie or “antichrist” spirit; and how that “it” would cast the truth to the ground. And “it” would practice and prosper and destroy wonderfully and destroy many by peace, even the mighty and holy people.

And so how do you destroy wonderfully by peace? It is only accomplished by making people believe a lie, and not by physical warfare; but rather spiritual warfare and destruction through deception and lies.

And the scriptures seem to show this same sign of them “saying peace” but it is rather a false sense of peace and security. This false peace is shown in Jeremiah 6:14;"They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace." This is repeated again in Jeremiah 8:11;"... saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace."

Also in Micah 3:5 “Thus saith the Lord concerning the prophets that make my people err, that bite with their teeth, and cry, Peace; and he that putteth not into their mouths, they even prepare war against him.”

And I believe these may be some of the scriptures Paul was referring to when he said; "they shall say", Peace and safety. I believe they who say these things are those who prophesy falsely.

In Ezekiel 13:16 we saw the same sign in the prophets of Israel who prophesy falsely in the name of the Lord. Ezekiel 13:16;"To wit, the prophets of Israel which prophesy concerning Jerusalem, and which see visions of peace for her, and there is no peace, saith the Lord."

The Lord said in Isaiah 48:22;"There is no peace, saith the Lord, unto the wicked."

And again in Isaiah 57:20-21;"But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked."

Notice the wording how the wicked are like a “troubled sea”, and compare that to Jesus’ testimony in Luke 21:25 “And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;”

Distress of nations is what we are seeing in the world today, ever since the Arab spring uprising began a couple of years ago the masses have taken to the streets in large numbers, and every man’s sword is against his neighbor. I believe what follows next is the 6thseal sign with the “powers of heaven being shaken” and then “men’s hearts failing them for fear” because of what is coming upon the earth by way of God’s wrath.

Be not deceived into looking for things “they say” are yet to be fulfilled, like a temple to be rebuilt in Jerusalem, or a man figure yet to come called “Antichrist.” And do not believe it when “they say” there is to come a time of peace for the wicked before Christ returns; because the false prophets of old said the same thing and caused God’s people to err.

But rather look to the words of God and to guidance from His Holy Spirit for the Truth, be sober minded and watch!

Peace and God bless, Mark