The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Matto

Talk about Jesus

The second most popular talk about Jesus that people asked me to do was about Jesus being the Way the Truth and the Life.

Its all related but I started with talking about Truth.

The Truth is the Highest Authority and it is Eternal and Uncreated. Jesus is the Highest Authority because He is the Truth Incarnate.

The Truth is Eternal, it was True before all things and will be forever after.

The Truth is " I am ".

A bloke can't create the Truth, he can fabricate a lie, but not the Truth. The Truth is Uncreated and stands whether a bloke believes it or not. He reaches up to grasp truth and takes it to himself. If someone try's to overthrow the Truth he judo throws himself, because Truth is both immovable and unstoppable.

Wisdom is merely adherence to the Truth, Wisdom rests on the Rock of Truth, and even the strongest lie busts itself on the Truth.

It is interesting that the most powerful man in the secular world set himself against the Truth when he lied about his relations with a woman. The world looked on as the contest between the heavy weight lie and Truth was set before us. Who would win. It seemed that the Truth got more and more powerful as the lie strained and strained, but ultimately the lie overthrew itself and conceded defeat.

Someone can stand on his head, block the Truth out of his mind, run, deny and jump in a creek, yet Truth remains unsullied and smiling as before.

The Truth sends out its emissaries everyday, the more Bill Clinton refused the first emissaries, the Truth sent even more powerful emissaries and the pressure only got worse. Even the most powerful man with the most powerful lie is no match for the Truth.

The Truth defeated sin and death, the Truth set us free.

• Like 2

The second most popular talk about Jesus that people asked me to do was about Jesus being the Way the Truth and the Life.

Its all related but I started with talking about Truth.

The Truth is the Highest Authority and it is Eternal and Uncreated. Jesus is the Highest Authority because He is the Truth Incarnate.

The Truth is Eternal, it was True before all things and will be forever after.

The Truth is " I am ".

A bloke can't create the Truth, he can fabricate a lie, but not the Truth. The Truth is Uncreated and stands whether a bloke believes it or not. He reaches up to grasp truth and takes it to himself. If someone try's to overthrow the Truth he judo throws himself, because Truth is both immovable and unstoppable.

Wisdom is merely adherence to the Truth, Wisdom rests on the Rock of Truth, and even the strongest lie busts itself on the Truth.

It is interesting that the most powerful man in the secular world set himself against the Truth when he lied about his relations with a woman. The world looked on as the contest between the heavy weight lie and Truth was set before us. Who would win. It seemed that the Truth got more and more powerful as the lie strained and strained, but ultimately the lie overthrew itself and conceded defeat.

Someone can stand on his head, block the Truth out of his mind, run, deny and jump in a creek, yet Truth remains unsullied and smiling as before.

The Truth sends out its emissaries everyday, the more Bill Clinton refused the first emissaries, the Truth sent even more powerful emissaries and the pressure only got worse. Even the most powerful man with the most powerful lie is no match for the Truth.

The Truth defeated sin and death, the Truth set us free.

Amen!

The most dangerous thing in this world is truth mixed with the tiniest bit of error, making it all the more easier for someone to accept. We must test all things to God's word and pray for wisdom because "the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned" 1 Cor. 2:14.

"Thy righteousness is an everlasting righteousness, and thy law is the truth" Psa. 119:142

"They are not of the world, even as I am not of the world. Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth." John 17:16,17

"To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them" Isa. 8:20

• Like 1