The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Stylish Church

There was a old cowboy that had just entered town and was looking for a church to go to on Sunday. He found oe that was right in the center of town that was decked out nicely. It had all kinds of expensive cars in the parking lot, so he decided to enter.

Suddenly the pasture saw him coming into his church with raggedy clothes, unkempt hair and dirty old boots. The pastor took him aside and told him that this church was a highly respectable church and it was attended by the community leaders and the mayor. He told him he couldn't come in wearing what he was and the pastor proceeded to walk him out. Upon reaching the door the preacher added: If you want to come back here I would pray to God and let him tell you what to wear, and he turned and left the old cowboy on the front step.

The very next week the pasor was greeting his parishioners as they came that Sunday for church and low and behold the same cowboy, wearing the same clothes came walking up and stood in line to enter.

The pastor looked around as if to see if anyone else had noticed the cowboy and he walked up to him and said. Didn't I tell you we don't allow this sort of dress in here? Didn't you pray to God for him to tell you what to wear.

The old cowboy looked up at the preacher and replied. I did pray to God with just that question and you know he answered me straight away and said that he didn't know what your dress code wasd because he has never been inside your church.

• Like 2