The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Painting the Porch

A 20 year old Blond girl needs some ready cash and goes around the neighborhood to see if she can do odd jobs to raise cash. She gets to the door of the towns miser and asks if she could do anything for money. The old man decides he was going to take advantage of her age and being prejudice her IQ, based on how smart he thought blond women were and told her he would pay her $50.00 bucks to paint his porch, which wrapped around the entire house.

He gives her the dozen or so gallons of paint and the roller and goes inside to watch some TV and about 2 hours later the young women knocks on the back door to tell him that she is finished. He is astonished at the speed she worked and she told him, that she had enough time to give it a second coat. The guy turns around to get his wallet to pay her when she adds:

Oh by the way, it's not a Porsche, it's a Lexus.

• Like 2