The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
val5662

End Times Question

Hi All....

Does everyone know the next big event coming any day or year to our planet?

No, it's not Jesus coming back to reign for a thousand years.

It's the seven year peace plan.Google it and most sites you find will give you the scriptures explaining this super important information ( post would be too long if I added scripture links ).

You can lose your soul if you are deceived by the coming Antichrist.

Have a great day!

Hi All....

Does everyone know the next big event coming any day or year to our planet?

No, it's not Jesus coming back to reign for a thousand years.

It's the seven year peace plan.Google it and most sites you find will give you the scriptures explaining this super important information ( post would be too long if I added scripture links ).

You can lose your soul if you are deceived by the coming Antichrist.

Have a great day!

Hi Val5662, WELCOME TO CF :RpS_smile:

Question, when you speak of those who could "lose their souls" above, are you referring to those who are born again/in Christ, or to others?

Thanks!

--David

Jacob...

Google these 4 words seven year peace plan

You will learn a lot if you research those four words.

Cya later!

Edited by David Lee
We do not allow advertising or self-promotion on any of our boards.

David...

Thanks for the welcome.

I was just quoting a few words from a scripture ( don't remember which one ), but if you look at my reply to Jacob, you will find all the scriptures regarding what I mentioned.

In a nutshell, the antichrist that makes a seven year peace plan claims to be God ( it's scriptural ),so ya,even Christians can be deceived.

Thanks again!

David...

Thanks for the welcome.

I was just quoting a few words from a scripture ( don't remember which one ), but if you look at my reply to Jacob, you will find all the scriptures regarding what I mentioned.

In a nutshell, the antichrist that makes a seven year peace plan claims to be God ( it's scriptural ),so ya,even Christians can be deceived.

Thanks again!

If that's true, what do you do with passages like John 6:37-40?

Here's an excerpt from that passage:

All
that the Father gives Me
will
come to Me, and ...
of
all
that He has given Me
I lose nothing
, but raise it up on the last day".

Thanks again!

--David

John 6

44 No one can come to Me unless the Father who sent Me draws him; and I will raise him up on the last day.

Guys...

First of all if you know that there will be somebody making a seven year peace plan and claiming to be God that arrives before Jesus comes back,no problem.

But if you think that Jesus is coming back FIRST and you think that the person above is really Him....you will be deceived.

If you want scriptures to prove stuff and you don't have time to google the seven year peace plan, I can do that.

It's a lot faster if you guys do the research cause all the scriptures regarding this subject are on oodles of websites.

Some sites even go into more detail.

Thanks!

There is one event that will take place before the seven year peace plan - the rapture of the church. No Christians will be fooled by the Antichrist because there will be no Christians left on earth. God will once again use the nation of Israel to carry out his work.

There is one more thing that might take place before the peace plan - the invasion of Israel described in Ezekiel 38 and 39. There are differences of opinion on when this event will take place. I think it might take place after the rapture and lead to the peace plan.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/the-connecting-link/

• Like 3

Welcome val5662! I used to believe in the seven years of peace, but I have come to believe that the seven year peace plan, and the secret rapture are not biblical doctrines.

1 Thes. 5:1-3 "But of the times and the seasons, brethren, ye have no need that I write unto you. For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. For when they shall say, Peace and safety; then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall not escape." The reason it's as a thief in the night is because so many people believe that there will be a great time of peace, but sudden destruction (7 plagues of Rev. 16 & 17) comes upon them.

1 Thes. 4:16 "For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air." This verse speaks volumes to the fact that there are still God's people living when He comes in the clouds with power and great glory (Matt. 24:30).

Matt. 24:27,31 "For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be...He shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other." Again, Christ's people are still living on earth when He comes in glory.

1 Cor. 15:51,52 "Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

And the last trumpet is Christ's return: Rev. 11:15-19 "And the seventh angel sounded; and there were great voices in heaven, saying, The kingdoms of this world are become the kingdoms of our Lord, and of his Christ; and he shall reign for ever and ever...and that thou shouldest give reward unto thy servants the prophets, and to the saints, and them that fear thy name, small and great; and shouldest destroy them which destroy the earth...and there were lightnings, and voices, and thunderings, and an earthquake, and great hail." A good example of the seven last plagues is when the Hebrews were still in Egypt when the plagues fell, and God protected them from the last 7 plagues rather than rapturing them away secretly to take them out of the time of trouble. So will it be in the end times when the plagues are poured out on the evil ones. Read Psalm 91.

The "7 years of peace" is often a misinterpretation of Daniel 9:27 which is actually referring to the covenant that Jesus made by His ministry, where in the midst of the week (3.5 days in prophecy is 3.5 years), Jesus died on the cross after 3 1/2 years of ministry, and caused "the sacrifice and the oblation to cease." Here is a good article that explains in more detail: https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-l...secret-rapture

God bless!

Welcome @val5662! I love your avatar, it is even sillier than mine. By the way,

In a nutshell

Seems an apt phrase for a saber-tooth squirrel.

Anyway, on a more serious note, we like the use of scripture references here, more so since the site makes the text very accessible. For example, one of the scriptures that comes up in your search is Daniel 9:27. You will notice that the verse will pop-up on mouse over, or you can see it in context by clicking on it. Happy New Year!

• Like 1

Eric T....

Ok, I understand.....but there are so many scriptures describing the seven year peace plan event is why I posted it as I did.

As i said before,if you google seven year peace plan you will see what I mean.

Thanks for the tip anyway. :RpS_smile:

Happy New Year to all !

Have a great day!

• Like 1

Hi All....

Just an update on the seven year peace plan and also the rapture mentioned by a few.

Yesterday ( 31 Dec 2017 ) I found the best short video that totally explains everything in detail.

Don't miss this, seriously!

Have a great 2018 all !

How can anyone take you seriously when you cannot provide the Scripture?

God bless,

William

Really... you know the original authors didn't put chapters and verses in there letters and books, right. Those are man made conventions. Your actually supposed to hide the word of God in your heart. Not memorize numbers. Just think about it.

Hi All....

Just an update on the seven year peace plan and also the rapture mentioned by a few.

Yesterday ( 31 Dec 2017 ) I found the best short video that totally explains everything in detail.

Have a great 2018 all !

I listened to D. Paul Beck's video. I went deeper to find more information as to what he stands for and his Theology.

D. Paul Beck seems to be a very credible Christian. He follows John MacArthur end time views. I too believe much of John MacArthur's Doctrine, except I am a Historic Premillennialist. where John Mac Arthur is a Dispensational Premillennialist.

For a better understanding of the Four views Robert G. Clouse has a excellent book on the THE MEANING OF THE MILLENNIUM: FOUR VIEWS.

Really... you know the original authors didn't put chapters and verses in there letters and books, right. Those are man made conventions. Your actually supposed to hide the word of God in your heart. Not memorize numbers. Just think about it.

The Bible didn't originally have chapters and verses but the New Testament writers often quoted the Old Testament. Chapters and verses simply enable you to show exactly where to find the places you quote.

• Like 2

Hi All....

Have a great 2018 all !

This is a false doctrine based on a total misunderstanding of Daniels 70 week prophecy and Daniel 9:27. Those who promote this false doctrine usually use new translations of Daniel 9:27 in order to reword and make this false doctrine fit into their distorted views. There is no man coming called antichrist, as antichrist is a spirit that works in many deceivers, as is also written. It is also written that antichrist has already come and was already working in the world during the days of the apostles. Be not deceived, there is no such thing as a 7 year peace treaty or 7 year tribulation, there are 0 verses of scripture that say there is a 7 year tribulation.

Also, Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last 7 of that 70 week prophecy, as Messiah is the one who confirmed the New Covenant with his disciples and brought the New Covenant into force by His death and shedding of blood. That 70 week prophecy of Daniel is fulfilled already.

I would advise you stick with the KJV of this prophecy...

Daniel 9:25-27

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he (Messiah the Prince) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Here is another version from the English Translation of the Greek Septuagint

25 And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations. (abomination of desolation fulfilled in 70 a.d.)

27 And one week shall establish the covenant (New Covenant) with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away:(Christ crucified in middle of last 7) and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations;(Temple destroyed 70 a.d.) and at the end of time an end shall be.

This is a false doctrine based on a total misunderstanding of Daniels 70 week prophecy and Daniel 9:27. Those who promote this false doctrine usually use new translations of Daniel 9:27 in order to reword and make this false doctrine fit into their distorted views. There is no man coming called antichrist, as antichrist is a spirit that works in many deceivers, as is also written. It is also written that antichrist has already come and was already working in the world during the days of the apostles. Be not deceived, there is no such thing as a 7 year peace treaty or 7 year tribulation, there are 0 verses of scripture that say there is a 7 year tribulation.

Also, Jesus was crucified in the middle of the last 7 of that 70 week prophecy, as Messiah is the one who confirmed the New Covenant with his disciples and brought the New Covenant into force by His death and shedding of blood. That 70 week prophecy of Daniel is fulfilled already.

I would advise you stick with the KJV of this prophecy...

Daniel 9:25-27

25 Know therefore and understand, that from the going forth of the commandment to restore and to build Jerusalem unto the Messiah the Prince shall be seven weeks, and threescore and two weeks: the street shall be built again, and the wall, even in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weeks shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himself: and the people of the prince that shall come shall destroy the city and the sanctuary; and the end thereof shall be with a flood, and unto the end of the war desolations are determined.

27 And he (Messiah the Prince) shall confirm the covenant with many for one week: and in the midst of the week he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the overspreading of abominations he shall make it desolate, even until the consummation, and that determined shall be poured upon the desolate."

Here is another version from the English Translation of the Greek Septuagint

25 And thou shalt know and understand, that from the going forth of the command for the answer and for the building of Jerusalem until Christ the prince there shall be seven weeks, and sixty-two weeks; and then the time shall return, and the street shall be built, and the wall, and the times shall be exhausted.

26 And after the sixty-two weeks, the anointed one shall be destroyed, and there is no judgment in him: and he shall destroy the city and the sanctuary with the prince that is coming: they shall be cut off with a flood, and to the end of the war which is rapidly completed he shall appoint the city to desolations. (abomination of desolation fulfilled in 70 a.d.)

27 And one week shall establish the covenant (New Covenant) with many: and in the midst of the week my sacrifice and drink-offering shall be taken away:(Christ crucified in middle of last 7) and on the temple shall be the abomination of desolations;(Temple destroyed 70 a.d.) and at the end of time an end shall be.

I wonder, you mean to say there are no other possible ways to understand this? There are Biblical Scholars that have made their life studies just on these verses and end time and they do not agree. So to tell some on its a false doctrine is overstating your position. Perhaps it would be better to say that this is what you believe rather that telling someone that they have a false doctrine, would it not? Give it some thought, as many have debated this for a very long time. God bless.

The KJV is not the most accurate version today. I respect that you really love and rely on the KJV and that's ok, but today the NASB and the ESV are far more accurate Word for Word translations.

I wonder, you mean to say there are no other possible ways to understand this? There are Biblical Scholars that have made their life studies just on these verses and end time and they do not agree. So to tell some on its a false doctrine is overstating your position. Perhaps it would be better to say that this is what you believe rather that telling someone that they have a false doctrine, would it not? Give it some thought, as many have debated this for a very long time. God bless.

The KJV is not the most accurate version today. I respect that you really love and rely on the KJV and that's ok, but today the NASB and the ESV are far more accurate Word for Word translations.

Truth is truth and anything that is not of the Truth is a lie. ( 1 John 2:21) Sorry to offend anyone, but calling false doctrine false is not a personal attack on any certain individuals, but just calling false doctrine for what it is, which is false.

Any where I've ever debated this false doctrine they can never provide any scriptural proof to support a 7 year tribulation theory based on an unfulfilled 7 years in the 70 week prophecy given in Daniel. To say that last 7 years of that prophecy is unfulfilled as of yet, is like saying Jesus Christ was not crucified in that final 7 years. Hopefully you will see the danger in suggesting this notion, as Messiah was crucified in the middle of that final 7 years. That prophecy in Daniel 9:27 is about the coming of Messiah and His death, and also the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. All that prophecy about Messiahs first coming is already fulfilled, even Jesus confirmed this here---->>>>Luke 24:44 "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me."

But those who want to hold to and promote this 7 year tribulation doctrine based on an unfulfilled week in Daniels prophecy, then by all means show us one verse of scripture that says there is a 7 year tribulation to come in the future. If you cannot prove your doctrine by the words of God,(which are Truth) then it is just the wild imaginations and false doctrines of men. Peace

Truth is truth and anything that is not of the Truth is a lie. ( 1 John 2:21) Sorry to offend anyone, but calling false doctrine false is not a personal attack on any certain individuals, but just calling false doctrine for what it is, which is false.

Any where I've ever debated this false doctrine they can never provide any scriptural proof to support a 7 year tribulation theory based on an unfulfilled 7 years in the 70 week prophecy given in Daniel. To say that last 7 years of that prophecy is unfulfilled as of yet, is like saying Jesus Christ was not crucified in that final 7 years. Hopefully you will see the danger in suggesting this notion, as Messiah was crucified in the middle of that final 7 years. That prophecy in Daniel 9:27 is about the coming of Messiah and His death, and also the destruction of the Temple in Jerusalem. All that prophecy about Messiahs first coming is already fulfilled, even Jesus confirmed this here---->>>>Luke 24:44 "And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me."

But those who want to hold to and promote this 7 year tribulation doctrine based on an unfulfilled week in Daniels prophecy, then by all means show us one verse of scripture that says there is a 7 year tribulation to come in the future. If you cannot prove your doctrine by the words of God,(which are Truth) then it is just the wild imaginations and false doctrines of men. Peace

Being unwilling to see that far more astute and scholarly, Biblical experts have different opinions limits dialogue. Therefore I have no reason to give any further input.

Being unwilling to see that far more astute and scholarly, Biblical experts have different opinions limits dialogue. Therefore I have no reason to give any further input.

There is a big difference between being taught by worldly and scholarly men and being taught by God in Christ; for One is our Teacher. (Matthew 23:8-10) Also understand that the Spirit of Truth is not divided, but is united in thinking being of one mind in Christ.

1 John 2:27

"But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him."

I respectfully think you should at least look into what other Holy Spirit men who have spent their life in the original languages have to say. To do other wise how do you not make sure that you are mistaken in someway?

• Like 1

I respectfully think you should at least look into what other Holy Spirit men who have spent their life in the original languages have to say. To do other wise how do you not make sure that you are mistaken in someway?

Just because someone says they are of the Holy Spirit, it does not necessarily make it so. A man could spend his whole life studying the scriptures and never come to understanding them without the anointing of the Holy Spirit. This is why we are told to try the spirits, because many deceivers have entered into the world. If these men's doctrine cannot be proven true by the written words of God, then it is probably not of God; as the Spirit agrees with the Word, which is Truth. If there were a 7 year tribulation to come the words of God would confirm it to be true, but they cannot confirm it by God's words as true. This should be a warning sign, along with those who say the old translations are flawed, but the new and improved versions suddenly have it all right.

Beware of those who try to reword the text, twist words and their meanings, and even totally reject certain other parts of the Bible as proof text; just so they can try to force their own views and interpretations into the text. But even still, those who are of the world will receive their own, but they will not receive the Spirit of Truth.

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 John 4:6 "We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Just because someone says they are of the Holy Spirit, it does not necessarily make it so. A man could spend his whole life studying the scriptures and never come to understanding them without the anointing of the Holy Spirit. This is why we are told to try the spirits, because many deceivers have entered into the world. If these men's doctrine cannot be proven true by the written words of God, then it is probably not of God; as the Spirit agrees with the Word, which is Truth. If there were a 7 year tribulation to come the words of God would confirm it to be true, but they cannot confirm it by God's words as true. This should be a warning sign, along with those who say the old translations are flawed, but the new and improved versions suddenly have it all right.

Beware of those who try to reword the text, twist words and their meanings, and even totally reject certain other parts of the Bible as proof text; just so they can try to force their own views and interpretations into the text. But even still, those who are of the world will receive their own, but they will not receive the Spirit of Truth.

John 14:17 "Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

1 John 4:6 "We are of God: he that knoweth God heareth us; he that is not of God heareth not us. Hereby know we the spirit of truth, and the spirit of error.

Ok friend I give up. I don't think a thing I may say would be worth your reading. I mean no disrespect, I understand your thinking and that's fine too. I think its best I just drop out for now, God bless you.

• Like 1

There is one event that will take place before the seven year peace plan - the rapture of the church. No Christians will be fooled by the Antichrist because there will be no Christians left on earth. God will once again use the nation of Israel to carry out his work.

There is one more thing that might take place before the peace plan - the invasion of Israel described in Ezekiel 38 and 39. There are differences of opinion on when this event will take place. I think it might take place after the rapture and lead to the peace plan.

https://clydeherrin.wordpress.com/2013/01/24/the-connecting-link/

Very crafty indeed the OSAS believes, and others who are incorporated together in such doctrine.

To these sadly who are deluded as the blind leading the blind and soon they are going to fall into a ditch, are in for a surprise that the rapture will not take place as expected. We have had many false teachers who led astray believers into the thinking the rapture is here. And while they waited and waited, praying and worshiping, the rapture did not take place. And as a last resort. they ended up committing suicide.

Man of GOD profiting from the All Scripture = HOLY BIBLE, and as according to 2Timothy3:16&17, listen and pay attention and work with us in regards grace and truth of the New Testament Scriptures, and quote from them all that we prophesy in regards to them on our part according to the wisdom given us. Generally speaking in context to the Scriptures from Matthew to Revelation, there are signs JESUS calls Christians of the New Covenant to look out for in their lives. Even signs during the reign of the 'beast' and what all he will do to bring peace on earth, before His coming and His coming is very near. And yet He will be a little late, according to the parables of the 'Ten Virgins', and apart from, 'He will come like a thief in night' (night meaning 'dark ages'). And also mentioned, the falling away of the church, and many will give up their faith. And JESUS said that GOD shortens the seven year period to three and a half, for no man can stand the test of time. And for true Christians not to loose their faith by the deception and tribulation from the beast and his people of the world.

All Christians will be raptured and the nation Israel will continue HIS work is another deception. For Israel is harden and as regards the Gospel they are enemies of GOD. And the beast is going to allow them to rebuild their Temple and their sacrifices according to the Law of Moses resume as usual. And indeed the Jews will believe he is the messiah who have come to liberate them from their enemies. And they will in zeal according to the Law of Moses, persecute the Christians then, for their 'heresy' and their false Messiah Jesus.

But those who want to hold to and promote this 7 year tribulation doctrine based on an unfulfilled week in Daniels prophecy, then by all means show us one verse of scripture that says there is a 7 year tribulation to come in the future.

There is such a verse, the one you quoted twice in your previous post.

This shows that the crucifixion takes place immediately after the 69th week, not during the 70th week. In addition, Jerusalem will be destroyed by the Romans before the 70th week begins. The one who makes the 7 year covenant is the prince whose people destroyed Jerusalem, the Antichrist.

You said that the Antichrist is not a person but a spirit that is at work in the world. Here is what John says about him:

Children, it is the last hour, and as you have heard that antichrist is coming, so now many antichrists have come. Therefore we know that it is the last hour. They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

1 John 2:18,19 ESV

​​​​​​​Those to whom John was writing had heard that Antichrist was coming. John didn't say their belief was wrong but pointed out that many antichrists had already come.