The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Rude Mother Fails To Put Baby On Silent Mode Before Church Service

WILMAR, MN—New mother Tatiana Olson is being called rude and obnoxious for failing to put her baby on silent mode before entering the church service at Generations Church during Sunday’s service. The woman’s infant cried several times during the service, interrupting the proceedings and demonstrating the reason for the church’s strict rules on using a […]

. . . finish reading Rude Mother Fails To Put Baby On Silent Mode Before Church Service.

More...

On a serious note -- there Are mom's who let their babies fuss during a church service -- that's what church nurseries are for. And, yes, it Can be disruptive to those around the baby.

On the Other hand, some years ago, there was a church we went to where the pastor felt what he was sharing was too important for Anyone to leave the auditorium -- there was a little boy who apparently needed the bathroom, so his dad was quietly going to the exist door with him. The pastor stopped the service for a moment to let them know that 'they' needed to stay until he was finished preaching. There were ushers at both doors to open and shut as people came in and out. They were fairly 'dumb-founded' that the pastor did that.

Personally, I would have taken my son / daughter out Anyway and never gone back to that church.

• Like 3

Yes I agree sister I was going to make the same comment about modern mothers who let their babies cry during service and yes it is very disruptive as well as inconsiderate to the others in the service.. Dictatorial pastors are not a ministry that I would want to sit under.

Yes I agree sister I was going to make the same comment about modern mothers who let their babies cry during service and yes it is very disruptive as well as inconsiderate to the others in the service.. Dictatorial pastors are not a ministry that I would want to sit under.

And he was definitely a dictatorial pastor which is why we Did leave.

Yes crying babies, and disruptive children and talking adults make preaching difficult. However being rude to people who are disruptive is not the answer

The best way to deal with these issues is to have ushers that are trained in being extremely helpful for those needing assistance in times like that. No need to make those causing noise to feel insulted, being kind and expressing a genuine effort and desire to help in a quiet respectful way is always best.

At times when at the close of a service a Pastor can say "now with all eyes focused up front here, no talking please, this is important. If you area Christian, please pray as we come to our invitation,...." that gets people prepared to let the Holy Spirit speak to their hearts. I believe this works best.

• Like 1

William, our Pastor too designed a paper for those children 4th grade and above who stay in the sermon time to take notes. My wife and I give them out to our class and they take those papers with then to Church worship Service. Third grade and below stay in the Worship Service until the sermon. Those third grade and below go to a Children's Church wher a sermon is given for their maturity. However no child is required to go to Children's worship, they are welcome to sit with their parents or someone responsible for them.

This seems to work well. All but for a very seldom baby crying, which most are taken to a place where they can see the Pastor in a special room with glass in the back. So far only once in 14 months have we heard a baby cry, the pastor,s little son a week old, which no one bothered by his sweet wimper.

• Like 1

We don't have but two toddlers in my church and they're still at that quiet age. But when they were infants the mother would take them over to the fellowship hall/nursery or she would just go first and listen to the service on the intercom. The younger children go to Sunday school, but they join the regular service at about 8 yrs old.

Children's Church is wonderful for the kids. And the nursery. Our services are fairly informal. If a person needs to get up for 'whatever' , they are free to do so. Quietly, of course. Our pastor is a smart -- quick-minded guy --has no trouble getting and holding our attention.

We were in a church for a while when it was being noticed that the youth who had been sitting in a group were being a bit disruptive. It was suggested that they join their parents during the service in the future. The group -- not specific kids.

There are families in that church who feel their kids will sit with them until they are graduating and off to college. Which isn't a bad idea. Their friends can come and sit with them also.

And there are Also churches that are so family friendly that mothers nurse their babies during the service. Everyone meets together as a big family. They don't see a need for a nursery or children's church or anything.

There was a church my daughter and husband and family went to many years ago. Maybe it Was Reformed -- their song service lasted half an hour. They sang every verse of any song that was sung. They were strictly the old-fashioned Gospel. Nothing peppy about it. And the preaching service was an hour long. Some of the kids would fall asleep during the service. They had a Seminary close by so they had them do the preaching. Even an as adult -- it was Long and somewhat boring after the first half hour. We'd been in churches where the service was an hour. That included singing and offering and everything.

Our church - S. S. teachers Also provide a sheet for kids to follow and work on during the service. Works well.

• Like 1