The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Man Bravely Abandons Unpopular Christian Belief To Affirm Extremely Popular Cultural Belief

PORTLAND, OR—Local Christian blogger Jonathan Pennington is being called a hero by progressive theologians after he courageously abandoned an extremely unpopular Christian teaching in order to instead affirm a very popular belief held in wider secular culture, sources confirmed Wednesday. “I know this is going to get me a lot of praise from secular culture, […]

. . . finish reading Man Bravely Abandons Unpopular Christian Belief To Affirm Extremely Popular Cultural Belief.

More...

PORTLAND, OR—Local Christian blogger Jonathan Pennington is being called a hero by progressive theologians after he courageously abandoned an extremely unpopular Christian teaching in order to instead affirm a very popular belief held in wider secular culture, sources confirmed Wednesday. “I know this is going to get me a lot of praise from secular culture, […]

. . . finish reading Man Bravely Abandons Unpopular Christian Belief To Affirm Extremely Popular Cultural Belief.

More...

Why do people continue to refer to liberals as "progressives." They absolutely love it when conservatives use that term. If they are "progressive, then everyone else is, by default "regressive." There is literally no good reason to validate their assumed label of "progressive." I just call them Regresssives or sometimes just liberals.

More...

I know this is satire, but I'd like to touch on a few points here.

The term progressive is not allows as positive as some people hope others take it.

Cancer progresses and in doing so destroys instead of builds.

The idea that anything liberal is progressive is nonsence since the progressive movement was alive and kicking in the days of Teddy Roosevelt.

The aboltion movement was in my opinion the beging of the progressive movement and was started through Biblical principals for the future of all mankind. The Prohibition and womens sufferage was also connected to the progressive movement and had one thing in common and that was to move society as a whole. La de Da de, everybody foreword in one giant leap that would benefit all of society.

The Liberals have never been progressive but there are progressives in both parties. The Libs simply confiscated the term progressive when President Regan showed them up for the bankrupt individuals they were. Liberals in general and activists in specific have no desire to gain everything they want, because in doing so, they would invalidate their reason for existing. They are here on this world to perpetually fight the so-called GOOD FIGHT, and in doing so they can feel like the good, caring, sportive individuals they assume they are. These people are addicted to the spirit of activism and to remove themselves from that roll would take away their reason for living.

These people aren't progressing eith towards or away from anything other than a more productive life.

One man's progress is another man's regress.:) But I agree that "progressives" i.e. leftist thinkers, like the term because it makes them sound high-minded and forward thinking. So often, the opposite is true.

One man's progress is another man's regress.:) But I agree that "progressives" i.e. leftist thinkers, like the term because it makes them sound high-minded and forward thinking. So often, the opposite is true.

That depends on what standards that you are trying to obtain.Liberal try to weaken the standards so they can get away with things they couldn't normally get away with.

Liberal try to weaken the standards so they can get away with things they couldn't normally get away with.

I read somewhere recently that the affirmation and indulgence of the self is their religion. Oh, I remember, it was a recent John Schroeder article:

http://www.hughhewitt.com/the-tie-that-divides/

I think this guy has a good insight.

I read somewhere recently that the affirmation and indulgence of the self is their religion. Oh, I remember, it was a recent John Schroeder article:

http://www.hughhewitt.com/the-tie-that-divides/

I think this guy has a good insight.

That's the key. Hedonism. If everyone is looking to please themselves then no one is looking out for one another. This is why Class warfare is at the forefront of the attack of society. Keep the peoples minds on what they don't have and they won't learn to appreciate what they do have and therefore will always need the presence of those who promise them everything to keep their mouths salivating

These promiser's never have to produce anything, but demand that others fulfill what they can't because to do otherwise would require the promisers to actually put forth an effort.

• Like 1