The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
theophilus

It's funny

- Funny how a $100 "looks" so big when you take it to church, but so small when you take it to the mall.

- Funny how long it takes to serve God for an hour, but how quickly a team plays 60 minutes of basketball.

- Funny how long a couple of hours spent at church are, but how short they are when watching a movie.

- Funny how we can't think of anything to say when we pray, but don't have difficulty thinking of things to talk about to a friend.

- Funny how we get thrilled when a baseball game goes into extra innings, but we complain when a sermon is longer than the regular time.

- Funny how hard it is to read a chapter in the bible, but how easy it is to read 100 pages of a best selling novel.

- Funny how people want to get a front seat at any game or concert, but scramble to get a back seat at church services.

- Funny how we need 2 or 3 weeks advance notice to fit a church event into our schedule, but can adjust our schedule for other events at the last moment.

- Funny how hard it is for people learn a simple gospel well enough to tell others, but how simple it is for the same people to understand and repeat gossip.

- Funny how we believe what the newspapers say, but question what the Bible says.

- Funny how everyone wants to go to heaven provided they do not have to believe, or to think, or to say, or do anything.

- Funny how you can send a thousand ‘jokes' through e-mail and they spread like wildfire, but when you start sending messages regarding the Lord, people think twice about sharing.

• Like 1

Most are funny in a disturbing way. I well understand the valid points you make. Right now we are experiencing a good portion of our congregation that is seeking for an even shorter service and all but eliminating the sermon. It seems that hour or hour and 15 minutes is just to long to worship the Lord.

I think that those people who fall into the categories that have much more of a problem than what we can point out and it all starts and stops with God.