The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Believer

Prayers requested

I have come to realize without God there is nothing. I need prayers beca use God is the only hope left, an only God can solve the situation. My son and family live here, situation is horrible, I so need God's guidance in what to do I just cannot go on. We now no longer speak, I tried to talk openly to he and his?wife. They are bankrupting me. There is no respect. They run me and I cannot stop them. I'm so afraid I need to get out but how. I dfont s keep I don't eat on verge of just giving up. Please prayed are so needed.

• Like 1

I am sorry that you have to go through all that. I will definitely be praying for you and your family. One thing we are assured of in this life is trials (Acts 14:22, Isa. 48:10), but Jesus assures us "In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world." John 16:33. In my own experience I have learned that the bitter trials have brought me so much closer to God, allowing me to depend more fully on Him for everything. Trials are a way of showing us our defects of character so that we can cry out to Jesus Christ and ask Him to change us into His likeness. I pray that the Holy Spirit will strengthen and comfort you.

"but they who wait for the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isa. 40:31.

Your words have wisdom thank u but today to give you an example my son and his wife took all the kids out for picture eith Santa. I was not invited although I paid for it. In fact I was not even allowed to see them in their outfits but my son took my bank card and used it for gas. I begged to see them my DIL deliberately took them around the house. To me that is just cruel. I have to get out of here. Yes I know it leaves them stranded but I don't care. My DILis totally without any soul. She is wicked to the core. My son follows her every lead why because she will take the kids. My heart is broken my own son has tired against me. Why because I refused to give them more money and told him get a job

Also that I was leaving in three years or sooner. Too lazy to work but not too lazy to let me work 12 hours a day at 68. I need a church with a pastor and elders who are not afraid to stand up and help me get out. I've tried two churches but neither has been what they claim.

It's to the point I have prayed for God to just take me home. I just cannot live here.

It is easy for me to promptly dismiss a family member who attempts to take advantage of me. It is like math... abuse me, good bye. I have a big family and so it has happened... I forgive them, but don't trust them under my roof, except for visits. My credit card is totally out of bounds for them. They can go get one of their own. They can go take care of themselves. It can only be healthy to cut the umbilical cord and send them on their merry disrespectful ways, without even looking back. The illusions of "guilt" one might experience after that are simply that, illusions, and they will fade as you find peace in removing a big problem from under your roof. Peace

I wish it were that easy but I am 68 years old in a wheel chair. My son knows better he was raised a Christian his?wife is the grand daughter of a bishop for churches. But she is wihout any Christian humanity at all. I made a promise I would not throw them out due to kids. Fine but I can move out. sins. She has walked out numerous times, she will again. I don't have to support them once I am gone and what will they do. I so wish God would touch him or maybe shake him awake. I cannot even use my van they have a car seat in it so I cannotvload my wheelchair. I am afraid I don't know what she will do. My furnace hot water etc is in basement.

• Like 1

68 years old in a wheelchair... you have social workers to help and run interference for you. I am disabled also, not in a wheelchair... but still it is tough to move around. But I had to once request the services of an independent living councilor, a free service from your local social office. That person stepped in and took care of all the issues I had going at the time. Mine was concerning being jacked around by the people I bought this place from. But they mostly solve your kind of problem... Social Security people go a long way to make sure relatives aren't taking advantage of their elders.

It seems wrong for you to move out.

You should enlist the help of one of these folks to make your ransom demands... So that you are not being held for ransom by them as you are. Make your demands known, let them know your frustrations and they will help you.

Peace my friend.

• Like 2

Thank you. I am trying to be strong. I'm scared and my son knows exactly what he is doing. Tomorrow is my birthday and he just told me he's done with me. Maybe I just need to go to a hotel. I don't care about this house it's ruined anyway. I am trying so hard not to hurt the children. But even that he is chastising me on. I told them get their act together I intend to retire in tgbree years that started this whole situation. Then I basically told hikm get a job be a man. That did it a nd I won't now down anymore.

Your respi nses are helping I hate even having to talk about this but I have no where else to go.

• Like 1

I will pray that God will give you the wisdom and the help you need to solve your problems. Perhaps you can start by praying that God will save your daughter-in-law. After all Jesus did tell us we should pray for our enemines.

I know I need as a Christian to practice forgive. But today was?my birthday. I got no card, a two word happy Birthday and absolutely NO interaction with my grand children who live down stairs. They were not even permitted to come up to say Happy Birthday to me. No excuse. They no ed all gifts to their part of the house left my 4 ( because I paid for all theirs) upstairs. Frankly to me folks that is about as nasty as you can get. Hurt, yes devastated I've never been treated this way in my life. My son has no excuse. My Dial is just a hurtful selfish nasty evil person without any Christian values. I'm done.

Please all understand this is my only venue to talk. Never did I think my son would treat me this way. It's all my DIL. This is a woman who when her own mother asked to visit was told the police would be called. Whatever hurt was done to her it is so deep and Satan has her so firmly in his grasp I don't think she wants to be saved. She is in petal of her soul but refuses to acknowledge it.

Rehardless my son should not be permitting this to go on.

It's Zruined Christmas. They are downstairs opening gifts THAT I PAID FOR, kids not allowed to come up. My gifts sit under my tree in opened. Son cooking breakfast I but NONE for me. But using food ft I'm my fridge.

Hurt no devastated. They won't leave no one will have them

And I pray and pray it just gets worse.

So for me it would be better to be dead. No I won't do anything as a believer I cannot. But I truly need God to step in here and save me. I cannot take anymore.

Thanks Clyde I a really Do, but Satan has her in his clutches and frankly I don't think she wants saving. But I try anyway.

It sounds as if she is in the same condition Saul of Tarsus was before his conversion.

Sorry to hear on your struggle.. we will keep to pray... God is in control.. pl take care to take right decisions for the glory of God.. praying for you.. blessings