The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
NetChaplain

The Highest Obedience

All that is solely earthly, which relates to this life only needs to progressively lose its nearness to us (enjoy without clinging – 1Tim 6:17), esp. all that concerns our own lives as it pertains to earthly matters alone. The more mindful we are of putting others before ourselves (Phil 2:3), the more practical we live in the highest order of obedience to Christ, which alone pleases God the most (Jhn 15:12).

When we practice minding God and others, esp. brothers and sisters in Christ more than minding ourselves we are “walking in the Spirit” to the fullest. If this be not our ongoing primary motive in our ways, “how can we love God?” (1Jhn 4:20). Otherwise it’s still only desired-love for God which has yet to mature to practical-love to God!

Hence the similarity here with the two “great commandments” given to the Jews (Mat 22:36-40). All else is under this supreme achievement, apart from which renders every doctrine and their desired practical-attempts—incomplete. All who are born again will eventually be become aware of the prominence for the practical-desire of selflessness, for such is the Father’s over-riding work in us—that we walk in love to Him by loving others!

" Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4:34

Jesus food was to do the Will of the Father. The Divine Will is the source of all things, and sustains all things.

Even believers still struggle with ego, pride, wilfulness. They live as if their human wills were supposed to ungoverned in many different areas. That is why most grace is blocked and why miracles seem a distant memory.

Our damaged human will causes us to sin, and drags its heals against The Holy Divine Will.

It is The Holy Divine Will that brings us joy, we were created to live in The Divine Will in the beginning and this was called Eden.

We can now, if we want to, return to the first order of creation, by handing over our human wills to God. And asking for His Holy Divine Will to live in us and Reign in us.

All actions in Divine Will have infinite power and no grace is lacking. We can walk with the Lord in the cool of the evening as Adam did. Every action of Adam done in the Divine Will had Divine force, his praise of God came to God with God's own power like a tsunami.

" Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven "

What happens when God's Will is done on earth as it is in Heaven. The whole earth growns in expectation.

" It is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me"

When we hand over our human wills, and live in the Divine Will, we bring Heaven closer to earth.

By grace Jesus will do this for you, " Without me you can do nothing "

So desire it and ask, this you were created for, it is your highest Joy, purpose for existence.

• Like 1

" Jesus saith unto them, My meat is to do the will of him that sent me, and to finish his work." John 4:34

Jesus food was to do the Will of the Father. The Divine Will is the source of all things, and sustains all things.

Even believers still struggle with ego, pride, wilfulness. They live as if their human wills were supposed to ungoverned in many different areas. That is why most grace is blocked and why miracles seem a distant memory.

Our damaged human will causes us to sin, and drags its heals against The Holy Divine Will.

It is The Holy Divine Will that brings us joy, we were created to live in The Divine Will in the beginning and this was called Eden.

We can now, if we want to, return to the first order of creation, by handing over our human wills to God. And asking for His Holy Divine Will to live in us and Reign in us.

All actions in Divine Will have infinite power and no grace is lacking. We can walk with the Lord in the cool of the evening as Adam did. Every action of Adam done in the Divine Will had Divine force, his praise of God came to God with God's own power like a tsunami.

" Thy Kingdom come, Thy Will be done on earth as it is in Heaven "

What happens when God's Will is done on earth as it is in Heaven. The whole earth growns in expectation.

" It is no longer I that live, but Christ who lives in me"

When we hand over our human wills, and live in the Divine Will, we bring Heaven closer to earth.

By grace Jesus will do this for you, " Without me you can do nothing "

So desire it and ask, this you were created for, it is your highest Joy, purpose for existence.

Hi Matto - Appreciate your reply and I agree with some of your comments. To me, the will and desire of God now for the believer is to be as God-dependent as His Spirit teaches and enables us, but He knows it cannot be perfect due to the "old man" interrupting and distracting us (which He uses to teach us), the sin nature in us but He does not consider us in it (Rom 8:9). We will be sinless at death or upon the resurrection.

All who truly experience rebirth will progressively manifest the "desire to do His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13).

Blessings!

Hi Matto - Appreciate your reply and I agree with some of your comments. To me, the will and desire of God now for the believer is to be as God-dependent as His Spirit teaches and enables us, but He knows it cannot be perfect due to the "old man" interrupting and distracting us (which He uses to teach us), the sin nature in us but He does not consider us in it (Rom 8:9). We will be sinless at death or upon the resurrection.

All who truly experience rebirth will progressively manifest the "desire to do His good pleasure" (Phil 2:13).

Blessings!

Thanks Net Chaplain.

I always found it curious that we ask for God's Will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. God's Will is done perfectly in Heaven, everyone lives in the Divine Will in Heaven.

So I came to the conclusion that we must live in the Divine Will as those in Heaven, if God's Will is to be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

"No easy task for the natural man, matter of fact it is impossible."

I see the point, but it's not man that achieves this, but God, because nothing is impossible for God.

I don't think Jesus would tell us to pray for something impossible, only those living in the Divine Will could do the will of God on earth as it is in Heaven.

I always found it curious that we ask for God's Will to be done on earth as it is in Heaven. God's Will is done perfectly in Heaven, everyone lives in the Divine Will in Heaven.

So I came to the conclusion that we must live in the Divine Will as those in Heaven, if God's Will is to be done on Earth as it is in Heaven.

Good reasoning! There, His will is done uninterruptedly in the absence of sin. Here it is done in the presence of sin. But I believe the Lord's prayer concerning His will being done here as it is There is probably referring to the New Earth.

Good reasoning! There, His will is done uninterruptedly in the absence of sin. Here it is done in the presence of sin. But I believe the Lord's prayer concerning His will being done here as it is There is probably referring to the New Earth

Yes, that's right. That is the Kingdom of the Divine Will coming to Earth as it is Heaven.

Its what we've been praying for.