The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
  • Sarcasm Mondays!
  • Please beware that on Mondays CF's theme is humorous sarcasm. Start the new week with a laugh!
Sign in to follow this  
Watcher

Greetings

Hi everyone, just now joined. I look forward to hearing all you new voices and hope to meet some new brethren. I don't belong to any denomination, I am a pure exegetic, which only seemed to cause issues with rc and eo on another site, hence the "protestant" search brought me here.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum.

I am not sure what a pure exegetic is. I would be interested to know more. Its always interesting to know more about each other, especially new be's again welcome and Merry Christmas.

• Like 1

Hi Justme and thank you. Simply put, an exegetical approach to scriptures depends upon scriptures to interpret themselves, by guidance of the Holy Spirit. My specialty is in finding and posting all relevant scriptures on any given topic. I love my Bible and know it pretty well, like nothing else in fact. My hope and joy in this is in watching how others enjoy seeing the connections in the Word of God itself, without no "coaching" from my carnal mind. In context with my post above, RC and EO are quite dependent upon subsequent men and occurrences and councils and such down through the ages, their entire religious view is abundantly inclusive with an incredible array of worship systems, items, offices, rites, laws, creeds and so on... with it's dependence upon about everything else except scriptures. So when and exegetic presents the Word of God, comparing spiritual things with spiritual, tying the OT in with the NT with simple parallel copy and pastes.... it doesn't fit with the RC or EO. Other Christian forums in fact coddles them and empowers them; I saw a lot of imbalance and those who did try to speak the Word of God were throttled. The main trait of an exegetic is his sole dependence upon scriptures for proofing all things and holding fast that which is good. It is good you would like to know more about Exegetics. It is opposed to the common practices of "Eisegesis", which is how denominations come to be and how they get stronger. Eisegesis is an interpretation of Scripture, that expresses the interpreter's own ideas, bias, or the like, rather than the meaning of the text. And though all denominations are guilty of that to some extent, the RC and EO have a hierarchy in place with a powerful catechism that is pure Eisegesis, convincing the mass that every word their priest says is in the Bible. "putting in" is Eise. "Taking out" is Exe. It is why the Protestants cant' mix with the RC and EO. They call exegetics like me "Sola Scriptura", and condemn me for it, saying that unless I'm part of their church I'm lost. Which attitude, is, I assume, the reason this forum came into existence. Thank you for asking and may this have been helpful. Peace my friend

• Like 1

Welcome, hope to see you around the forums.

• Like 1

Hello Watcher, and welcome. I look forward to dialogue with you and others as we seek to understand God's word together by the help of His Holy Spirit. I am always a fan of the phrase "the Bible is its own expositor," meaning the Bible alone will explain itself by comparing verse with verse and context with context. Through it all, may we seek to exalt the beautiful character of Jesus. God bless!

• Like 2