The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Latter Day Saint

In continuation, so as not to hijack a thread

Yes. I am a Latter Day Saint.

Thank you. I think you see that Latter day Saints is not in like with Orthodox Christianity. When I saw you directed the person that God Loves everyone, that simply is not true. Gods Love is available to those who confess their sins and repent and FOLLOW him. There is no other way to the Father that by Jesus Christ.

There is no way that we become like He is, or that we too will become other gods. That is not anywhere is scripture.

I have a gentleman I went to College with Dr. James White. He did outreach to LDS in Arizona, and now debates Cult leaders like those in the LDS Church. I too have had experience with LDS people. I have found them to be genuinely kind and generous people within their members.

I want to be perfectly clear, when you enter a Protestant Forum and make statements that are not in line whit Scripture, and then attack me by suggesting I was wrong and should be banned that is unacceptable.

You so interfered with what I told the fellow, he sided with your unbiblical advice. That is leading him astray, and that can not happen. I would NEVER go to a LDS Forum and interfere with their teaching or try to disrupt their forums. You have done this, here and to me. Being a very new person I think you over stepped your bounds in suggesting I was wrong and should be banned. That is not your choice or mine to make..

I want you to knwo that there are others that hold my view point, but each and every time you bring false LDS doctrien up someone will stand up to that wrong.

It is my sincere desire that you would somehow see the false teachings of the LDS church and come to a Saving truth in Jesus Christ His Only Begotten Son.

Thank you. I think you see that Latter day Saints is not in like with Orthodox Christianity. When I saw you directed the person that God Loves everyone, that simply is not true. Gods Love is available to those who confess their sins and repent and FOLLOW him. There is no other way to the Father that by Jesus Christ.

There is no way that we become like He is, or that we too will become other gods. That is not anywhere is scripture.

I have a gentleman I went to College with Dr. James White. He did outreach to LDS in Arizona, and now debates Cult leaders like those in the LDS Church. I too have had experience with LDS people. I have found them to be genuinely kind and generous people within their members.

I want to be perfectly clear, when you enter a Protestant Forum and make statements that are not in line whit Scripture, and then attack me by suggesting I was wrong and should be banned that is unacceptable.

You so interfered with what I told the fellow, he sided with your unbiblical advice. That is leading him astray, and that can not happen. I would NEVER go to a LDS Forum and interfere with their teaching or try to disrupt their forums. You have done this, here and to me. Being a very new person I think you over stepped your bounds in suggesting I was wrong and should be banned. That is not your choice or mine to make..

I want you to knwo that there are others that hold my view point, but each and every time you bring false LDS doctrien up someone will stand up to that wrong.

It is my sincere desire that you would somehow see the false teachings of the LDS church and come to a Saving truth in Jesus Christ His Only Begotten Son.

Mormons are indeed unorthodox. But I am not Mormon. Not every LDS is Mormon, but every Mormon is LDS. I am Trinitarian; Mormons are not. In fact, I am Protestant.

I am unsure which "false LDS [Mormon] doctrine" you are referring to, which I had brought up. Perhaps it is the doctrine that mostly everyone is saved. If so, how is this not among the perspectives of Protestantism?

When it comes to my participation in these forums, you characterize me as a Mormon who has come here to expound Mormon doctrines, and to cause disruption. Considering that I myself understand the Mormon Church to be a cult, this statement of yours is puzzling. I feel like a book being judged by its cover/name.

You make it sound as if there are a specific set of Protestant doctrines being taught here on this site, when it appears that all kinds of Protestant views are welcome; but maybe I am wrong.

P.S. I never said you SHOULD be banned, only that I thought you would be.

Peace my brother.

• Like 1