The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Question?

If I went to a Catholic forum and started to dialogue on why they should be Protestants would I be allowed to stay? The same goes for Latter Day Saints forums, or the Seventh Day Adventists?

I would respevt their forums and not disrespect their forums.

My QUESTION is for you who are here is these different religions why are you here?

• Like 1

I suppose this question applies to me since I am a Seventh Day Adventist. I am here on this forum because I enjoy the dialogue of Christ and His word. I love to talk about Jesus and what I believe to be truth. I present what I know and leave it up to the readers to decide what they accept or reject. God gave the amazing blessing of freedom of choice and a mind that can reason. God says "Come now, and let us reason together", Isaiah 1:18. I think we can all agree that we must test all things according to the Bible: "To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them." Isaiah 8:20. I believe we all have the freedom to dialogue on various topics of the Bible, each giving their opinion. One will say "yes that makes sense", another will say "no that doesn't make sense." Let everyone make their own choice and to God be the glory for salvation through Jesus Christ. God bless.

• Like 3

I am glad you took the time to answer the post. I have a very dear friend who is 91 years young who is a SDA. I even worked for him as a mechanic for a good number of years. We have come to terms about our differences. He has stated his total dependence on Jesus on Jesus Christ for his Salvation. That was a big step for him. He still keeps the Sabbath.

I dearly love this man, and I know he says the same for me. However there are areas we agree to disagree on. I will leave the rest up to God. WE each pray for each other. Rarely do you find such true friendships.

My wife are dear friends with an older Amish couple. We have been friends for over two decades. We have taken then to the hospital a hundred miles away many times. We have shared prayer requests ,and been with then with the loss of an infant grand daughter. We have shared joys and sorrows.

I try to befriend people because i am a Follower of Jesus Christ. I allow for differences, as within Biblical teachings. But when there are issues that keep hammering on me like keeping the Sabbath amd that I am wrong, we ahve to come to someway to overcome this. Either there is mutilate respect for Romans 14:5-12 says, or we both just part company.

For my 91 year old SDA we have come to respect each others way of Worshiping on different days.

We have very different ways of understanding what Scripture really says. I can and do respect you, but it seems you have attacked anyone who does not believe in Sabbath Worship. If that could change in you respecting us who believe in Worshiping and Honoring The Lord on Sunday, not because of works, because we Love the Lord. If you could find that within your heart and genuinely mean it, dialogue on other topics might be possible.

Revelation13 I do truly wish you a very Merry Christmas.

In Jesus Christ,

Justme

• Like 1

Justme, thank you for your feedback. I agree that we can dialogue on many different topics and agree to disagree when needed. Through it all, may we always exemplify the loving character of Christ and seek to exalt Him. God bless your Christmas time as well.

• Like 2

If I went to a Catholic forum and started to dialogue on why they should be Protestants would I be allowed to stay? The same goes for Latter Day Saints forums, or the Seventh Day Adventists?

I would respevt their forums and not disrespect their forums.

My QUESTION is for you who are here is these different religions why are you here?

There are some people who want to work within a community to put the face of humanity on somethings that are objectionable to those whose home the forum is. These types of people should always be welcomed in because they make one think over some things that we might have overlooked.

There is, unfortunately the type who come in like gangbusters with the express intention of showing everybody the error of their ways, because they are so self assured that they are the, THE INFORMED person who was going to bring us out of our infantile stupor and lead us all into their own self gratuitous world of enlightenment.

These people have no respect for anyone or anything and hardly have anything to bring to the table except the self important arrogance that has gotten them removed from so many forums previous to the one they curently are in.

There are some people who want to work within a community to put the face of humanity on somethings that are objectionable to those whose home the forum is. These types of people should always be welcomed in because they make one think over some things that we might have overlooked.

There is, unfortunately the type who come in like gangbusters with the express intention of showing everybody the error of their ways, because they are so self assured that they are the, THE INFORMED person who was going to bring us out of our infantile stupor and lead us all into their own self gratuitous world of enlightenment.

These people have no respect for anyone or anything and hardly have anything to bring to the table except the self important arrogance that has gotten them removed from so many forums previous to the one they curently are in.

William and the Moderators are doing an excellent job of watching for those who intention is not to join in but to cause disruption.

Happy Christmas, and blessings.

The site is called Christforums. I would expect it would be open to anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? In many cases there is more doctrinal disagreement between two Protestant denominations than there is between some Protestant denominations and Adventists, or between some Protestant denominations and Catholics.

Staff
The site is called Christforums. I would expect it would be open to anyone who accepts Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior? In many cases there is more doctrinal disagreement between two Protestant denominations than there is between some Protestant denominations and Adventists, or between some Protestant denominations and Catholics.

Welcome to Christforums Paulcyp1.

Please read our rules and moderator announcements: https://www.christforums.org/article...-announcements

Hope your fellowship here is fruitful!

God bless,

William

• Like 1