The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
just_me

Is it possible to baptize myself in water.

I am an over the road truck driver and can only get in off the road for 3-4 days per month. I don't have a regular church to go to, but I do have a cusin that says he is a preacher. I don't think he has taken any classes to be an actual preacher and he goes to a church with a female pasture.

I went to that place one time and had to leave before the sermon was out, because the women incharge of the music got up and chastized the congregation for not singing load enough and the female preacher had to try and shame some of her members into volenteering for some side service.

All in all, I don't think God even recognizes that place because I didn't see any spirit withing the community.

I have asked him to baptize me and he seems to be very hesitant. He's one of those people who is very tightly wrapped and I think he doesn't think I'm ready because I don't act as restrained as he is.

I don't want to get baptized in that church, because I don't feel that if I do, then God wouldn't acknowledge that Baptim, because of the church and the paster that will do it.

Frankly, I'm getting rather tired of waiting and I'd like to know if theres anything, biblically wrong with this or do you think that baptizing myself will not work.

No baptism is a communal act and as William said baptism into the body of Christ. I would avoid churches with female" pastors" as it has been said a church with a female pastor has neither a church or a pastor.

• Like 3

No baptism is a communal act and as William said baptism into the body of Christ. I would avoid churches with female" pastors" as it has been said a church with a female pastor has neither a church or a pastor.

I was wondering if you can use a bathtub to be baptized in. I've heard that some churches have something like that inside the churches.

I am going to stay away from women pasters, because I don't believe that they are biblical. I never have. Thank you and God bless.

• Like 3

I was wondering if you can use a bathtub to be baptized in. I've heard that some churches have something like that inside the churches.

Churches that baptize by immersion usually have what is called a baptistry. It is a tank that is large enough for the person being baptized to stand it. It is generally located behind the pulpit, behind a wall that has an opening enabling the congregation of observe the baptism. This opening in covered by a curtain when the baptistry is not in use.

I am going to stay away from women pasters, because I don't believe that they are biblical. I never have. Thank you and God bless.

Oh dear brother Juts_me. People get baptized in a river, a lake a horse tank, and some sprinkle. I have baptized people in a baptistery, and sprinkled a woman who was dying in a hospital bed.

You need to find a Bible believing church. There are Truck stop churches I have heard of as well as Cow boy Churches located in many places on the road. You have to look them up, It is so very important to belong to a Body of believers that can support you in your Walk with Jesus Christ. IN belonging to a Body (Church) there being baptized is your confesing that you now are following Jesus Christ and His teachings. You are publicly confessing Jesus Is your Lord by being baptized.

I hear your cry to prove you have become a Christian, now take the time and take the next big ope step. I will pray for your after I post this. Blessings and Marry Christmas. Drive safe. .

• Like 2

Now you have someone who will help you find one. It is smart of you to avoid that church and healthy to want to be baptized, but i doubt you will penalized for wanting it and not being able to do it. Pray about it. Shiny side up, driver.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:52 PM, just_me said:

I am an over the road truck driver and can only get in off the road for 3-4 days per month. I don't have a regular church to go to, but I do have a cusin that says he is a preacher. I don't think he has taken any classes to be an actual preacher and he goes to a church with a female pasture.

I went to that place one time and had to leave before the sermon was out, because the women incharge of the music got up and chastized the congregation for not singing load enough and the female preacher had to try and shame some of her members into volenteering for some side service.

All in all, I don't think God even recognizes that place because I didn't see any spirit withing the community.

I have asked him to baptize me and he seems to be very hesitant. He's one of those people who is very tightly wrapped and I think he doesn't think I'm ready because I don't act as restrained as he is.

I don't want to get baptized in that church, because I don't feel that if I do, then God wouldn't acknowledge that Baptim, because of the church and the paster that will do it.

Frankly, I'm getting rather tired of waiting and I'd like to know if theres anything, biblically wrong with this or do you think that baptizing myself will not work.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 5:27 AM, just_me said:

s.

On ‎12‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 11:52 PM, just_me said:

Most legitimate churches have a baptismal facility consisting of a water container large enough to accommodate two adult individuals . The process usually does not take very long . And there is nothing in sacred scripture that indicate  the person performing the baptism must be a pastor or etc.. However , I feel that I have to ask you this : Are you certain of your salvation ? Paul tells us, " Examine yourselves whether ye be in the faith ;prove your own selves ,how that Jesus Christ is in you ,except ye be reprobates ." 2nd.Cor.13:5  This is by no means a personal attack upon your salvation. But one that every believer needs to consider very carefully.

On ‎12‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 6:52 PM, just_me said:

Look at the date on the OP...a whole year ago...and just_me hasn't visited the forum since April. Wonder if he did get baptised??? 🤔