The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Latter Day Saint

Anyone LDS/RLDS ?

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there's any LDS or RLDS members here. I can't seem to find an LDS forum which tolerates criticism of Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church. Perhaps this is the place.

Peace

Hello everyone,

I'm wondering if there's any LDS or RLDS members here. I can't seem to find an LDS forum which tolerates criticism of Joseph Smith and the Mormon Church. Perhaps this is the place.

Peace

Hello, Latter Day Saint,

If you're looking for a venue where Joseph Smith may be criticized with impunity, may I say " welcome home!" :RpS_thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks guys.

But I'm not so much looking for a place to vent as much as a place to find others who believe as I do, with whom I can discuss details. You see, I believe that Joseph was a prophet, but that he fell and lost his authority. I believe in the Book of Mormon as scripture, likewise. What I'm curious about is knowing when exactly Joseph fell. I have my theories, but I'd like to hear others' as well.

Hello Latter Day Saint,

As far as I am aware there are no Mormons on this board. We are Christian/Protestant, and we only tolerate so much towards cultist.

God bless,

William

May I have the honor of introducing the man who pays the bills here? Yes indeed, this is @William 's forum and we are all here by his sufferance. Take his advice to heart is all I'm saying.

• Like 1

Reorganized LDS (1860). Or now renamed, Community of Christ. In many ways it's the church of Joseph's Smith wife, Emma Hale, and their son, Joseph III. It's not a prominent church, but it's well established.

By the way, RLDS aren't Mormons. That is the LDS (Mormon) Church. Spread the word.

RLDS is Trinitarian.

Thanks guys.

But I'm not so much looking for a place to vent as much as a place to find others who believe as I do, with whom I can discuss details. You see, I believe that Joseph was a prophet, but that he fell and lost his authority. I believe in the Book of Mormon as scripture, likewise. What I'm curious about is knowing when exactly Joseph fell. I have my theories, but I'd like to hear others' as well.

Welcome to the forum. What are your theories on Joseph Smith as a prophet who fell? I do not believe he was ever a prophet but a false teacher and former freemason.

• Like 2

Welcome to the forum. What are your theories on Joseph Smith as a prophet who fell? I do not believe he was ever a prophet but a false teacher and former freemason.

When I was still wondering the world, looking for something other than that which was presented to me as Christianity by the JW's that my mother took me to, I came to deliver a load of something, I can't remember to BYU. I, just out of curiocity got a Book Of Mormon and tried reading it. I couldn't get past the first 3 pages because it was just about the worst convoluted jumble of thoughts I had ever tried to interpet. I don't know about anyone else, but my idea of Joseph Smith is that he took far too much peyote.

• Like 2

When I read the Book of Mormon, together with the Book of Commandments, I understand it to be saying that every person can and should, if they choose, become a prophet and a writer of scripture; that a new people (the house of Nephi) will take form and shape the process/art of scripture-writing, being a prophetic people; and the whole world will eventually imitate them. All will prophesy of the coming of Christ.

Given this interpretation, I believe that Joseph fell sometime after he had established the church in 1830. In fact, I believe that Joseph's fall and death was prophesied by his own hand.

Based on what I've read about Joseph, he seems to have fallen before the year 1835.

When I was still wondering the world, looking for something other than that which was presented to me as Christianity by the JW's that my mother took me to, I came to deliver a load of something, I can't remember to BYU. I, just out of curiocity got a Book Of Mormon and tried reading it. I couldn't get past the first 3 pages because it was just about the worst convoluted jumble of thoughts I had ever tried to interpet. I don't know about anyone else, but my idea of Joseph Smith is that he took far too much peyote.

The first part of the book is not interesting to me either. In fact, many parts of the book are absolutely garbage in my opinion. It sounds like someone dictated it on the fly, while their face was in a hat. Lmao.

But still, it's an amazing book in many respects. And in the same way that the Torah was revised over centuries by scribes and priests, so too I think the Book of Mormon deserves the same. Maybe then people will come to better understand the making of the Bible.

That's interesting. I never it read it but I heard about it and read some things about it.

When I read the Book of Mormon, together with the Book of Commandments, I understand it to be saying that every person can and should, if they choose, become a prophet and a writer of scripture; that a new people (the house of Nephi) will take form and shape the process/art of scripture-writing, being a prophetic people; and the whole world will eventually imitate them. All will prophesy of the coming of Christ.

Given this interpretation, I believe that Joseph fell sometime after he had established the church in 1830. In fact, I believe that Joseph's fall and death was prophesied by his own hand.

Based on what I've read about Joseph, he seems to have fallen before the year 1835.

I see. Thanks for sharing your beliefs.

• Like 1

I don't know a lot about the Mormon church, but I have been through some studies that showed Joseph Smith's connection with Freemasonry, and how the esoteric doctrines of Freemasonry are also used in the esoteric Mormonism doctrine. Here is a link to a video that spells it out quite extensively and how it's all linked to the new age movement: https://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/...ew-age-agenda/

It is one video in a series, so some of the info there might seem out of place if you haven't watched the other videos, but it's still is a good overview of Joseph Smith's background and connections. God bless!

• Like 2

I don't know a lot about the Mormon church, but I have been through some studies that showed Joseph Smith's connection with Freemasonry, and how the esoteric doctrines of Freemasonry are also used in the esoteric Mormonism doctrine. Here is a link to a video that spells it out quite extensively and how it's all linked to the new age movement: https://amazingdiscoveries.tv/media/...ew-age-agenda/

It is one video in a series, so some of the info there might seem out of place if you haven't watched the other videos, but it's still is a good overview of Joseph Smith's background and connections. God bless!

Thanks for sharing this. I will watch the video.

• Like 2