The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Jen Hatmaker Slams Bible With Scathing 1-Star Amazon Review

AUSTIN, TX—A man browsing Amazon for a Bible to purchase Monday reportedly noted that a particularly scathing one-star review of an ESV Thinline Edition was recently posted under the Amazon account “HatmakerHugsU.” Our sources were able to confirm the Amazon user is in fact nationally known author and speaker Jen Hatmaker. “You guyyyyyyyssssss, this book […]

. . . finish reading Jen Hatmaker Slams Bible With Scathing 1-Star Amazon Review.

More...

When I hear the name calling I usually just go on to the next person. A person who can't articulate effectively without using stereotypical catchphrases isn't a person whose opinion I respect enough to recognize or even acknowledge.You can tell how much class she has when she has to resort to making comments on Amazon to try to stir up controversy.

People such as this women depend on the nonviolent nature of Christians to not do to her what a Muslim would most assuredly do if she said the same thing about the Quran.

• Like 1

Yes such profound ignorance is really appalling. The Bee has an acute sense of the pulse of the nation. The reason the Bee is so effective is because these articles are seen as being very plausible in our culture.

• Like 1

Yes such profound ignorance is really appalling. The Bee has an acute sense of the pulse of the nation. The reason the Bee is so effective is because these articles are seen as being very plausible in our culture.

I've seen better culture growing in a Petri dish.

This is not our culture because we grew up in a different time. This is attitude trying to replace culture and having a hard time in doing so because there is no end game to it. It is an ideal that rebukes that which has and is still working because these people can't fit their agenda into anything that works.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 1

A decaying culture for sure a culture of death even. Yes this is not the culture that we grew up with. It is like I have lived in two different worlds.

• Like 1

For the most part, I ignore the Babylon Bee articles. We already know this world is decaying. And newspaper articles like to get a reaction from people. Especially the B.B.

• Like 1