The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
  • Sarcasm Mondays!
  • Please beware that on Mondays CF's theme is humorous sarcasm. Start the new week with a laugh!
Sign in to follow this  
Innerfire89

Just throw me in a hole in the backyard when I'm dead.

Death is ridiculously expensive. Just to be moved from one place to another in a hurst cost the family around $1000.00, a simple cremation cost thousands.

A friend of mine is in the process of passing and is donating his body to science, yet the family still has to pay for his cremation.

I thought I'd ask, is that usual? And also, is there a way to die without it costing more to live?

Death is ridiculously expensive. Just to be moved from one place to another in a hurst cost the family around $1000.00, a simple cremation cost thousands.

A friend of mine is in the process of passing and is donating his body to science, yet the family still has to pay for his cremation.

I thought I'd ask, is that usual? And also, is there a way to die without it costing more to live?

Die homeless. is all I can think of.

It is expensive whichever way you chose, they sure get you coming and going dont they?

Personally, I would chose a burial on my own property for myself and my loved ones but they dont allow that anymore. And probably because there is just so much more they can profit off you by way of death through your family as you depart this earth.

There are quite a few cadaver scandals associated with donating your body also. You could try reading up on those, most wont.

Google how a company made a fortune selling donated bodies.

Its a business, just as Funeral homes have been caught not storing the bodies as they should leaving them out to rot or cramming more bodies than should be in a burial plot. Or cremating bodies in the same place as animals and you would never know if you were getting back the cremated body of your loved one (there was a story on this one somewhere)

There just seems to be much profit for peoples body parts (whether you are alive, and they want to harvest your body parts for someone else who wants to live and willing to pay such as goes on in China) or whether fetuses which have died through an abortion or if you died of natural causes (much older) also.

Funeral homes are businesses not clergy, just keep that in mind and they want a chunk of any that life insurance that was left the family if there is any. If clergy can be dishonest serving money, how much more with those who work among the physicaally dead (who cannot tell their stories)?

Someone could say, "shop around", and I suppose that sounds terrible (I know) even as they try to make you feel as if that wrong to do at the time of a loved ones death but they are the ones profitting (and you are the one being squeezed and guilt tripped for their benefit not yours).

I would far more prefer to be wrapped and laid in a hole in the ground (on family land) without all the creepiness of the body businesses. I would estatic if I could be buried that way (without them) heck we buried our animals and doesnt cost anything but a shovel and some dirt in reality. The whole funeral business is a scam.

• Like 1

Die homeless. is all I can think of.

I think everyone dies without a home, naked we come into this world and naked we depart

All you had left behind gets scattered to the winds at that time, unless you died broke (and they even found ways of profitting off your death in donated body sales

• Like 1

She won't do it but that is what I told my wife to do with me.The cost to bury someone may in part have to with the rise of cremation services.

• Like 1

I think everyone dies without a home, naked we come into this world and naked we depart

All you had left behind gets scattered to the winds at that time, unless you died broke (and they even found ways of profitting off your death in donated body sales

By homeless I mean without property and relatives as If you lived on the streets.

By homeless I mean without property and relatives as If you lived on the streets.

If you rent that would still be (in reality) without property (at least any that actually belonged to you) and there are many who do and do so without any children (never having had them) or siblings (was an only child) and/or without parents where in their older years had passed away themselves. I would think thats pretty common, even in a sense equal to being homeless (being without property) and yet even without living relatives. I think the state gives aid to these.

Maybe if we all had friends like Joseph Arimathea who buried the Lord in his ow new tomb. Not like the Lord needed it except for a few days

(thanks Joseph, you can have it back, Im out of here)

When my Dad passed away some 20 yrs. ago -- in Florida -- a VA cemetary and the church used a person's SUV to carry the casket to the burial plot.

My Mother wished to be cremated -- it was less expensive.

Back a while there was a big deal made about who's ashes various families actually Did have. And I thought -- what does it matter. Ashes are ashes.

Many years ago there was a lady I'd kind of known -- she'd died penniless -- she died at home from liver problems -- a friend took the IV out and they put her in a box and buried in the pauper's part of the cemetary. Nothing more was required by law. To me - that was sad.

• Like 1

It depends on where you donate it. Some universities and research centres pay for the cremation as well. If your family aren't concerned about getting remains back, you could also donate to a body farm, where they study the process of decomposition.

With all the rules about toxic waste, if you die of something that needed ongoing treatment like radiotherapy and chemotherapy, you may be forced to have a cremation as your body can't be legally interred. We ran into that after a family member passed away, and it was definitely an unwanted surprise.

• Like 1