The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Where were you when you first heard about 9/11?

For me, I was working for an over the road trucking company and had delivered a load, just inside the I-495 beltway. I didn't have the hours to make another run, so I found a side street where I could park and take a nap.

There was another truck parked close by and I didn't really notice if the guy who came knocking at the drivers side door was from that truck or not. I was a little hesitant to open my window, because you never know who is out there. It could have been a crack smoker looking for loose change.

I finally grabbed a hammer and slowly rolled down my window, expecting a hard luck story and a request for money, but the guy yelled out " The world trade center and the pentagon just had been hit by a plane".

I said , "Ok!" and rolled back up the window. I thought he was some messed up addict seeing things in his mind. I watched him as he looked at me thought the glass and then he turned around and walked back towards his truck.

I pulled the black out curtain around the sleeper bunk and tried to get some sleep, but the thought f what that guy said stuck in my mind. I couldn't sleep.

It was then, I turned on the radio and the first thing I heard was about the very thing the guy was saying. I felt kind of bad that I reacted the way I did, but who can blame me.

I was wondering just where you were on that day and how you found out about what happened. Thank you and God Bless.

I was at work. When I first heard it I didn't think anything of it. There was no mention of a terrorist attack, just the one plane hitting a building. I live in Minnesota and many years ago a small single engine plane flew into the side of the IDS building in Minneapolis. I figured it was just another one of those accidents that sometimes happen. After the second plane hit I knew something was up. I knew the planes had to be hijacked but the thought of terrorists never entered my mind. Terrorism was something that happened overseas, not in the United States. I actually believed we were untouchable. I've learned a lot since then.

But that's where I was...at work.

Out for a morning walk. It wasn't perceived as a terrorist action at the time. When I went to work that morning it was all over the news and was by then linked to terrorism.

I was at work. When I first heard it I didn't think anything of it. There was no mention of a terrorist attack, just the one plane hitting a building. I live in Minnesota and many years ago a small single engine plane flew into the side of the IDS building in Minneapolis. I figured it was just another one of those accidents that sometimes happen. After the second plane hit I knew something was up. I knew the planes had to be hijacked but the thought of terrorists never entered my mind. Terrorism was something that happened overseas, not in the United States. I actually believed we were untouchable. I've learned a lot since then.

But that's where I was...at work.

I think we all grew older and a little more aware of the world on that day. I just wish the rest of the world would have learned something and acted accordingly. If you look at the EU and those on the left side of the political establishment, you would think we were at fault for everything. The Devil is a master of his craft.

Out for a morning walk. It wasn't perceived as a terrorist action at the time. When I went to work that morning it was all over the news and was by then linked to terrorism.

Yeah. I still remember the scene of those towers falling dwn and the ash that was everywhere. You know there was some idiot artist that actually tried to sell these wind chime he or she had made with the World Trade canter as the center and the depictions of those poor souls that jumped to their deaths suspended around the image of the building on strings. I'm not a violent person, but I could see myself as one for a second or two by punching that person in the face.

I remember hearing a story about one survivor telling that the first responders where getting those who reached the ground floor out one side of the building because so many bodies were falling to the ground on the other side. I can't even image the horror of having to make that desision on how to end my life.

I was about twelve or thirteen when it happened, I was playing video games when my mother called from work and said there was an airplane crash, then the second plane hit. I was pretty confused at the time, I didn't know what was going on, I didn't even know what a Muslim was. But for years after I hated Muslims, especially since I saw them celebrating on T. V.

I was about twelve or thirteen when it happened, I was playing video games when my mother called from work and said there was an airplane crash, then the second plane hit. I was pretty confused at the time, I didn't know what was going on, I didn't even know what a Muslim was. But for years after I hated Muslims, especially since I saw them celebrating on T. V.

I remembe seeing a still picture of two men raising the arm and on of them i mid air as though he was leaping for joy. The burning image of one of the towers was in the background and both men were looking at it. I remember President Trump saying something about it and the opposition were all harping on him for not having proof of that. I've never seen it again and I don't know if it even exists, still, but people need to be aware that the Evils in this world aren't the ones passing out Bibles but are the ones passing out bomb vests. I'm not one of those love it or leave it kind of persons, but I am a Practice what you preach and have the experience to back that preaching up type of person.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 1