The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Would you place a loved one in a nursing home after hearing this?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/to-your-health/wp/2017/11/18/a-dying-vet-needed-cpr-hidden-video-shows-his-nurse-laughing-instead/?utm_term=.09c7ed3e87bd

By the late winter of 2014, James Dempsey had served in a world war, raised children, buried a wife and seen the best of his health behind him. As he prepared for a stay at a nursing home on the outskirts of Atlanta, the 89-year-old began to feel nervous.

So his family hid a camera in his room at Northeast Atlanta Health and Rehabilitation, Dempsey’s son later told WSB-TV. His father knew about it, he said, but the nurses didn’t.

James Dempsey died in that room Feb. 27, 2014, in front of the secret camera. What his family saw on the video made them sue the facility.

We were able to keep my mother-in law out of a nursing home. and so far my father in law who we be 92 Thursday. .My own mother died at 60 and my father is 89 and in relatively good health. We would like to avoid nursing homes for all our loved ones. This just reinforces the matter.

• Like 1

We were able to keep my mother-in law out of a nursing home. and so far my father in law who we be 92 Thursday. .My own mother died at 60 and my father is 89 and in relatively good health. We would like to avoid nursing homes for all our loved ones. This just reinforces the matter.

I'm proud to know you, my friend. God bless and keep you and yours.

• Like 1

I would never put anyone in a nursing home. That's where people go to die.

I think when eldarly people find themselves discarded, by their loved ones. It doesn't matter if they are living in their own house or in a nursing home They die a little bit at a time, untill they just give up, I think there are some instances where familiy members really need to place their loved one's in a care facility, especially when there is children in the house and the eldarly person is far too much to handle because of dementia or Alshiemers. I don't know which of these curses is worse, but there comes a time when the only thing that we have is our memories. All who we knew, we laughed with and cried never to have passed away a those memories become their only link to a life of freedom and independence. Either of these two rob these people on even those and they are left simply breathing day to day until even breath escapes them.

It's a sad thing and is even sadder when you look at people who simply toss these people into these facilities, just so they can move on with their lives.

I am overjoyed that God sent his Son into the world so he can save all of us who recognizes him and I'm proud of those who set out some time for their alders and sacrifice the time they can to see about their welbeing.

HONOR THEY MOTHER AND THEY FATHER. That sentence is golden and carved into the heart right along with Jesus.

Surely the nurses in this case should not simply be sued, they should be facing charges of manslaughter or death by negligence? This sort of thing is completely unacceptable, and should never be allowed to occur.

I would never put anyone in a nursing home. That's where people go to die.

Sometimes there is no choice. For one of my elderly relatives with terminal cancer, there was no way to provide in-home care, life support, and the required (controlled) pain medications as he needed round the clock medical care. We visited multiple places before finding one he liked, and he had visitors every day until he passed. While we would have prefered for him to pass at home, it simply wasn't possible.