The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Do we have the credibility to denounce sexual harassment when we actively allow the sexualization in advertisments.

I am not speaking for those who abuse anyone sexually in any way. I am not excusing that vulgar activity by anyone, but I am saying that in allowing the style and beauty industry to promote the style over substance we set up our youth to fail in this area.

Should we as Christians actively boycott stores and TV shows that have promotions that encourage the sexualization of the body?

I have been harping about this for years, since I first became aware of the shows, Toddlers and Tiaras, Where they show mothers insainly parade their little girls out on stage, dressed up in the skimpiest outfits and talking about how these little girls would make themselves more atractive, even before these kids have any sense of self at all. There are others in this field of reality TV that have absolutely nothing to do with reality.

I will not submit any more TV shows that fit this idea because I feel that in doing so would promote them, but I don't have to. All I need to do is walk past a billboard or turn on my TV, which I hardly ever do, and I will be inundated with commercials that define for impressionable people what beauty is. I notice none of that even brings up internal beauty unless it has to do with promoting some product or service that promises to get you there.

Do we have the right to demonize anyone for becoming addicted to the drug that we push on people, as a country through the printed word and the imagery of pictures?

Do we have a responsibility to curtail te sexualization of each other and do so without effecting the very economy that feeds our families. Do we need to reintroduce shame into the world and challenge those who laugh at us for doing so, by explaining why a bikini clad 18 year old model is needed to sell toothpaste.

• Like 2

As much as I would like to boycott every store that pushes broken worldly values, I would have to boycott every store. But that's not to say there are some that should be boycotted like Targets or Wendy's, and boycotts do work.

I think as Christians we should correct immorality by spreading the the Gospel and we should always speak out against evil.

​​​​

• Like 2

As much as I would like to boycott every store that pushes broken worldly values, I would have to boycott every store. But that's not to say there are some that should be boycotted like Targets or Wendy's, and boycotts do work.

I think as Christians we should correct immorality by spreading the the Gospel and we should always speak out against evil.

​​​​

The one thing that I didn't think of before posting this thread, is the fact that some of these places might just throw out something so outrageous that we as Christians would almost have to respond to and they would use that backlash to promote more products by using the naughty card, if you know what I mean.

I know Satan is out there and he has some devious lures and traps at his disposal.I think we should pray and pray hard, but as a knee jerk reaction. I'd like to slap somebody that takes a picture of some innocent 5 year old little girl in a string bakini and have her pose like a 20 year old super model. We have enough of these sick pedophiles out there to be offering them red meat like that.

• Like 1

Everybody shaming everyone else about their sexuality, while everyone is shaming someone else with their sexuality... it is madness. We certainly live amongst the evil and adulterous generations.

• Like 1

In a news article I read it said that in California that first graders are being taught about Homosexuality and its acceptable, and same sex marriage is normal.

About 20 years ago we started getting a catalog from a store that sold woman's under garments and bed time clothes. The woman were exposing their breast, and private parts. My wife and were very upset, how did we get this naughty catalog? My wife took quite a long time to find out how to stop receiving this stuff. We had a teenage daughter, and a younger daughter still at home. They did not have to be exposed to this.

Now it seems this kind of advertisement is everywhere you look. Is it any wonder young boys and young men have unrealistic expectations of sexuality? We live in a world where even cookies are sold with sex. Unless we speak up to the companies that use sex to sell things they think its what we want. We call people when we receive junk in the mail, or on internet sites we visit.

Unless we sit by and say nothing we are giving our approval. This is always a constant battle.

If ever we need to teach our children the way the Bible teaches the personal responsibility in our own sexuality and controlling our own body and mind, our children will learn from the world how to be an animal with sexual desire for women and men, homosexuality is now considered as normal. Same sex marriage is now becoming the way the whole word now likes.

God help us to be pure, faithful, and worship the Lord in every part of our lives.

• Like 2

In a news article I read it said that in California that first graders are being taught about Homosexuality and its acceptable, and same sex marriage is normal.

About 20 years ago we started getting a catalog from a store that sold woman's under garments and bed time clothes. The woman were exposing their breast, and private parts. My wife and were very upset, how did we get this naughty catalog? My wife took quite a long time to find out how to stop receiving this stuff. We had a teenage daughter, and a younger daughter still at home. They did not have to be exposed to this.

Now it seems this kind of advertisement is everywhere you look. Is it any wonder young boys and young men have unrealistic expectations of sexuality? We live in a world where even cookies are sold with sex. Unless we speak up to the companies that use sex to sell things they think its what we want. We call people when we receive junk in the mail, or on internet sites we visit.

Unless we sit by and say nothing we are giving our approval. This is always a constant battle.

If ever we need to teach our children the way the Bible teaches the personal responsibility in our own sexuality and controlling our own body and mind, our children will learn from the world how to be an animal with sexual desire for women and men, homosexuality is now considered as normal. Same sex marriage is now becoming the way the whole word now likes.

God help us to be pure, faithful, and worship the Lord in every part of our lives.

I pressed the like button so hard on your post that I just about broke my mouse. 1000% agreement here.

The thing is that we need to take our children's education ceriously, because the government surly is and they don't care about our values. They care about creating these little snowflakes that march on demand for the causes that the government sees fit to throw their way.

I think if President Trump was to shut down the dept of Education it would do wonders with eradicating the plague of indoctrination that's seeped into every schoolroom in America.

I think boycotting would be great, starting with these shows that highlight child beauty pageants. I think this unreality shows that sensationalize every form of debauchery known to man would be a good place to target as well.

I tell you, the more I see of today's world, the more ergently I wish for the end times to come. I remember how the world was, when I was young. I'm sure my parents thought it horable, but I would pick those times over what we are looking at today in a heart beat.

• Like 2

Everybody shaming everyone else about their sexuality, while everyone is shaming someone else with their sexuality... it is madness. We certainly live amongst the evil and adulterous generations.

It's not going to get any better, either.

• Like 1