The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Just Mike

What do you do to assure Christ is the main focus of Christmas?

The World controlled by Satan and his workers of evil want to keep Jesus Christ out of Christmas. Satan has almost won the battle in TARGET, and several other major chain stores. Fqinding anything with Jesus Christ on it is all but impossible.

So brothers and sisters what do you do the keep Jesus Christ in Christmas?

I don't celebrate the commercial day of Christmas myself so its not too difficult to keep Jesus in the day as I would keep him in every day daily.

I usually try not to anounce it when folks say Merry Christmas, I will still say Merry Christmas to everyone and leave it at that because some folks dont like that you dont celebrate it as they do.

• Like 1

Each morning before the opening of presents we read a portion of the Scriptures relating to the birth of Christ.

• Like 4

Every Christian keeps Jesus in every day. It part of being a Christian. The question was referring to a particular day.

• Like 2

I keep Jesus Christ as my focus in that particular day by not participating in any of the commercial/worldy aspects imposed on the day.

So that is how I keep Jesus as the main focus of that day, all the rest of it is not necessary in order to do so.

I keep Christ in Christmas by wishing people Merry Christmas. I'm on FB a lot and there's a lot of wishing people a Merry Christmas rather than saying happy holidays.

So -- Merry Christmas ya'll -- from Texas.

We have a Christmas Eve service at church. A Sunday School Christmas party at a local Sirloin Stockaide.

We sing Christmas Carols -- I really enjoy Christmas music. Would love hearing it all year round.

• Like 1

Merry Christmas Sue, and everyone else as well (and I love quite a few traditional Christmas songs too) and I do play them year round nothing wrong with that.

• Like 2

Also very important to teach the children in the home the real meaning of Christmas so that they get the ''christmas'' depicted by the adverts on TV out of their heads

I do like the Christmas Carols. Some of the best of the Gospel message is found in their refrains. They should be sung year 'round!

Joy to the World, the Lord HAS COME! Let earth receive Her King!

Come into my earth Jesus!

And He has Come!

(2Co 4:7) But we have this treasure in earthen vessels, that the excellency of the power may be of God, and not of us.

(Col 1:27) ... Christ in you, the hope of glory:

Less than 20 years ago you could hear Christ centered Christmas music everywhere when you shopped. Now its Santa Clause, Jingle Bells, White Christmas and so many more songs, but Jesus is being driven out of Christmas.

Have you ever notices Satan and Santa use the same letters?

• Like 1

Less than 20 years ago you could hear Christ centered Christmas music everywhere when you shopped. Now its Santa Clause, Jingle Bells, White Christmas and so many more songs, but Jesus is being driven out of Christmas.

Have you ever notices Satan and Santa use the same letters?

Some time ago I looked up Santa Claus just out of curiosity. Seems that Santa Claus is the American version of Ole Saint Nick from Turkey. Ole Saint Nick made a point of making sure that the kids in really financially broke families had something special for Christmas.

Seems that Hobby Lobby at least Used to have Christian music playing in the background.

We don't go out shopping at big stores -- there's a Walmart and Bealls local. We Do have Christmas movies on DirectTV and Christmas music on 91.3 FM which is what I'm listening to presently.

And, you're right -- gradually that is has been happening.

• Like 1

We went to see the latest STAR WARS this last Tuesday and a new company just took over a large group og mob=vie shows. They are selling beer and wine now! At $7.50 for one beer I did not see anyone buy one, but I don't like then selling the drinks.

My wife and I do not drink alcohol. We feel its wrong for us. We try to not be a stumbling block for anyone. We have so many other ways that we most likely need to be careful in that perhaps we are not aware of, but things we know could be offensive we avoid altogether. Being in ministry people look at their pastor to live at a higher level, and if there is one place we got attacked was our children were not perfect. Oh well neither were my wife and me.

We went to see the latest STAR WARS this last Tuesday and a new company just took over a large group og mob=vie shows. They are selling beer and wine now! At $7.50 for one beer I did not see anyone buy one, but I don't like then selling the drinks.

My wife and I do not drink alcohol. We feel its wrong for us. We try to not be a stumbling block for anyone. We have so many other ways that we most likely need to be careful in that perhaps we are not aware of, but things we know could be offensive we avoid altogether. Being in ministry people look at their pastor to live at a higher level, and if there is one place we got attacked was our children were not perfect. Oh well neither were my wife and me.

Isn't there an open container law? or against drinking and driving? Personally I don't like the actions of people who've been drinking. Wine is supposed to mellow a person.

I'm with you, though. Not comfortable with selling alcoholic beverages in a public place like that.

• Like 1

The World controlled by Satan and his workers of evil want to keep Jesus Christ out of Christmas. Satan has almost won the battle in TARGET, and several other major chain stores. Fqinding anything with Jesus Christ on it is all but impossible.

So brothers and sisters what do you do the keep Jesus Christ in Christmas?

I usually focus out what I don't want to add to something that people add to something to dilute the purity of. People can have their trappings to make Christmas as big as they want to, but is Christmas about a festival or is it about Jesus. I look to the manner in which Jesus came into the world and how he died. I also look to his life and how meagerly he lived. Was it about the pomp and circumstance or was it about humanity?

If I want to celebrate Christ I would give money to the homeless shelters or the food pantries and not the corporate Christmas conglomerates. A gift of your time is even better at the shelters and the old folks home bringing the warmth of human presense back into their lives. Listen to these peoples stories. They will astound you.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 2

Well, the first thing I do is refrain from telling people that Satan controls the world. (perhaps you are only referring only to the godless element in the world.) If Satan literally controls the world then your question is moot. Secondly, I pray for change in regards to the positive support for the Christian influence and heritage pertaining to Christmas, this includes supporting those political candidates that are pro-Christian in regards to "keeping Christ in Christmas"--OK everyone say it with me: Trump. Thirdy, I present irrefutable evidence against any accusations that the celebration of Christmas is biblically prohibited. Fourth, I endeavor to say "Merry Christmas" to people when I'm out and about.

Edited by Kingdom Citizen
  • Like 1

Well, the first thing I do is refrain from telling people that Satan controls the world. (perhaps you are only referring only to the godless element in the world.) If Satan literally controls the world then your question is moot. Secondly, I pray for change in regards to the positive support for the Christian influence and heritage pertaining to Christmas, this includes supporting those political candidates that are pro-Christian in regards to "keeping Christ in Christmas"--OK everyone say it with me: Trump. Thirdy, I present irrefutable evidence against any accusations that the celebration of Christmas is biblically prohibited. Fourth, I endeavor to say "Merry Christmas" to people when I'm out and about.

Satan does control this world and why woulod the question be moot when it is understood that what you can assure is what you have control over and that is your presence.

What does politics have to do with anything and what does President Trump have power over other than what he says and simply saying Let's put Christ back in Christmas? Does that make it any lesser or greater of a celebration in the hearts and minds of Christians.

Irrefutable evidence of what?

Satan does control this world and why woulod the question be moot when it is understood that what you can assure is what you have control over and that is your presence.

What does politics have to do with anything and what does President Trump have power over other than what he says and simply saying Let's put Christ back in Christmas? Does that make it any lesser or greater of a celebration in the hearts and minds of Christians.

Irrefutable evidence of what?

God alone rules. He alone is in control (Psalms 47:2, 7, 8; Psalms 135:6; Psalms 103:19; Psalms 24:1; Jeremiah 27:5,6; Daniel 4:35; Ezekiel 18:4).

Satan never has, and never will control the world. Satan has no discretion to do whatever he wants in the nations. If he was in control, then Moses, Joshua and David would have never led Israel, correct? Those verses pertaining to Satan's authority in this world is figurative pertaining to the godless element of the world and only within severe limitation in the literal sense. For example:

2 Corinthians 4:4 "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

In that verse, the author is not literally ascribing Godhood to Satan, the word "God" is here used in a figurative sense as pertains to the godless element in the world, not the world as a whole. In other words, the willful godlessness of the multitude of people on the planet. Satan is their father by nature and election, the ruler of their lives in the sense that they do his work. But even such authority is subject to God's imposed limitations. For example, Satan, cannot just kill any godless person he so chooses or force them to deny their Maker. Satan was unable to force Pharaoh to do whatever Satan chose as evidenced by pharaoh eventually releasing the Israelites, as evidenced by the fact that he did not just outright kill Moses.

The word "world" can be used in a general sense pertaining only to the goldess element and not the world in toto (the natural world and the goldy dwelling therein). For example: James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." Here James is referencing the godless element in the world, not the world as a whole and the goldy dwelling therein.

Claiming Satan controls the world brings him glory (not that you have knowingly done this).

What does politics have to do with anything?

I presume you're actually being serious. I should be more surprised than I am by your implied presumption, but repetitive exposure to the false presumption underlying your claim is all too common, tragically.

.....why would the question be moot when it is understood that what you can assure is what you have control over and that is your presence.?

Because it would not matter at all what we do to preserve and bolster "Christ" in Christmas--in society--if Satan were truly in control since he would simply nullify or prevent any positive action exerted in support of preserving the Christian element and heritage pertaining to Christmas.

I believe the OP question pertains to society in general.

Why on earth is anyone putting satan in the Christmas picture. Let's celebrate Christ -- He's the reason For the Season.

Why on earth is anyone putting satan in the Christmas picture. Let's celebrate Christ -- He's the reason For the Season.

Because we have an activist here that's try to prove something and brings up politics and Satan in an attempt to derail someone elses topic for their own purposes.

God alone rules. He alone is in control (Psalms 47:2, 7, 8; Psalms 135:6; Psalms 103:19; Psalms 24:1; Jeremiah 27:5,6; Daniel 4:35; Ezekiel 18:4).

Satan never has, and never will control the world. Satan has no discretion to do whatever he wants in the nations. If he was in control, then Moses, Joshua and David would have never led Israel, correct? Those verses pertaining to Satan's authority in this world is figurative pertaining to the godless element of the world and only within severe limitation in the literal sense. For example:

2 Corinthians 4:4 "In whom the god of this world hath blinded the minds of them which believe not, lest the light of the glorious gospel of Christ, who is the image of God, should shine unto them."

In that verse, the author is not literally ascribing Godhood to Satan, the word "God" is here used in a figurative sense as pertains to the godless element in the world, not the world as a whole. In other words, the willful godlessness of the multitude of people on the planet. Satan is their father by nature and election, the ruler of their lives in the sense that they do his work. But even such authority is subject to God's imposed limitations. For example, Satan, cannot just kill any godless person he so chooses or force them to deny their Maker. Satan was unable to force Pharaoh to do whatever Satan chose as evidenced by pharaoh eventually releasing the Israelites, as evidenced by the fact that he did not just outright kill Moses.

The word "world" can be used in a general sense pertaining only to the goldess element and not the world in toto (the natural world and the goldy dwelling therein). For example: James 4:4 "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." Here James is referencing the godless element in the world, not the world as a whole and the goldy dwelling therein.

Claiming Satan controls the world brings him glory (not that you have knowingly done this).

God allows Satan to control what he can of this world and that is quite evident by what is going on here. God is on the throne, but he has allowed Satan to infest himself;f in this world in such a way that he effectively controls it. The idea that God can not insert himself in anything and everything because Satan rules the world is like saying a governor of a state can't simply invalidate the commands of a mayor within his state The Idea that the prophets couldn't operate If Satan was in charge is a bit ridiculous . The entire reason that God did what he did, hardening the heart of pharaoh, parting the Red Sea and going into the promised land the way he did was to bring glory to him, in a world saturated by Evil. He made his name known throughout the Ancient world for a reason and he makes his name known today fr the same reason. This world is still as whickid as it ever was and is getting worse, because it is under the yoke of Satan and it is his influences that has brought it to this point.

Chicago was and has been run by corrupt officials and the gangs rule many of the suburbs. Do you think it is giving them glory by saying this or putting them in infamy where they belong. God is allowing all of this to happen to show the world what it is like without bringing him into the picture by sanctifying his name and letting him come into our hearts.

I presume you're actually being serious. I should be more surprised than I am by your implied presumption, but repetitive exposure to the false presumption underlying your claim is all too common, tragically.

If you have a point to be made than I suggest you make it I'm not a political activist and have gone back to the book of acts to understand the purpose for the Christian church by those who, by Jesus's put it into place. Petter brought 3000 souls to Christ in one cermone. How many have all these politicians saved from the time this country was formed on down to the curent president. I would say very little if not none.

Those who dabble in politics can stand their ground and shake their fists at the opposition and give the world all the examples that the Devil can use to label us as just another arm of the Republican party and as such have nothing more to give anyone except the same rhetoric that both parties have been spewing for years. I would rather reach out to those who are lost in this world, wither they be Democratic or Republican and bring them into the church. I will leave bringing people into the Republican party deal with the party and all the embarrassments that depending on another human beings.

Because it would not matter at all what we do to preserve and bolster "Christ" in Christmas--in society--if Satan were truly in control since he would simply nullify or prevent any positive action exerted in support of preserving the Christian element and heritage pertaining to Christmas.

I believe the OP question pertains to society in general.

We do the same thing we have alloys do as individual Christians against a world so saturated by wrong. WE

Ephesians 6:14-18

14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.

If this was a social question, I don't think the OP would have used the term YOU, he would have used WE as in what can WE do.

God allows Satan to control what he can of this world and that is quite evident by what is going on here. God is on the throne, but he has allowed Satan to infest himself;f in this world in such a way that he effectively controls it. The idea that God can not insert himself in anything and everything because Satan rules the world is like saying a governor of a state can't simply invalidate the commands of a mayor within his state The Idea that the prophets couldn't operate If Satan was in charge is a bit ridiculous . The entire reason that God did what he did, hardening the heart of pharaoh, parting the Red Sea and going into the promised land the way he did was to bring glory to him, in a world saturated by Evil. He made his name known throughout the Ancient world for a reason and he makes his name known today fr the same reason. This world is still as whickid as it ever was and is getting worse, because it is under the yoke of Satan and it is his influences that has brought it to this point.

Chicago was and has been run by corrupt officials and the gangs rule many of the suburbs. Do you think it is giving them glory by saying this or putting them in infamy where they belong. God is allowing all of this to happen to show the world what it is like without bringing him into the picture by sanctifying his name and letting him come into our hearts.

Governor and Mayor? Inappropriate comparison of course since a mayor has limited authority in a city while the Governor has authority over an entire state. we are talking about God's and Satan's influence over the same realm. However, you're comparison actual supports my contention since a mayor is seriously limited in his authority and discretion.

Saying that satan "effectively controls" the world is the same as saying that Satan controls the world. I presented Scripture and provided some minimal yet convincing exegesis on pertinent Scripture. I have argued from Scripture and you are arguing from what?

"The Idea that the prophets couldn't operate If Satan was in charge is a bit ridiculous."

I agree. That's why Satan is obviously not in charge.

This world is still as whickid as it ever was and is getting worse, because it is under the yoke of Satan and it is his influences that has brought it to this point.

Respectfully, you are making the same mistake so much of the Church is currently making: You are claiming inevitable, steady, decline prior to the 1 Thessalonians 4:17 event and then arbitrarily claiming that such moral decline is occuring now. Why now? We went through two world wars. If you are claiming steady worldwide decline since Apostolic times, then how do you explain, the great revivals/awakenings in Europe and America? How do explain the christianization of early Canada and America? How do you explain the Reformation? What about all the other major, positive moral/spiritual changes that have occured in the world, such as the moral/ spiritual revolution under John Wesley? Or how bout the civil rights movement in the 60's? What about the majority conservative wins in the past 2016 election cycle? The "last days" extend from apostolic times to now. What proof have you that your supposed inevitable decline starts now or some time in the immediate past? Any date that you attempt to assign to some supposed pre-Rapture, steady, consistent moral/spiritual decline in the world would be entirely arbitrary. We should not formulate doctrine on such arbitrariness. Are you not aware of all the great gains the world has seen in the spread of the Gospel lately in other countries?

What you have done is misinterpret Scripture, and in such a way as to cause you to give up and roll over for the Godless to take over. Well, fortunately there are enough christians such as myself that are believing and fighting for positive change. And we are seeing it come to past, and you are benefiting from it.

Your eschatology is way off.

The early American Church did not believe as you do: They believed they would see the evangelization and christianization of North America. They believed they had a biblical mandate and duty to Christianize their growing country. And of course their prayers, preaching and efforts paid off, as can be expected of Christians who actually believe that God will use them to turn society upside down for their Maker, Christ Jesus. Compare the early Church's eschatology with your own, and then examine the results. Theirs was very fruitful; yours is not. Arguing from end results, your eschatology is obviously founded on misinterpretation of Scripture; or maybe something else?

Why are you believing something that works to only weaken the faith of believers who are fighting to change society for the better? You don't have to help the Enemy by preaching or teaching what you have on this thread. Stop weakening the faith of the Church.

Edited by Kingdom Citizen