The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
just_me

Miss Iraq forced to flee country over Instagram photo alongside Miss Israel

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/12...ss-israel.html

So much for diplomacy by selfie.

Miss Iraq, Sarah Idan, and her family had to flee their homeland after receiving death threats over a photo she posted online last month.

Why? Because Idan posed with Miss Israel, Adar Gandelsman, at a Miss Universe International Beauty Pageant, the Times of Israel reported.

Idan came under fire for posting the photo to Instagram, captioned, “Peace and Love from Miss Iraq and Miss Israel,” in addition to modeling a bikini.

“The two of those things together caused a mess for her back home where people made threats against her and her family that if she didn’t return home and take down the photos, they would remove her (Miss Iraq) title, that they would kill her,” Adar Gandelsman told Israeli TV, the paper reported.

I can't believe this stuff. Wanting to kill entire families because one peacemaker wants to spread the word of peace.

Their hate knows no bounds it seems.

It's not about hate, It's about their version of selfless loyalty to a code of conduct they call honer. Why do you think these people kill their own kids and call it honer killing?

This is group think on steroids, backed by tradition and the social comitment to a false religion that suffers little human compassion.

I don't deny their code of conduct that they call "honor" killing.It is barbaric. However in this particular case it was based on Iraqi hatred of Jews.

I don't deny their code of conduct that they call "honor" killing.It is barbaric. However in this particular case it was based on Iraqi hatred of Jews.

I am concentrating on why they feel it is necessary for others to follow suit with their personal hatred. If this woman is Iraqi then that would suggest that she and others don't share this view of hatred. The idea of killing her and her entire family is one that suggests these people think that this woman has somehow been disloyal to some standard that they think they can set. The idea of honor killings seems to me to be the perfect example of this honor and loyalty system. You've got to admit that Muslims are if anything regimental in their activites both in their religion and in the society. Why else would they accept sheria law which is an amalgamation of religion and tradition,

They are a rigidly strict Paternal society where nothing else maters other than submission to that which is considered beneficial to continuing that which has always been. All else is simply useless and those who deviate from that mentality are held as equally useless.

Yes regimental,almost robotic it would seem in their activities . They seem to be able to kill multitudes of people in a systematic fashion without expressing emotion.

Yes regimental,almost robotic it would seem in their activities . They seem to be able to kill multitudes of people in a systematic fashion without expressing emotion.

I wonder if this regimentalism isn't characteristic of a tribal society that has not progressed past the necessities of that because of a repressive religion that feed upon that sentiment when it was a way of life, such a long time ago. Let's say around 600 years after Christ's birth

It's not about hate, It's about their version of selfless loyalty to a code of conduct they call honer. Why do you think these people kill their own kids and call it honer killing?

This is group think on steroids, backed by tradition and the social comitment to a false religion that suffers little human compassion.

Yes, it IS a false religion that is Very strong with the tradition and social commitment. A person simply doesn't leave those particular religions and live very long. In this country we still have religious freedom. In some of those countries NO.

Those people feel it is honorable to keep their family within their particular religious belief system. The father is the head of the home -- a young person does Not go outside their home religion without facing dire consequences.

(Islam compared to Christianity)

This is more and more a dangerous day and age to live in. Are we Really strong enough to take a stand for God / Christianity if it would mean dying for it? That happens in other countries a lot. And it's beginning to happen on a much smaller scale Here.

Merry Christmas

Yes, it IS a false religion that is Very strong with the tradition and social commitment. A person simply doesn't leave those particular religions and live very long. In this country we still have religious freedom. In some of those countries NO.

Those people feel it is honorable to keep their family within their particular religious belief system. The father is the head of the home -- a young person does Not go outside their home religion without facing dire consequences.

(Islam compared to Christianity)

This is more and more a dangerous day and age to live in. Are we Really strong enough to take a stand for God / Christianity if it would mean dying for it? That happens in other countries a lot. And it's beginning to happen on a much smaller scale Here.

Merry Christmas

What scares me is not the religion, but the propensity of the powers that be to embrace style over substance and side with anything other than that which has always been, just because it has always been and they want to be hip, cool and stylish.

The words of our Lord, "Forgive them father, for they know not what they do" is just as relevant today as it was some 2000+ years ago.

And a very happy Christmas too you as well, sister. Be strong in Christ, because there has never been as drastic of a need for that and I don't think things will be getting any better until he returns and makes all things right.

Edited by just_me
  • Like 1