The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

R. C. Sproul, Influential Pastor, Author, and Founder of Ligonier Ministries, Has Died

I did not know the man, but I know where he is and and that is enough for me. I will pray for his loved ones. They will need it in the upcoming months.

I did not know the man, but I know where he is and and that is enough for me. I will pray for his loved ones. They will need it in the upcoming months.

I see we both use almost the same name. I use "justme" and you use "just_me" very interesting. But first of all may I give you a very hearty WELCOME to the Christforums!

Just as a way to get to know me, I started signing my love letters to the woman I loved with all my being back in 1968. After asking her for what seemed like a good number of times, she finally said yes to my proposal. Well, next year we will be married 49 years. My how fast the years have flown by, my bride is the second best thing God has so richly blessed me with. Jesus Christ is number one greatest blessing in my life. Jesus Christ saved me 61 years ago this January 6th. I was baptized on January 13th the very next Lords Day. Never have I thought God abandoned me, and His unfailing love has been with me every day since, and forever and forever.

I sure chased this rabbit a good ways, sorry, about that. At any rate I am glad your here, and Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

I see we both use almost the same name. I use "justme" and you use "just_me" very interesting. But first of all may I give you a very hearty WELCOME to the Christforums!

Just as a way to get to know me, I started signing my love letters to the woman I loved with all my being back in 1968. After asking her for what seemed like a good number of times, she finally said yes to my proposal. Well, next year we will be married 49 years. My how fast the years have flown by, my bride is the second best thing God has so richly blessed me with. Jesus Christ is number one greatest blessing in my life. Jesus Christ saved me 61 years ago this January 6th. I was baptized on January 13th the very next Lords Day. Never have I thought God abandoned me, and His unfailing love has been with me every day since, and forever and forever.

I sure chased this rabbit a good ways, sorry, about that. At any rate I am glad your here, and Merry Christmas!

I thank you for this an congradulate you and your wife for such a blessed joining. I think it's wonderful to have someone you can grow old with as I'm sure the two of you have observed a lot of changes to the world around you.

I've used justme for awhile now and find it more and more at new web sites. I fund it unassuming and humble. I like that because it gives others a glimpse into my soul

Edited by just_me
  • Like 2