The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Keynote Speaker At Biblical Manhood Conference Definitely Wearing Women’s Pants

INDIANAPOLIS, IN—The keynote speaker at the God’s Design for Biblical Manhood Conference was definitely wearing a pair of women’s pants, sources attending the event confirmed Wednesday. Clad in a form-fitting cashmere sweater with plunging neckline, oversized glasses, and pants that looked like they were designed for a 14-year-old girl, the speaker gave a 45-minute talk […]

. . . finish reading Keynote Speaker At Biblical Manhood Conference Definitely Wearing Women’s Pants.

More...

Before I even read the article , I thought it was probably the Babylon Bee at work again.

Chuckling at the comment regarding Joel Osteen as being the speaker. Poor guy with all the 'ribbing' he gets. Wouldn't it be a shame if he developed a significant case of laryngitis ?! :RpS_biggrin:

• Like 1

The Babylon Bee is Christian satire. Their insight into modern church culture is usually very acute.

I'm pretty much a neophyte here, so I'm trying to get myself right and keep myself right. Sometimes I feel like a chicken with my head chopped off, so I don't think I'm confident enough my standing as a Christian to deal with satire yet. I just thought it was another hit piece magizine, which Is why I wondered why the news link was in here.

Yes I am relatively new to it also. What makes it so effective is that all its headlines can be plausible by taking a current circumstance and taking it to a logical extreme. Satire isn't every ones cup of tea. I do enjoy the Babylon Bee. As far as satire goes I think it is first rate. In no time brother you'll come to recognize a post from the Babylon Bee. Enjoy.