The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
  • Sarcasm Mondays!
  • Please beware that on Mondays CF's theme is humorous sarcasm. Start the new week with a laugh!
Sign in to follow this  
Support

Doug Jones Wins Stunning Victory over Roy Moore; Christian Leaders Respond

Former U.S. Attorney Doug Jones defeated Judge Roy Moore yesterday after a hotly-contested and controversial special election to fill the Senate seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions.

More...

Jones supports abortion which means he sees nothing wrong with killing babies as long as they are still in their mother's womb. Moore has been accused of molesting minors. To most Christians it would seem that Moore's sin is less than that of Jones, but perhaps God considers Moore more guilty because he is a Christian and therefore knows God's standards of right and wrong.

To most Christians it would seem that Moore's sin is less than that of Jones, but perhaps God considers Moore more guilty because he is a Christian and therefore knows God's standards of right and wrong.
Perhaps it is also that Moore appears to have committed the sin himself, while Jones simply fails to stop others committing them.

I never could have imagined a time where a political race stirred so much interest, and strong emotion. Every person that read or heard about Judge Moore seems to have an opinion as to his guilt or innocence.

On the accusers side was one woman that did a very poor job of acting. There were a number of women that claimed he dated them when they were mid-teenagers, and he as in his thirties. The thought of a man in his thirties dating a 14 or 16 year old seems wrong to me and my wife. If these women now think this was wrong back then, I have to ask just where were the parents back then when all this dating an older man was going on? Why didn't any of these women speak up when Moore was in public office?

Moore does have some strange ways. Ridding up to vote on a horse, dressing like a Cowboy, and his strong voice for the 10 Commandments, so much so he was removed as a Judge. Moore is a bit of an odd duck.

If Moore had won the race, just how much of his time would have been spent on defending himself against his accusers? How much of tax payers money would Moore have needed to defend him self?

Moore is perhaps been snake bitten by the worst viper of all, an accusation that when once brought against you, no matter even its a lie, people have the thought in their mind. There is seldom a way to prove your innocence, when the court of public opinion has heard a lie.

In the case of a rumor mill gets started, say against a Pastor, by the time he hears about it, its too late. the court of opinion has judged and convicted the Pastor, before he even knows about the problem. Perhaps there is nothing more vicious than GOSSIP.

Was Judge Moore a victim of Gossip? Will we ever know the real truth? I doubt it. Just what would do if your were Judge Moore?

• Like 1

@justme -- good question -- where were the parents of the 14 or 16yr old teen aged young lady when a 30 + man was dating her. And a 14 - 16 yr old young lady Can look and act lots more mature than her age indicates. And some 30 + yr old men don't act their age.

And a man of that age Should be looking for a woman not a teen-aged young lady. A LOT would depend on the maturity of the young lady and her parents.

Claiming that he dated them at that age -- what does a 'date' consist Of. There Might have been a lot of fun flirting going on that meant nothing at the time.

Yes, once the accusation has been made -- truthful or not --the damage has been done.

The same thing goes with Pastors and teachers. A parishoner or student can get mad and say something and it Has to be taken seriously. Careers can be ruined.

At first the race seemed pretty close -- Moore was ahead. But since Jones is pro-abortion -- it isn't surprising that he did get in. Wonder how much the population of Alabama grows now that Jones is in.

This entire sexual harrassment 'thing' has gotten Totally out of control.

Someone on FB was wondering how long it would be fore someone challenges Santa Claus for having girls sit on his lap and asking if they've been naughty. It was meant jokingly -- but.........

Perhaps it is also that Moore appears to have committed the sin himself, while Jones simply fails to stop others committing them.

There are sins of omission as well as of commission.

What matters is not the sin but the repentance of the sin that was done. Roy Moore did not seem to me to have learned anything from this other than to make excuses and point fingers, which is why politicians are so reviled these days and, I'm sure why our current president did not come from their ranks. That fact seems to me to be the reason why so many in the congress have sidestepped much of the legislation the president wants done. They are career politicians that don't like someone that doesn't play the game by their rule. In a nutshell, they don't like being upstaged by an upstart that isn't interested in keeping their rear ends in their cushy little seat with nothing to show for it.

This is about character and the credibility of God fearing people to stand for what is right, even when the option is to allow a worst sinner to walk in his steed. I would rather have a flaming liberal in office that is true to his word than a tainted conservative that will bring a continual stain to the conservative movement. The Republicans fell on a sword they needn't have had to, but they let their fears get the best of them, instead of depending on God to make his will be known. He has and that's the reason that a Democtrat is now in the office of what used to be a conservative seat. I truly believe that and I believe that as soon as these allegations came out, against Mr. Moore they should have went to God instead of a PR company.

Here is one very important basic protection we all have under the law. We are innocent until we have been proven guilty! Roy Moore has not had his day in court, and under the law he is innocent.

Some of Moore accusers have already recanted, one woman has been proven to added a date under his well wishes. If you watched the video of her crying and body language she is a liar.

I would not want to bet my life on her truthfulness. Ask yourself why didn't these women come out long before this? This is a political hack job. Moore has stuck to his story and refuses to back down, why?

Dirty politics by the Democrats has been seen over and over this last two years as never before. Roy Moore has stood his ground on being a Christian. If Moore is guilty it will come out, as well his innocents will eventually come out.

If Roy Moore proves that he is innocent, and then how will you feel after convicting him? Better to address your concerns but leave the condemnation for the courts.

• Like 1

Here is one very important basic protection we all have under the law. We are innocent until we have been proven guilty! Roy Moore has not had his day in court, and under the law he is innocent.

Some of Moore accusers have already recanted, one woman has been proven to added a date under his well wishes. If you watched the video of her crying and body language she is a liar.

I would not want to bet my life on her truthfulness. Ask yourself why didn't these women come out long before this? This is a political hack job. Moore has stuck to his story and refuses to back down, why?

Dirty politics by the Democrats has been seen over and over this last two years as never before. Roy Moore has stood his ground on being a Christian. If Moore is guilty it will come out, as well his innocents will eventually come out.

If Roy Moore proves that he is innocent, and then how will you feel after convicting him? Better to address your concerns but leave the condemnation for the courts.

I stand corrected. I let my emotions in this get the better of me.

Thank you for your wise counsel. I'm am not above making a fool out of myself or eating crow when I do it in front of others.

By the way, they have found many dead people voted for Doug Jones and a long list od people who should not have voted, Moore is very close to winning or at least meet thr requirements for a recount.

By the way, they have found many dead people voted for Doug Jones and a long list od people who should not have voted, Moore is very close to winning or at least meet thr requirements for a recount.

I'd heard that, also. Moor said that the results were so close that he's not giving up. Suspected some voter fraud. And some people will say that he's just a sore looser and should let the results stand.

With all the sexual harrassment charges being hurled around at everyone now days. "Do I Really want to run for an office" // "Did I kiss my grade school friend without asking him/ her for permission first" -- I mean lets get Real people?!

Do we remember the days of the Kennedy's ? Or whomever else lived a really memorable life in past history? Of course J.F. K Did get assassinated.

The only woman I kiss or give a frontal hug to is MY WIFE. Most men are careless and women as well, you never know how things can come back to bite you later.

• Like 1