The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Manna

Divide and conquer

I believe we are shown a divide and conquer tactic given to us by the Lord in scripture for a shadow of things to come, and also as a sign that the desolation and fall of this world is drawing near.

Here is the pattern….

Zechariah 14:13 “And it shall come to pass in that day, that a great tumult from the Lord shall be among them; and they shall lay hold every one on the hand of his neighbour, and his hand shall rise up against the hand of his neighbour.”

Zechariah 8:10 “For before these days there was no hire for man, nor any hire for beast; neither was there any peace to him that went out or came in because of the affliction: for I set all men every one against his neighbour.”

Isaiah 19:2 “And I will set the Egyptians against the Egyptians: and they shall fight every one against his brother, and every one against his neighbour; city against city, and kingdom against kingdom.”

Judges 7:22 And the three hundred blew the trumpets, and the Lord set every man's sword against his fellow, even throughout all the host: and the host fled to Bethshittah in Zererath, and to the border of Abelmeholah, unto Tabbath.

1 Samuel 14:20 And Saul and all the people that were with him assembled themselves, and they came to the battle: and, behold, every man's sword was against his fellow, and there was a very great discomfiture.

Zechariah 13:7 Awake, O sword, against my shepherd, and against the man that is my fellow, saith the Lord of hosts: smite the shepherd, and the sheep shall be scattered: and I will turn mine hand upon the little ones.

Ezekiel 38:21 “And I will call for a sword against him throughout all my mountains, saith the Lord God: every man's sword shall be against his brother.”

Concerning Ishmael and the Ishmaelites….Genesis 16:12 “And he will be a wild man; his hand will be against every man, and every man's hand against him; and he shall dwell in the presence of all his brethren.” (that spirit is present in the Ishmaelite’s)

Jesus said he did not come to send peace at this time, but a sword….

Matthew 10:34-36 “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.35 For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.36 And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.”

In this day and age divisions seem to be more and more polarized than ever before. These divisions are in every aspect of society, from divisions in church denominations, and in religious theology, to divisions in race and sects, to divisions in politics, governments, and countries. These divisions are also being manifested by many hateful words spoken like drawn swords, and are being manifest in violence and even in more warfare.

Jesus said in Matthew 12:25 “And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand:”

I believe these divisions we are seeing in our country and around the world are just another sign of the great fall of Mystery Babylon to come. Be sober minded and watch! Peace and God bless, Mark.