The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Manna

The seal of the Everlasting Covenant

In Genesis 17:13 God said to Abraham “He that is born in thy house, and he that is bought with thy money, must needs be circumcised: and my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant.”

Notice how God said my covenant shall be in your flesh for an everlasting covenant. I always thought this strange wording since the words of God also say flesh and blood shall not inherit the kingdom of God. So does this mean Abraham and his seed shall always have the same flesh and blood circumcised bodies? I think not. Let’s now look at what Paul says about Abraham’s seal of circumcision concerning this everlasting covenant.

Paul says of Abraham in Romans 4:11 “And he received the sign of circumcision, a seal of the righteousness of the faith which he had yet being uncircumcised: that he might be the father of all them that believe, though they be not circumcised; that righteousness might be imputed unto them also:”

In this we see the everlasting covenant is not about being marked outwardly in the flesh because Abraham was sealed by God being yet uncircumcised. The latter outward circumcision in the flesh was just a token, (or sign) given to signify what had already taken place inwardly by the Spirit of God. We see this in Colossians 2:11 “In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision made without hands, in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:”

To show how this seal given is spiritual let’s look at some verses concerning God’s seal of the Spirit.

Descriptions of God's seal (or mark) by the Holy Spirit.....

Ezekiel 9:4

And the Lord said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations that be done in the midst thereof.

Revelation 7:3

Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.

Revelation 9:4

And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

Revelation 14:1

And I looked, and, lo, a Lamb stood on the mount Sion, and with him an hundred forty and four thousand, having his Father's name written in their foreheads.

Revelation 22:4 “And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads.”

In scripture the words heart and mind can be interchangeable in places.

Notice the mention of the circumcision of the heart (=mind, or inner man)….

Deuteronomy 30:6 “And the Lord thy God will circumcise thine heart, and the heart of thy seed, to love the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soul, that thou mayest live.

So the seal of the heart/mind is also symbolized as being sealed in the forehead by the Spirit of God.

Now some proof that God's seal (mark) and name written in the forehead is spiritual.....

2 Corinthians 1:22

Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.

Ephesians 1:13

In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

Ephesians 4:30 "And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption."

Having this seal means you have God’s testimony and commandments written in your heart and mind, this is also signified by Christ in us, whom also the Father has sealed. ( John 6:27)

Christ in us by the Spirit is also having the testimony of Jesus Christ in us, shown here….

2 Corinthians 3:3 “Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart.” This sealing by the Holy Spirit is a part of that everlasting covenant, as Jesus also said in John 14:16 “And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;”(=everlasting covenant)

This sealing of God’s words in our hearts and minds is also shown here….

Isaiah 8:16Bind up the testimony, seal the law among my disciples.”

Isaiah 8:20 “To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.”

This sealing of the law and testimony in our hearts by the Spirit is also a part of the New Covenant the Lord said He would make with His people. ( Jeremiah 31:33,Hebrews 8:10, Hebrews 10:16)

This seal is also shown in those who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:17 “And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.

A servant is sealed or marked by his Master depending on whom he truly worships and serves. You are either a servant of Righteousness, or a servant of sin; and also “marked” accordingly.

Be you servants of God’s Righteousness, which is in Jesus Christ. May the grace of our Lord be with you. Peace and God bless. Mark

• Like 1

I agree that we are sealed by the Holy Spirit, having the law written in our hearts, and I believe it goes even further than that. We know God has a law (Exodus 20:1-17), and sin is the transgression of that law (1 John 3:4). But what is God's seal of authority in the law? Every government has a seal that they use to mark their authority to give commands and have obedience. For example, the U.S. president's seal has the president's name, his title, and his territory. The only command in the law that has all three is the fourth commandment: "For in six days the LORD [Name: LORD] made [Title: Creator] heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is [Territory: all creation], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:11.

But we find another power at work in the end-times to demand obedience to itself by changing God's law (Daniel 7:25), to which Revelation 13 prophesies as a mark of the beast, asserting its authority:

"The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957): 50:

"Q. Which is the Sabbath day?

A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Q. Why Do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

Letter from C.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons on October 28, 1895:

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act…And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters."

And notice how in their Catechism they remove the seal of God, making it possible for any lord (namely the Pope) to command obedience with these laws. Their version of the sabbath command reads like this: "Remember to keep holy the LORD'S Day". But according to them, the "LORD'S Day" is Sunday, in which the Pope created (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

For a deeper study on the mark of the beast and the seal of God, check out this link: https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-library/study-guide/e/4997/t/the-mark-of-the-beast

May God bless you with all His truth and love.

I agree that we are sealed by the Holy Spirit, having the law written in our hearts, and I believe it goes even further than that. We know God has a law (Exodus 20:1-17), and sin is the transgression of that law (1 John 3:4). But what is God's seal of authority in the law? Every government has a seal that they use to mark their authority to give commands and have obedience. For example, the U.S. president's seal has the president's name, his title, and his territory. The only command in the law that has all three is the fourth commandment: "For in six days the LORD [Name: LORD] made [Title: Creator] heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is [Territory: all creation], and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it." Exodus 20:11.

But we find another power at work in the end-times to demand obedience to itself by changing God's law (Daniel 7:25), to which Revelation 13 prophesies as a mark of the beast, asserting its authority:

"The Convert's Catechism of Catholic Doctrine (1957): 50:

"Q. Which is the Sabbath day?

A. Saturday is the Sabbath day.

Q. Why Do we observe Sunday instead of Saturday?

A. We observe Sunday instead of Saturday because the Catholic Church transferred the solemnity from Saturday to Sunday."

Letter from C.F. Thomas, Chancellor of Cardinal Gibbons on October 28, 1895:

"Of course the Catholic Church claims that the change was her act…And the act is a MARK of her ecclesiastical power and authority in religious matters."

And notice how in their Catechism they remove the seal of God, making it possible for any lord (namely the Pope) to command obedience with these laws. Their version of the sabbath command reads like this: "Remember to keep holy the LORD'S Day". But according to them, the "LORD'S Day" is Sunday, in which the Pope created (2 Thessalonians 2:4).

For a deeper study on the mark of the beast and the seal of God, check out this link: https://www.amazingfacts.org/media-l...k-of-the-beast

May God bless you with all His truth and love.

I've heard that ideology before about the mark of the beast, and know it to be in error; as God has revealed to me what the mark of the beast represents, which is sin.

As I showed above in my OP by multiple verses of scripture God's seal is that of His Holy Spirit. Serving and worshiping God is not about being in a certain place on a certain day of the week.

Jesus explained this in John 4:23 "But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him."

This worship in the spirit is also confirmed here as well...

Philippians 3:3 "For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and rejoice in Christ Jesus, and have no confidence in the flesh."

Paul warned us about trying to be justified by the works of the law and those who would try to put people back under the yoke and bondage of the carnal ordinances and motions of the law by observing certain days, months, years, and even sabbath days; as shown below.

Galatians 4:9-10 "But now, after that ye have known God, or rather are known of God, how turn ye again to the weak and beggarly elements, whereunto ye desire again to be in bondage?10 Ye observe days, and months, and times, and years."

Colossians 2:16-17 "Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ."

Many of the carnal ordinances in the law was a shadow of things to come, meaning many of the sabbath days, including the 7th day, was a sign of spiritual things to come; with each one to be fulfilled in it's own time. This is why Jesus said not one jot or tittle shall pass from the law until all of it be fulfilled. The coming fulfillment of the 7th day prophecy is shown as yet future in Hebrews chapter 4.

But even for those who think they are following the letter of the law and still want to judge others by what day of the week they worship, I say they themselves are not following the true letter of the law because the Lord's sabbaths are not based on our Calendar, but God's. God's calendar and sabbaths contained in the law are based on the moon phases, not the Gentile calendars.

But I really don't want to get into a debate about what day a man is to worship, as I do not care to judge any man according to what day he desires to worship God. The important thing is that, no matter what day he worships, he gives glory to God and worships God in Spirit and in Truth and in sincerity of heart.

Now if you really want to know what the true mark of the beast is, I wrote this study here in the prophecy forum which confirms all my points by the words of God.

Here is the link----->>>>https://www.christforums.org/forum/b...-the-man-beast

• Like 2