The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Manna

A New Living Covenant

The Old Covenant was written on stone, the New Living Covenant is written on the fleshy tables of our heart. The Old was signified by the token (sign) of an outward fleshy circumcision done by the hands of man. The New Living Covenant is ministered to us by the Living Word of God dwelling in us, (Christ in us) and written in our hearts and minds by the seal and circumcision of the Holy Spirit.

Now many have read the words contained in the New Testament, but fewer yet have truly received and retained them, this is because they have yet to made a new creation in Christ; for new wine must be put into new wine skins and both are preserved. Just as many have read the words contained in the New Testament, but not many have truly heard those words and come to truly understand them in their hearts because their ears are also yet to be circumcised by the Holy Spirit.

Without the Living Word and Spirit of God dwelling in a man, a man can be ever learning by worldly knowledge but never able to come to the full knowledge of the Truth guided by the Spirit of God. Like the body is dead without the spirit, it is the Spirit that brings to Life and quickens an understanding in us that surpasses all of man’s carnal knowledge.

Having the eyes of our understanding illuminated by the Oil of gladness, the Spirit like a fire lights the lamp of God’s words in us so that we may now know, see, hear, and understand them. And in given understanding by the Spirit we are also then able to bear good fruit through the Vine of Life, which is Christ our righteousness working in us.

The Holy Spirit bears witness to our spirit what is the acceptable will of God. It is by God’s Living Word and Spirit dwelling in us that we now have a heart and mind like Christ. When God’s Living Word and Spirit enter into your house, the darkness will soon flee because of the Light of the Truth will illuminate the insides of your house. The Spirit will guide you into all Truth, and will also show you and guide you in the Way in which you should walk, listen to Him.

If the Living Word and Spirit of God dwells in you, your conscience will be washed and purged clean of all impure thoughts and evil works, even giving you a pure conscience after being cleansed, to be made whole and free from all manner of lust and sin. If the inside of our vessel is first made clean, then the outside of the vessel shall also be made clean by the Lord as well.

Peace and God bless. Mark

Really, as I have looked into it, its not really a new covenant. Its the same one God has begged us to hold to,as with the Marriage of Isreal to Him. We just get a lifeline thru Christ. Which is a good thing in and of itself.

The new and living Covenant is Christ in us.....

[h=1]Hebrews 10:16-20[/h] 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sin.

19 Having therefore, brethren, boldness to enter into the holiest by the blood of Jesus,

20 By a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;"

God has made His Christ our Salvation, Christ in us is the New Covenant.

[h=1]Isaiah 49:6-8[/h] 6 And he said, It is a light thing that thou shouldest be my servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give thee for a light to the Gentiles, that thou mayest be my salvation unto the end of the earth.

7 Thus saith the Lord, the Redeemer of Israel, and his Holy One, to him whom man despiseth, to him whom the nation abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the Lord that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and he shall choose thee.

8 Thus saith the Lord, In an acceptable time have I heard thee, and in a day of salvation have I helped thee: and I will preserve thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;"