The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Sherlin

The Eye of a Needle

Quoted from my blog site:

https://waytruthandlifeweb.wordpress.com/

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through Me.” John 14:6

The question may be, how is it that one would ‘go through’ Jesus?

It is through His death and His resurrection that one must follow. This is the only path that one may go to get to the Father. Many do not desire to understand this and therefor they walk in the plan of their own making. They set up many religious ways that sound and look quite right, but will not lead anyone to the Father. Instead, they must die, and live crucified and walk in the resurrection Jesus provided us, for this is the way the truth and the life and it is all encompassed in Jesus. When He spoke to the rich young ruler and said that it is harder for the rich to enter the kingdom then a camel to go through the eye of a needle but that nothing is impossible with God – this is a picture of those who walk in the Spirit, for nothing is impossible for such as these. Matt 19:16-26

To walk in the spirit means to go by the way, the truth and the life – Jesus. For the flesh, pride, and the world are to be left behind – and in this anyone can go through and all eyes of any needle! This is the joy of the Spirit and Truth! It requires sacrifice, but will receive the joy of the Lord in so doing. Oh, to believe in Jesus, is to walk in Jesus! Amen!

Edited by Sherlin
  • Like 1

I might be wrong, but when you start your post "taken from my blog site" its advertisement for your site, right? If it weren't you would just make your post without mentioning your site. To be respectful to you, and speaking the truth in love, I don't like it one bit. So for me and speaking just for me, if you are not trying to attract attention to your blog site, don't mention it..

Many of us here could give web sites of our selves or family members. I could say while speaking to my son that owns Comfort Zone Air Conditioning and Heating the other day he said this. Get the point? If we want to advertise then pay William to do so, other wise you are being unethical.

I'm not understanding where you are coming from. I include this on all my posts for only one reason, to share with others Christ. No other motive. If you were to go to my site you would see. Perhaps if you would not look at is an advertisement as such, but as more like....hey, come on over to my place and I'll show you my heart in Christ!

I'm not understanding where you are coming from. I include this on all my posts for only one reason, to share with others Christ. No other motive. If you were to go to my site you would see. Perhaps if you would not look at is an advertisement as such, but as more like....hey, come on over to my place and I'll show you my heart in Christ!

William is the judge of that. However I find it offensive.

Sherlin,

We do not allow advertising/promotion of sites or soliciting of goods of any kind.

We do, however, allow people to source the material they are quoting.

I ask you to be honest, and if you're only here to promote or advertise your site then we do offer sponsorship of this site. Your site's Logo will go on our front page at the bottom footer, and we allow you to advertise as long as you do not spam the site.

We charge 10.00$ a month for this service which goes to paying our overhead. If you're interested in this service then please contact us and write us a request: https://www.christforums.org/contact-us

Otherwise, it is not fair to allow you to continue when others are paying for site advertising.

God bless,

William

Please approve my edit, thank you

• Like 1