The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Eric T.

Free Bible Reading and Study Tools

On 12/7/2017 at 10:03 AM, Eric T. said:

Please share your favorite tools for Bible reading/study. I am fond of the free tools available at Fatihlife, especially the Faithlife Study Bible and Lexham Bible Dictionary. Go here to sign up for free: https://bible.faithlife.com/

I like Faithlife.  I have Logos, which is awesome.  In the past I've used eSword, which is a nice, useful, FREE, program.

Logos also has a free version for download  

WWW.LOGOS.COM

See what’s new in the latest version of Logos Bible Software. Whether you’re preparing a sermon or doing personal devotions, Logos 8 includes the digital books and tools you need to...

I use Olive tree which has free and pay resources and it works great on mobile or desktop. 

WWW.OLIVETREE.COM

Bible Reading and Bible Study with the Olive Tree Bible App from Olive...

But as far as 100% free goes, I like Blue Letter Bible. 

• Like 1

SwordSearcher (Great search capabilities, ton of features at affordable price)

Olivetree (been my standby for years, programs are well integrated, free updates.)

BibleWorks (all brawn, no fat, no more 😞 )

Tecarta (Great for tablets)

Bible Analyzer (great 'add on' prices)

Accordance (Pricey but nice layout)

Logos (Pricey/bloated) 

2 hours ago, Solas said:

Accordance (Pricey but nice layout)

Logos (Pricey/bloated) 

Accordance is confusing and not user friendly.

Logos may be bloated (speed got much better in the latest version) but that is not the best word to describe it. The tools in Logos are simply amazing and useful.

Staff
15 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

I have used it for years and do not find it confusing at all.  I also find it to be very user friendly.

• Love 1

Just now, Origen said:

I have used it for years and do not find it confusing at all and find it very user friendly.

It was the very first Bible software I used and I never got used to it. I have tried to go back and use it, nope, doesn't click.

Logos is the way to go. AND they have a free version.

Staff
2 minutes ago, davidtaylorjr said:

It was the very first Bible software I used and I never got used to it. I have tried to go back and use it, nope, doesn't click.

Logos is the way to go. AND they have a free version.

To each his own.  I have no problem using Accordance.  In fact just yesterday I purchased the Peshitta module.  It is fantastic.

• Toast 1

1 minute ago, Origen said:

To each his own.  I have no problem using Accordance.  In fact just yesterday I purchased the Pecrapta module.  It is fantastic.

Maybe you can give me some private tutoring then LOL

Staff
Just now, davidtaylorjr said:

Maybe you can give me some private tutoring then LOL

It is really all about what someone is use to.  You feel comfortable with Logos.  I feel comfortable with Accordance.  Someone else may feel different.

6 hours ago, davidtaylorjr said:

Logos may be bloated (speed got much better in the latest version) but that is not the best word to describe it. The tools in Logos are simply amazing and useful.

As the old saying goes. YMMV (your mileage may vary).

• Like 1

What do the posts by Jasmine and Denise have to do with the topic?  Are they "real" people, or just spambots?  Are they really two different people, or just one with MPD?  Most or all of their posts seem designed to market writing stuff.

On the topic itself -- I like e-Sword, but for the past several years, my Bible study program of choice has been "The Word."  It is free.  It has a nice feature set (and frankly, I'm still discovering ones I didn't know it had), a large selection of free modules, and a good selection of "premium" modules, most of which are priced reasonably.

Staff
2 hours ago, NorrinRadd said:

What do the posts by Jasmine and Denise have to do with the topic?  Are they "real" people, or just spambots?  Are they really two different people, or just one with MPD?  Most or all of their posts seem designed to market writing stuff.

Spambots!  Thanks