The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
  • Sarcasm Mondays!
  • Please beware that on Mondays CF's theme is humorous sarcasm. Start the new week with a laugh!
Sign in to follow this  
Hidden Manna

God created all things by Jesus Christ

Here is a simple way to show and explain who Jesus Christ is by scripture. It is written in Hebrews 11:3 “Through faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the Word of God, so that things which are seen were not made of things which do appear.”

Now to show how the Word of God is the same Son of God by which all things were created….

Hebrews 1:1-2 “God, who in sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto our fathers by the prophets, Has in these last days spoken unto us by His Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, by whom also He made the worlds.”

Now to show how the same Son of God, which is the same Word of God, is the same Jesus Christ by which all things were created.

Ephesians 3:9 “And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world has been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ.”

So by these 3 verses we confirm Jesus Christ is the Son of God being the very Word of God, by which all things were created. And also by this we also understand why Jesus said he came out from God and also returned back to God; and also why Jesus said God the Father was greater than himself.

Isaiah 55:11 “So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.”

Psalm 33:6By the Word of the Lord were the heavens made; and all the host of them by the breath of His mouth.” Verse 9 “For He spake and it was done; He commanded, and it stood fast.”

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth by His Word Jesus Christ….

Genesis 1:3 “And God said, Let there be light: and there was light

Peace and God bless, Mark