The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
clark thompson

Dan 7:9-10

Daniel 7:9-10 King James Version (KJV)

9 I beheld till the thrones were cast down, and the Ancient of days did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like the pure wool: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as burning fire.

10 A fiery stream issued and came forth from before him: thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

Daniel 7:9-10

Darby 9 I beheld till thrones were set, and the Ancient of days did sit: his raiment was white as snow, and the hair of his head like pure wool; his throne was flames of fire, [and] its wheels burning fire. 10 A stream of fire issued and came forth from before him; thousand thousands ministered unto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the judgment was set, and the books were opened.

These are my thoughts, please share yours.

9 The Ancient of Days is the Lord and He is seating on His throne. Him sitting on His throne shows He has full control, most had to get off the throne to handle their kingdom but God has so much control from the throne. The attire and hair means that He is perfect. The blaze shows that He has power.

10 The fire also symbolizes the Spirit. These ready to serve are angels. This scripture reference is also in Revelation.

Why do you think those ready to serve are angels? This passage has always fascnated me.

I see them as us believers, and this judgment about to take place as the judgment in Revelation 20:11 which doesn' happen until after the 1000 year reign with Christ.

very interesting stuff.