The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
Just Mike

Will President Trump be able to complete his four year term?

There is a big movement to impeach President Trump, one man is spending $20,000,000.00. TV adds asking people to join him in impeaching President Trump, the adds on Direct TV and on the FOX News network. I am concerned, and have doubts President Trump will win a second term/

Any thoughts?

• Like 3

I think it's absurd.

Let him finish the term.

And what would be the alternative?

To be honest with you, I have not heard him say much that I would disagree with.

Of course when you check CNN on the internet

you would think Trump is satan himself.

• Like 4

There you go:

ABC News announced Saturday that Chief Investigative Correspondent Brian Ross would be suspended for four weeks without pay over a botched "exclusive" about former national security adviser Michael Flynn.

During a live "special report" Friday morning, Ross reported that Flynn would testify that Donald Trump had ordered him to make contact with Russians about foreign policy while he was still a candidate. The report raised the specter of Trump's impeachment and sent the stock market plummeting.

Later in the day, ABC issued a "clarification" to Ross's report, saying that Trump's alleged directive came after he'd been elected president. Ross himself appeared on "World News Tonight," several hours after the initial report, to clarify his error.

In a statement, ABC News said Ross' report "had not been fully vetted through our editorial standards process."

"It is vital we get the story right and retain the trust we have built with our audience," ABC's statement added. "These are our core principles. We fell far short of that yesterday."

• Like 4

I think it would be good for the country if Trump were removed from office and Mike Pence became president. I think he would do a much better job than Trump is doing.

• Like 3

Yes Donald Trump will finish his 4 year term.

No he will not be impeached.

I think it unlikely Mr Trump will WANT to seek a second term.

• Like 5

I think it would be good for the country if Trump were removed from office and Mike Pence became president. I think he would do a much better job than Trump is doing.

Why? What do think President Trump is doing wrong?

• Like 3

:RpS_scared:

One senior North Korean foreign ministry official has characterised Trump

as "crazy… a complete thug… just a pathetic guy and a scattermouth".

He got mixed up with the little fat rocket man.

• Like 2

Why? What do think President Trump is doing wrong?

The only thing he is doing right is opposing abortion and appointing pro life judges. In this respect he is a better president than Hillary would have been.

• Like 3

There is a big movement to impeach President Trump, one man is spending $20,000,000.00. TV adds asking people to join him in impeaching President Trump, the adds on Direct TV and on the FOX News network. I am concerned, and have doubts President Trump will win a second term/

Any thoughts?

They've been trying to get rid of him ever since he was inaugurated. The media's had Donald Trump on their hit list since he called them ( more or less) a pack of liars at the beginning of his campaign. It's nothing more than a vendetta against our forty- fifth President. They and their cronies in Congress will do everything they can to discredit Trump and see to it he doesn't even finish his first term, much less give him a chance at a second one. I pray for our country and our country's president. If we fall as a nation, it will be for the same reasons Rome fell.. inadequate border security to prevent invaders' incursions from the outside ( the Germanic and Celtic tribes) and decadent living from inside the Empire. I'm seeing a lot of folks ( Russia, China and North Korea) licking their lips at our internal instability and doing everything they can to weaken us. It's a bad time for the United States of America.

• Like 4

:RpS_scared:

One senior North Korean foreign ministry official has characterised Trump

as "crazy… a complete thug… just a pathetic guy and a scattermouth".

He got mixed up with the little fat rocket man.

Sounds like a description of N. Korea's leader.

• Like 3

Of course some people would like to see Trump get impeached. But one individual said that there are no grounds on which to do that. Poor Democrats just can't over the fact that Hilary didn't get in. Pres Trump is taking a stand like no president had done for 8 yrs. And the swamp is fighting back at everything he's trying to do / accomplishing. And 'they' are being deplorable to his wife. She's a very educated, attractive smart 1st lady.

I think that one of Trumps crowning glories will be to get her found guilty of .......

And it will be Very interesting to see what happens with N.Korea. That's getting more serious by the week.

Someone on a news broadcast was saying that one of the problems of slinging mud at a clean person is that some of that mud will stick to the person regardless of how clean the person truly is.

• Like 5

Any thoughts?

He is not going anywhere. I don't know about a second term (his age), but he will fulfill his current term, I believe. He is doing well and will continue to do so--as long as the Church continues to be active in supporting him in prayer and by other means.

• Like 5

Not at all. Trump is staying put.

• Like 3

Yes Donald Trump will finish his 4 year term.

No he will not be impeached.

I think it unlikely Mr Trump will WANT to seek a second term.

Considering his age, you might be right about a second term. MAGA!

• Like 2

They've been trying to get rid of him ever since he was inaugurated. The media's had Donald Trump on their hit list since he called them ( more or less) a pack of liars at the beginning of his campaign. It's nothing more than a vendetta against our forty- fifth President. They and their cronies in Congress will do everything they can to discredit Trump and see to it he doesn't even finish his first term, much less give him a chance at a second one. I pray for our country and our country's president. If we fall as a nation, it will be for the same reasons Rome fell.. inadequate border security to prevent invaders' incursions from the outside ( the Germanic and Celtic tribes) and decadent living from inside the Empire. I'm seeing a lot of folks ( Russia, China and North Korea) licking their lips at our internal instability and doing everything they can to weaken us. It's a bad time for the United States of America.

Good word, sir. But--if we fall as a nation, most of the blame will fall at the feet of the Church. We are the Salt of the Earth. If any true good/positive change will occur in society it will only come forth through the works of the Saints in God, primarily through the preaching of the Gospel and prayer.

• Like 4

President Trump is doing an excellent job. I have no doubts he will finish his full four term. Unless he has a major health issue I see no reason he won't run for a second term.

God is in control no matter who is in the White House. President Obama was evil, I believe, and when the Book of life is opened I know many will be missing and I would not be surprised if a few well know Presidents will not have their names written in it. For that matter I know a few well known larfe pastors I don't think will be there too.

• Like 2

President Trump is doing an excellent job. I have no doubts he will finish his full four term. Unless he has a major health issue I see no reason he won't run for a second term.

God is in control no matter who is in the White House. President Obama was evil, I believe, and when the Book of life is opened I know many will be missing and I would not be surprised if a few well know Presidents will not have their names written in it. For that matter I know a few well known larfe pastors I don't think will be there too.

Hi Justme,

It is important to keep in mind that although it is certainly true that God is in control, in no way does that mean that an elected president is God first choice (Hosea 8:4) or that the Church will not suffer from a bad president. (I am not presuming that you do not know this.) If the Saints go to sleep and neglect their duty, then certainly a terrible president will take office. However, according to His sovereign will, God will choose what terrible leader will take office. God being in absolute control does not preclude the negative fallout of from the Church failing to be the Salt of the Earth. Here is what I understand concerning God's will:

God allowing the installation of wicked leaders does not violate his sovereignty. Ephesians 1:11 "In whom also we have obtained an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will." The important question is: what is God's will?

From an Arminian position which affirms libertarian freedom:

First, I believe we should not confuse God's sovereign/decretive will (Isaiah 46:9-10; Gal. 6:7-8), permissive will (Genesis 50:20; Hosea 8:4), and desirous will (Deuteronomy 30:15,16; 2 Peter 3:9). We must also be mindful of the fact that God has chosen to largely work through the prayers of the Saints (Ezekiel 22:30; Luke 10:2; 1Timothy 2:1-3) . It is God's desirous will that good leaders be installed. However, He will permit the installation of wicked rulers if the Saints of God go to sleep and neglect their duties to be the light and Salt of the Earth, which necessarily requires Christians to exert positive influence in the world through prayer and other Christian means. Dereliction of such Christian duty will allow the spread of sin and the installation of wicked leaders (Hosea 8:4). And by way of demonstration, imagine if all Christians were suddenly removed from the earth, and thus necessarily also the christian influence. Would darkness flourish? Yes, I believe it would. In addition, even if a wicked leader is allowed to come to power as a result due largely to the result of failure on the Church's part, God will choose which wicked leader to install according to however He works His will on earth. He is in control while still maintaining His permissive will.

So God permitting the installation of wicked leaders in no way runs counter to His sovereignty and certainly does not justify or mitigate the installation of such leaders (and its consequence) being facilitated or caused by rebellious and/or ignorant or lazy Christians and non-Christians.

• Like 2

Done automatically. Certain keywords are linked to recommended reading. Or in the case of the Amazon word, a person is taken there for shopping. We receive a commission for any purchases used while utilizing our link recommendations.

God bless,

William

Thanks for the help.

• Like 2

Romans 13:1-7. JOHN MACARTHUR STUDY BIBLE says "Some have ignored Paul's teaching on the believer's obedience to human government (13:1-7) in the name of Christian activism, while others have used it to defend slavish obedience to totalitarian regimes," and "Scripture makes one exception to this command: when obedience to civil authority would require disobedience to God's Word (Ex, 1:17; Dan. 3:16-18; 6:7,10,10, Acts 4'19."

i COULD NOT AGREE MORE.

• Like 3

He had to be found guilty of a high crime to be impeached. They can't just get mad and fire him. Clinton was impeached, but not removed from office for lying under oath about his affair with Monica Lewinsky. He was also disbarred from pirating law in Arkansas for lying under oath.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 4