The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
AlexR

Salvation

If I believed in Christ as personal savior, I will get salvation. But my doubt is....

If believed truely but after some years I changed to follow Hinduism then whether my salvation will be guaranteed?

If I believed in Christ as personal savior, I will get salvation. But my doubt is....

If i believed truely but after some years I changed to follow Hinduism then whether my salvation will be guaranteed?

A person who believes in his heart and confesses with his mouth, the Lord Jesus is saved. Romans 10:9 - 10

1 Corinthians 15 : 1-3 --- the Gospel by which you are saved -- that Christ died for our sins, according to the Scriptures, that He was buried that was raised on the third day according to the Scriptures...."

When That happens the Holy Spirit comes to indwell that person guaranteeing their salvation until they are with Jesus Christ for eternity.

Sounds like you're doubting your salvation?

Did you intellectually acknowledge your belief ? An intellectual belief is not the same as heart acceptance.

Acknowledging your sinfulness and need Of salvation -- that nothing you have done or can ever do will earn your way to heaven. Jesus Christ did all that needs to be done on the cross when He died for you and rose again for you.

Thank you mam.... But sry mam your answer is not satisfactory to my question.

I know a friend . he has a deep faith in Christ. His words are from the heart only. I can feel it that he believed Christ deeply. He also confessed christ as his personal savior.But suddenly he turned Hinduism.

So what about his salvation now?

If you truly believed you will follow Christ. If you love me you will keep my commandments. My sheep hear my voice and follow me. Jesus says that his sheep follow him and will not listen to voice of strangers.Hinduism is the voice of a stranger. We are to examine ourselves to see if we are in the faith and to give diligence to make our calling and election sure. The epistle of 1John is a good place to start.

• Like 3

True believers will persevere in the faith.They may fall for a time but they will never completely fall away.Are you still following Hinduism?

• Like 2

Yes bro. My friend is still following Hinduism. But once he was a devoted Christian😥. If he didn't turn up to Christ again will he be saved?😥

Thank you mam.... But sry mam your answer is not satisfactory to my question.

I know a friend . he has a deep faith in Christ. His words are from the heart only. I can feel it that he believed Christ deeply. He also confessed christ as his personal savior.But suddenly he turned Hinduism.

So what about his salvation now?

What did he believe about Christ? And did he really have salvation in the first place?

Some people believe in Christ and talk about how he taught peace and to love one another but they don't learn or believe any more than that.

It's possible that he still believes in Christ and at the same time is a Hindu, Hindus believe that as long as you believe in a God you're right. But Christ is the only way and doing good works for karma will never get you to heaven.

I don't believe your friend has or ever had true faith and salvation. I pray that God shows him his error and brings up true faith in him.

• Like 1

Ok mam👍......

If a devoted Christian gets diverted from Christianity , the reason is he didn't get true salvation.

Am I righ mam?

Mam then whether saying I believe Christ as personal savior is not enough?. Bcoz he too said that from the heart.

Mam I will say the truth. He converted to Hinduism because of money. He belong to poor family.

I asked him whether do you believe in christ. He said yes. Then i asked then why you converted to Hinduism. He said for money sake. I said him a person cannot serve two masters. He kept silent and went away.

Whether he will get salvation?

Ok mam👍......

If a devoted Christian gets diverted from Christianity , the reason is he didn't get true salvation.

Am I righ mam?

Mam then whether saying I believe Christ as personal savior is not enough?. Bcoz he too said that from the heart.

Mam I will say the truth. He converted to Hinduism because of money. He belong to poor family.

I asked him whether do you believe in christ. He said yes. Then i asked then why you converted to Hinduism. He said for money sake. I said him a person cannot serve two masters. He kept silent and went away.

Whether he will get salvation?

Im not Sue D. Lol. I'm not a mam either.

The parable of the sower and the seeds explains it well. Matthew 13:7 Other seed fell among thorns, which grew up and choked the plants.

Matthew 13:22 The one who received the seed that fell among the thorns is the man who hears the word, but the worries of this life and the deceitfulness of wealth choke it, making it unfruitful.

I don't know if there's still hope for him or not, it seems like the soil in the thorns stays as it is.

​​​​​

How do you know his faith was real? when Jesus told the disciples one of them would betray him none of them suspected Judas. Evidently he acted as if he were a devoted follower and fooled them. Anyone who professes to be a Christian and then turns away from him was never really a believer in the first place.

They went out from us, but they were not of us; for if they had been of us, they would have continued with us. But they went out, that it might become plain that they all are not of us.

1 John 2:19 ESV

There are many that can go a long way with Christ and yet not be saved. Having once put their hand to the plough and looking back they are not fit for the kingdom of God as Jesus said. Many make false professions like those that fall on the stony ground but they have no root and so endure for awhile and then wither away.

• Like 3

Yes bro. My friend is still following Hinduism. But once he was a devoted Christian😥. If he didn't turn up to Christ again will he be saved?😥

Hi Alex, perseverance in the faith is one of the BIG signs that someone who claims to be a Christian actually is one .. e.g. Matthew 24:13

On the other hand, leaving the faith is a BIG sign that a person who once claimed to be a Christian never became one to begin with .. e.g. 1 John 2:19

As Dutch said above however, while true believers will all eventually persevere in the faith (the Hound of Heaven will make sure that we do .. e.g. John 6:37-40; John 10: 27-28; Hebrews 7:25), we can fall away from the faith for a time unfortunately.

Perhaps most frightening of all is the fact that many will come to the Day of Judgment fully believing themselves saved children of God, only to find out that they are not (and never were). This passage, which discusses this problem, is one of the most unsettling passages in all of Scripture (IMHO anyway).

Matthew 7

21 Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.

22 Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’

23 And then I will declare to them, ‘
I
never
knew you
; DEPART FROM ME, YOU WHO PRACTICE LAWLESSNESS.’

In Christ,

David

"All that the Father gives Me will come to Me, and of all that He

has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day"

John 6:37-40 (excerpt)

Anyone, born again, but later turns his/her back towards Christ and follows Hinduism, will be lost.

There's no such thing as once saved always saved.

(I guess that has been discussed here already, and I'm not getting involved if someone starts that topic again.)

Dear AlexR, I am very concerned for you, I am glad you are with us. I honestly think you are here for us to help you.

Jesus is the Only way to be Saved for Heaven, ALL other ways led only to one place hell. AlexR you will never have true peace of mind and the fear or death will always be in your mind and deep within your soul.

Brahma did not create the world. Jesus Christ did according to Colossians 1:16-20.Vishnu has not a preserver of anything. John 10:27-30 says because Jesus Christ's, followers are held persevered in the Father God Almighty's Hand for Eternity. There is no destroyer but Satan, Shiva is also a lie. Satan is a lier and a deceiver and goes about seeking to destroy souls like yours that he has misled you into Hinduism.

Finaly in John 14:6 it says " Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." ESV.

Dear AlexR you can not for one second believe you have salvation in Jesus Christ. Hinduism and Christianity are incompatible, they have NOTHING in common, as Hinduism is false and Jesus Christ is of the one and only true God. Some how you were told a lie that you can believe both, its Christ or nothing He will never share His LORDSHIP.

MAY i SUGGEST YOU GIVE SERIOUS THOUGHT AND REJECT HINDUISM AND REPENT AND ASK JESUS TO GENUINELY SAVE YOU WHILE THERE IS STILL TIME TO DO SO, DO NOT ALLOW SATAN TO DECEIVE YOU ANY LONGER. I have said this in caps as it is vital to become a born again, and accept the true offer to allow Jesus to save you now, I have and will pray for you.

• Like 1

Lots of people have a really good head knowledge of God / Jesus Christ -- they can even know all about salvation but never make it Personal. And That is what is necessary -- acknowledging the Personal need For salvation. When a person believes in their heart and verbalizes with their mouth, they are 'saved' - meaning the Holy Spirit comes to indwell them and won't leave until the person is with Jesus Christ.. The person's life will exhibit fruits of the Spirit.

People have been known to want to please people -- they aren't Bad people -- they simply haven't actually accepted Jesus Christ as personal Savior.

God knows our hearts -- he knows why this guy has turned to Hinduism from Christianity. If possible --sit down with him and have a serious conversation -- his eternal life depends on his salvation.

• Like 2

Sometimes there are no easy answers. God is the only one who knows your friends heart. Sometimes even as born-again believers, we make poor choices.

A Scripture you can share with him is John 14:6 "I am the way the truth and the life, no man comes to the Father, but through Me." That is Jesus Christ speaking.

He says he went to Hinduism because of money. He's from a poor family. How does Hinduism give him money.

My friend is still following Hinduism. But once he was a devoted Christian😥. If he didn't turn up to Christ again will he be saved?😥

Hi @AlexR, thanks for asking about your friend, this is a really important issue. I agree with the others in this thread who have advised that we cannot be saved if we have left off following Christ for something else. But I have a question. Why did your friend turn from Christianity Hinduism? Has he given any reason for the switch? Knowing this may provide some clues about how to help him.

The only reason to follow any religion is if it is true. Does it comport with reality? Does it help to explain the world around us and make sense of life? I am utterly convinced of the truth of the Bible and its explanation of the world around us. I am equally convinced that if carefully examined, no other holy book or world view will comport with reality the way Christianity does. Do you also feel this way? When you read the Bible, or hear it preached, does there seem to be something within you that says, "these things are true"?

Here is an interesting fact. It was only fairly recently that science came to understand that the earth was at one time covered with water. There was no land at all. However, the Bible's description of the early earth is consistent with this recent research (see Gen 1:2). This is only the tip of the iceberg regarding the harmony of Scripture with the reality of the universe we live in. I am confident that careful study will reveal that Hinduism has no such correspondence.