The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
sjmyers

Church

I am currently reasearching for a book I am writing on the church. Part of that research is reaching out to Christians and non-Christians to learn about how they understand/view certain Christian topics. The question I have for all that would be interested in assisting me is this: What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you read or hear the word 'church'? The emphasis is the first thought you have.

The first thing that comes to mind after reading your post is:

How can a non-christian have a correct view on the church?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal view about the church is a troubled one.

Some churches don't even come close to the biblical church.

• Like 1

The first thing that comes to mind is family, and I don't mean my relatives, but family in Christ.

When I think about "Church" I think of the Body I belong to and with. I love church. Form my earliest childhood I have been in Sunday School, and Church. I love the Gathering of other Followers of Jesus Christ.

In my adult live as a Pastor I have seen the worst and best side of "CHURCH" The wonderful love of Jesus Christ in Follower's of Him are reflected in the love for each other. John 13:34-35 are still active and alive today.

So love for and by the Church. I would be very pleased to help you. However spend a good time of research making sure this has not already been written. I have at 10 books on the Church some do cover this in general, so do your duty, you do not want to spend the time and money and not find a publisher who is not interested. As an additional note to publish a bool can easily cost two thousand dollars, and you get 50 to 100 copies. Its very expebsive, and you must have a very good editor for proper grammar and context that too will add a cost. Getting a book published.at not cost to you is almost impossible,so ypu have to be prepared . Blessings to your efforts.

There are many Self Publishing printing businesses.

With the new technology at hand it's a lot cheaper these days to publish books.

Large quantities are not required anymore.

With digital technology it's possible to do small quantities at low cost. [h=3][/h]

There are many Self Publishing printing businesses.

With the new technology at hand it's a lot cheaper these days to publish books.

Large quantities are not required anymore.

With digital technology it's possible to do small quantities at low cost. [h=3][/h]

I found with a Professor at the Seminary I went to, he wrote a book, and when as you say it was done cheaper than in the past, he books cost $80.00 a piece, he got 50 books out of the deal. He has not required it for a text book, but gives it as extra reading by choice. So I still think $4,000.00 is pretty expensive.

What is the first thing that comes to your mind when you read or hear the word 'church'? The emphasis is the first thought you have.

Hi sjmyers, first off, WELCOME TO CF :RpS_smile:

As for what comes to mind when I read or hear the word "church", I usually have an emotional response first, things like warmth, comfort, security, happiness, joy, belonging, etc.

--David

• Like 1

Maybe he went to the wrong place.

My family has been in the printing business for over 40 years.

I know what's going on in the printing industry.

So name a publisher that's reasonable.

As for the printing/publishing thing, that seems a FAR easier task these days. One of my friends at church has been battling cancer for about 3 years now, and he decided to write a book about his experience. It wasn't very long after I first heard that he planned on writing/publishing a book that I was able to order it from Amazon in hardback, paperback, and on Kindle as well. In fact, Amazon was the publisher I believe, and I don't believe the cost was prohibitive (cost is a great concern to him these days because of all the financial setbacks he's had here of late due to his ongoing cancer treatments).

• Like 2

So name a publisher that's reasonable.

Check your small town printers.

Small commercial shops have all kinds of full colour digital equipment.

We have done many books in small runs at reasonable cost.

And all kinds of different sizes and binding systems.

I googled "self publishing" and all kinds of websites show up.

It's the same these days with artwork.

Paintings can be reproduced on linen through digital machines.

• Like 1