The Christian Protestant Community Forums

Sincerely inquiring about the Protestant faith? Welcome to Christforums the Christian Protestant community forums. You'll first need to register in order to join our community. Create or respond to threads on your favorite topics and subjects. Registration takes less than a minute, it's simple, fast, and free! Enjoy the fellowship! God bless, Christforums' Staff
Register now

Community Fellowship

John Calvin puts forward a very simple reason why love is the greatest gift: “Because faith and hope are our own: love is diffused among others.” In other words, faith and hope benefit the possessor, but love always benefits another. In John 13:34–35 Jesus says, “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” Love always requires an “other” as an object; love cannot remain within itself, and that is part of what makes love the greatest gift.
Sign in to follow this  
David Lee

Liberal Christian Attempts To Debate Atheist But They Just Agree On Everything

November 27, 2017

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tagree-1024x580.png Views:\t1 Size:\t727.1 KB ID:\t55817","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"55817","data-size":"full","title":"agree-1024x580.png"}[/ATTACH]

SHERWOOD, OR—Local progressive believer Danielle Mason reportedly attempted to debate atheist Lucas Peterson on the various ideas including the existence of God at a local coffee shop Sunday evening, but ended up agreeing with him on every point.

The two were surprised to find themselves in agreement on the inspiration of Scripture, the relevance of divine revelation, errors in the Bible, the creation account, and the exclusivity of Christ, among dozens of additional topics, sources confirmed.

“I don’t believe in God,” the atheist began before laying out his case for the lack of any real deity as the progressive believer nodded in agreement the whole time.

“I guess I don’t believe in God either, at least not in any concrete way,” Mason said pensively during her allotted 15-minute response time. “At least, I don’t think I do. What does it all even mean, anyway?”

At one point, Mason attempted to argue for the need for biblical morality in the present age, but realized she didn’t believe in that either and backed off.

At publishing time, Mason had realized she was just an atheist who liked the church’s social programs and sense of belonging, “just like Jesus was.”

https://babylonbee.com/news/liberal-...ee-everything/

• Like 2